• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
You know how from time to time people just like to pitch their dream game? Be it a remake, a sequel or something completely new?
Do you think there's any sense in a Dream Game thread? Anytime a user has another idea for a dream game they could hop in and describe it in great detail or just say the name and dip, whatever they prefer.

Then we'd basically have a list and could rejoice together if anyone's dream game actually gets announced and again when it comes out and the person is happy with it... just an idea
That would be a cool thread, but I would exclude remakes and remasters, just to keep it interesting creative wise. It forces people to have their creative juices flowing instead of dropping their wanted remake. It also make for an more interesting thread to reas, especially elaborate posts where people even think of possible names for their games 😄

That would be a cool thread, but I would exclude remakes and remasters, just to keep it interesting creative wise. It forces people to have their creative juices flowing instead of dropping their wanted remake. It also make for an more interesting thread to reas, especially elaborate posts where people even think of possible names for their games 😄
Oh I definitely agree with that but I thought maybe that would lead to a lot of members not feeling like participating lol

And I honestly also think it's interesting to hear what a dream remake/remaster would look like for any given person. SMRPG showed me I have a pretty different view on that than many people lol

But that's 3 people already not telling me it's a crazy boring idea, so I might cook something up...

Got back into Slay The Spire after someone posted a screenshot of their winning run on one of the Discord servers I'm on. It's good to be flinging cards again.

When you gotta work on May Day.

emperor-palpatine-ironic.gif

(At least I'm done now.)

as a DC area resident this sucks :(
Bummer. Would sometimes go to Crystal city for meetings in grad school and always thought that area was cool. I guess the corporate blandness has to win out.

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OLLI OLLI WORLD

I have a very specific question for @Raccoon

imagine, if you will, that you are the arbiter of a series of caverns – each currently being used as a "screening room" for archival music of some sort

you seemingly enjoy being the host and gatekeeper of this strange volcanic audio pocket

what would you say to wayward travellers who stumble into this strange sonic atheneum left in your charge?
how serious of an answer do you need

my first reply when I read this between batches at work last night was "ayyy what's good"

then after some patented raccoon speculation I wrote out "hello and welcome to the sound test of this game we call life"

I also considered "HOW DID YOU GET HERE" like in wizard beer

so idk pick your favorite. if they all suck DM me and I'll think harder

my first reply when I read this between batches at work last night was "ayyy what's good"

then after some patented raccoon speculation I wrote out "hello and welcome to the sound test of this game we call life"

this is plenty to work with! mostly wanted to get a natural vibe, even with some interpretation

wait what the fuck is wizard beer

Is Mega Man X Command Mission a Mascot RPG?
(Like the Mario RPGs or Sonic Chronicles)

Hmmm, getting tempted to just jump in and start Hack GU(Sign is too much of a gap to watch and roots is basically lost media at the moment)

okay, I've taken a stab at it

please forgive the voice clips, I promise to have more vibe-appropriate ones in the future

Totally using a guide to play through the back half of Oracle of Seasons. The game is a bit too obtuse for me. You kind of meander around the overworld until you maybe random find the thing that does a thing that lets you enter this place.

Damn, this is my first time ever hearing about that place and it sounds rad as hell.
I used to live in Crystal City and yeah that mall was really neat. Smelled like pee all the time but it was a cool, convenient way to get from one side of town to the other and had some fun places to eat and sit.

All that GTA online money can’t be used to keep these studios alive?
Why the hell would you keep people employed when you can use that money to pad out executives' wallets?

Totally using a guide to play through the back half of Oracle of Seasons
Lol I just played through that and all the time I was wondering "does this game do signposting well or do I just remember what to do from childhood"

But that's 3 people already not telling me it's a crazy boring idea, so I might cook something up...
Maybe a good idea would be to explicitly ask people to go into detail about their dream game, instead of just dropping a one-liner like "remake of X" or "sequel to X".

When you gotta work on May Day.

emperor-palpatine-ironic.gif

(At least I'm done now.)
May Day isn’t even a holiday in America; barely anyone knows about it. Such a shame.
I was about to comment that I had to look up "May Day" because I had no idea what it was, or how it was related to working. Glad I'm apparently not the only one! (we should totally adopt it in the US, though!)

Try this one freak trick to make Scarlet and Violet run smoother! Game Freak hates me!

Play Ogre Oustin' on hard difficulty for like an hour out of spite because you can't get past Stage 9 solo! By the time you rage quit and want to try some raids, you'll be so used to a slideshow presentation that the rest of the game will feel like buttery smooth 60fps!

It's warm out*, he's chillin in the shade

*Somewhere, probably
*Here, actually

It is definitely warm here, like in a "running the AC on full blast" kind of way.

Was sitting out in the pickup watching traffic for a bit today and my dad asked me to move the truck after about a half hour because the shade had moved and his clothes were now burning him.

You know how from time to time people just like to pitch their dream game? Be it a remake, a sequel or something completely new?
Do you think there's any sense in a Dream Game thread? Anytime a user has another idea for a dream game they could hop in and describe it in great detail or just say the name and dip, whatever they prefer.

Then we'd basically have a list and could rejoice together if anyone's dream game actually gets announced and again when it comes out and the person is happy with it... just an idea
I'd be into it. I've had a bunch of these thoughts over the years. BotW and TotK were actually really funny for me because I felt like I was getting constantly monkey's pawed with them in improbably specific ways. Here's another game like Wind Waker but on land with an emphasis on the glider for getting around! ...Ignore how it threw out almost everything else I liked. Here's a mech powered by a ghost girl in a game built around the Nuts & Bolts building mechanic, monkey's paw curls furiously

Now if Nintendo could please do this next with any of my ideas for a new Donkey Kong game...

May Day isn’t even a holiday in America; barely anyone knows about it. Such a shame.
I was about to comment that I had to look up "May Day" because I had no idea what it was, or how it was related to working. Glad I'm apparently not the only one! (we should totally adopt it in the US, though!)
I mean with even public healthcare being decried as some sort of communist hell-spawn, I can't in all honesty claim to be surprised about that…

*Here, actually

It is definitely warm here, like in a "running the AC on full blast" kind of way.

Was sitting out in the pickup watching traffic for a bit today and my dad asked me to move the truck after about a half hour because the shade had moved and his clothes were now burning him.
I know this is the internet, and we're all supposed to hate the sun, but I'd happily take this after an entire year of the sky here being grey non stop. Desperate for Spring to actually start at this point.

I'd be into it. I've had a bunch of these thoughts over the years. BotW and TotK were actually really funny for me because I felt like I was getting constantly monkey's pawed with them in improbably specific ways. Here's another game like Wind Waker but on land with an emphasis on the glider for getting around! ...Ignore how it threw out almost everything else I liked. Here's a mech powered by a ghost girl in a game built around the Nuts & Bolts building mechanic, monkey's paw curls furiously

Now if Nintendo could please do this next with any of my ideas for a new Donkey Kong game...
That settles it then! I'll see if I have time to set it up tonight, if not probably tomorrow. Looking forward to everybody's posts, you always have very thought out ones in particular Stilt Village. No pressure tho lol

Maaaaan, german labor day being in the middle of the week this year sucked. If it's on tuesdays or thurdays you can spend one vacation day for 4 days off. And on mondays and fridays it's a free three day weekend.

But on wednesdays? Feels like you've been robbed of half of the weekend, and the thursday after feels like monday. And i can't take two mondays in a week.

oh no he's trapped

oQycS4C.jpeg

Dude just needs some shadow, it's sunny, hot and dude's gonna dance around in the sun the whole day.

Shitty working conditions.

UK local elections today, I'll drag myself over to go vote after work but I don't think I've ever been less enthusiastic about voting.

UK local elections today, I'll drag myself over to go vote after work but I don't think I've ever been less enthusiastic about voting.

You gotta enjoy the small enjoyments of this. I usually go with mail vote early on, so when the local candidates try to be all buddy buddy fishing for my vote i can tell them "Yeah dude, get lost. I didn't vote for you already."

I love doing this with conservative candidates. :]

Maaaaan, german labor day being in the middle of the week this year sucked. If it's on tuesdays or thurdays you can spend one vacation day for 4 days off. And on mondays and fridays it's a free three day weekend.

But on wednesdays? Feels like you've been robbed of half of the weekend, and the thursday after feels like monday. And i can't take two mondays in a week.
Look, it could be worse, it could have been in the weekend then we get no days off, like many holidays this year (at least in Brazil).

Job interview tomorrow and I'm verrrrry anxious, oh boy. I think I'm so nervous because the job suits me a lot compared to some of the other ones I've been applying for. Here's hoping it goes ok.

Job interview tomorrow and I'm verrrrry anxious, oh boy. I think I'm so nervous because the job suits me a lot compared to some of the other ones I've been applying for. Here's hoping it goes ok.

Giving you my best! You got this!

As my Pawn would say: "The Arisen can't do wrong."

So yeah, you got this.

Definitely understand the pre-interview jitters. Those suck! But you'll pull through!

I'm sitting here with my lunch before me at my work desk, and watch a YT video where japanese people eat german dishes for the first time .... and boy does that make me now crave some Sauerkraut dish or some good Maultaschen.

Also, today i learned that there's a german restaurant called Baden-Baden (like a semi-big city here in the state where i live in) in Tokyo.

If i ever travel there again, i need to keep that in mind.

E: Just arrived at the obligatory "Weißwurst" part, and the restaurant just made a CAPITAL offense. They served the Weißwurst without Brezeln!

Back
Top Bottom