• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
this one too
"but what does that do to the lore," you cry

I simply Do Not Know my guy, the demo is seemingly self-aware and is not necessarily completely canon
A potentially non-canon demo would be hilarious

Especially if you make it part of the lore somehow that there exists a non-canon alternate chunk of the game 😎

As always, the previous report is right here.

We're almost halfway through the year, it's time for my 5th Resolution Report!

1. Get a new job! This past month, I've had 2 job interviews......... and I've heard from neither, since....... The company that I talked about at the start of April hasn't reached out to me, despite saying that I'd hear back from them within 3-5 business days (in other words, a week, at most), but I've heard nothing from them! With the other company, I was supposed to hear back from them within 48 hours! It's honestly disheartening and I should probably cut my losses with those two. On the upside, I'm getting more hours at my current job, so there's that. I'll still be applying to whatever suits me best, back to the drawing board....

2. Get a car! I've only done one driving lesson, so far, as I've had a hard time scheduling another with my teacher; my next lesson will be next Tuesday. For some reason, I thought it was today, I had all my stuff together, waiting for my teacher to show up, so I decided to check my text messages and saw that I had the date wrong ....... My Dad's gonna give me his second car, so I won't have to worry about buying one, for the time being. I was nervous during my first lesson, but I managed well enough.

3. Lose weight! My weight is just about the same as last month, despite skipping a few too many days in a row, so that should be fine. I've been eating less often per day, sticking with a meal every 3-5 hours and avoiding junk food when I can. I've added jogging to my workout routine; at first I tried jogging for 2 blocks..... only to tire out after the 1st block, so I stuck to doing 1 block per session. My goal for this month is to get back to doing daily workouts, including jogging.

4. Get a girlfriend! ........ Same as last month, lol. Slowly getting better at engaging in small talk with her, though, so progress is progress.

5. Beat 5 games in my backlog! 💀💀💀💀 I haven't touched FF7 in a month and I've spent this past month on PS2 and PS3. I unlocked every character in Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3...... does that count as beating it? I have no real interest in unlocking everything else, so eh, I'll count it. I think the reason why I fell off of FF7 a bit is because I saw that there was this Materia called "Enemy Skill" that let's you steal certain moves from certain enemies that hit you with them, basically a "Blue Mage" class that you can equip on anyone. I looked up what kind of skills you can get online and realized that I missed a bunch of enemies and that kinda just scared me off from playing it, since I want to make use of that skill, but I don't want to backtrack just to fill up that list. Then there's the process of unlocking everyone's Limit Breaks; the criteria is a little too demanding for my taste, especially since you have 9 party members and you have to kill hundreds of enemies to get to that point. I'll get back to it, just felt a little intimidated is all.

6. Save enough money to move out! Again, same as last month, but it should be easier, now that I have more work hours.

7. Read more! Uhhhh.... I started reading Kinnikuman a few weeks back, that's a book. I haven't touched "Manga in Theory and Practice" since February, I really should get back to that. Speaking of books that caught my interest, I found about this series called Guin Saga. Yoshitaka Amano of Final Fantasy fame did some art for a few of the novels and the art is as gorgeous as you'd expect from him. The series has over 100 volumes and it's a completed story, but only 5 of them have been translated into English and there doesn't seem to be a fan translation in sight. I'll still pick up the 5 that are available and give em a shot.

8. Cook more! As some of you may know, I had a bit of a SNAFU last week, trying to bake a cake. I've also been making myself breakfast, just pancakes, beef bacon, and eggs. I'm thinking about trying my hand at pepper steak and white rice, it's one of my favorite dishes.

Conclusion: Definitely a bit of an upward trend, compared to last month with some hiccups along the way. Aside from #1 (which feels like a dice roll, at this point) I think I just need to keep applying myself to my goals. What matters most right now is that my progress is palpable and I think April has been my most successful month, yet.
Keep going mate! I have a pretty similar list of goals, so hearing every month about what you've done and what your next steps are is an inspiration to take steps towards my own goals.

Definitely jump on Goal 8. Find a recipe for pepper steak and have a go! Worst that can happen is you eat something else that night and try again another day; best case you have fun learning new skills and get to eat your favourite food. Seems a bit lower steaks than some of your goals which required sustained discipline and incremental progress.

where's my NPDs I was promised juicy controversy
Don't worry all hell breaks loose on May 7 where everyone will be talking about those oh so important numbers whilst lamenting things that have yet to exist

Seems a bit lower steaks
I see what you did there, fellow protein

(Actually are you protein if you are a Vegi Ham? Are you more vegetable than ham? The mind wanders)

this one too
A potentially non-canon demo would be hilarious

Especially if you make it part of the lore somehow that there exists a non-canon alternate chunk of the game 😎
in a way it already is

but yeah the demo is full of characters in weird places where other NPCs would go, and some of them even acknowledge the weirdness

for instance, there are like 20 copies of Horse running around, maybe only five of them in places where he shows up canonically

GnzDo6f.jpeg

they may be reviewing bombing endless ocean because they may want nintendo to may be reveal the switch 2, they may also review bomb TTYD because they may want to pressure nintendo to may be reveal the switch 2 as it may not have even been revealed by then

you may or may not believe me as i may or may not believe myself, but because it is the month of may, anything may happen

Keep going mate! I have a pretty similar list of goals, so hearing every month about what you've done and what your next steps are is an inspiration to take steps towards my own goals.

Definitely jump on Goal 8. Find a recipe for pepper steak and have a go! Worst that can happen is you eat something else that night and try again another day; best case you have fun learning new skills and get to eat your favourite food. Seems a bit lower steaks than some of your goals which required sustained discipline and incremental progress.
That actually means a lot to me, man. Thanks!

Holiday here (not for me since I work with the US calendar) and despite not being a soul at this time in the streets I witnessed 3 car crashes in a 10 min drive.

There's speculation that they're going to announce a remaster/remakes and that's why the original is being pulled.
Starting to think there's some kind of dark magic contract where Sony needs to remake/remaster every other one of their PS4 games before they can do literally anything with Bloodborne

It's a shame that Sony couldn't work out a licensing deal with Sony.

There's speculation that they're going to announce a remaster/remakes and that's why the original is being pulled.
I shall now begin begging for a Switch 2 port.

Starting to think there's some kind of dark magic contract where Sony needs to remake/remaster every other one of their PS4 games before they can do literally anything with Bloodborne
They're just waiting to get Bluepoint on a PS6 remake (of Bloodborne) that completely fucks up the art-style.

Last edited:
Yeah, remember the extra baby pocket that jeans used to have for putting ipods and phones and stuff?

Damn I miss the audio pockets
The Celeste hoodie I have from Fangamer has a pocket on one of the insides for that purpose. I just use it to hold my ID and insurance card these days, since they fit perfectly in that slot.

Yeah, remember the extra baby pocket that jeans used to have for putting ipods and phones and stuff?

Damn I miss the audio pockets
The jeans I have on now still have a little pocket in the pocket. Granted, it ain't gonna fit much with how big tech is nowadays, but it's the thought that counts!
A Hot Pocket with sound!
Hmm. Not sure if I like that one.

Every time you bite into it it gurgles

(I actually don't know how Hot Pockets work, I've never had one)
More like: every time you bite into it you scream because the temperature of the juice is roughly equivalent to that of the sun

Didn't the Horizon Remake leak already? Maybe they'll show it in the summer so they want the OG outta theeeere
Oh, sorry. I was talking about Bloodborne there lol. Basically saying that I think they'll do to BB what they did to Demon's Souls.

oops! I broke one of my personal rules by posting in a review thread. perhaps it’s time to delete my account

You know how from time to time people just like to pitch their dream game? Be it a remake, a sequel or something completely new?
Do you think there's any sense in a Dream Game thread? Anytime a user has another idea for a dream game they could hop in and describe it in great detail or just say the name and dip, whatever they prefer.

Then we'd basically have a list and could rejoice together if anyone's dream game actually gets announced and again when it comes out and the person is happy with it... just an idea

You know how from time to time people just like to pitch their dream game? Be it a remake, a sequel or something completely new?
Do you think there's any sense in a Dream Game thread? Anytime a user has another idea for a dream game they could hop in and describe it in great detail or just say the name and dip, whatever they prefer.

Then we'd basically have a list and could rejoice together if anyone's dream game actually gets announced and again when it comes out and the person is happy with it... just an idea
I like this idea! I woulda been posting in there a bunch when Sonic Frontiers was fresh. I also had a relatively detailed idea for a Chrono Trigger sequel that I went into depth about on reddit years ago that I wish I had parked somewhere other than reddit. 😅

Honestly I think a dream game thread would be fun!

Funny enough I can't say I've had any dream games myself that weren't anything more than an ethereal concept, but one that stuck with me even as a kid was an idea similar to the Jurassic Park: Chaos Island PC game, sort of a top down isometric RTS survival game but given more freedom than the mission structure and having to survive the islands with dinosaurs roaming free (which, honestly if that Annapurna game The Lost Wild isn't vaporware and actually holds up against reviews, might be exactly what I'm looking for, but the added bonus of being first person instead of isometric top down)

Back
Top Bottom