• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Hi, i do a new project with almost everyone who was and is involved with NieR."

"But it might not be NieR!"

Sure, and the animal lying in the sun outside, that looks like a cat, meows like a cat, lazes around in the sun like a cat might not be a cat but a lizard.

Good morning. Does anyone else feel the ever-watching eye peering from Kramer's apartment?

XV6YyMs.jpg

At least Konami acknowledges the series with reissues, Netflix series and crossovers with Dead Cells, V Rising and Dead by Daylight, but a proper new Castlevania game would be more than welcome right now.

At least Konami acknowledges the series with reissues, Netflix series and crossovers with Dead Cells, V Rising and Dead by Daylight, but a proper new Castlevania game would be more than welcome right now.
I might have to jump into Dead Cells because of those fuckers

I fully believe the only way Konami will ever release a new game in any of their franchises is if someone else is paying or developing it.

Claimed:
This post will be updated as we go so that I don't lose track of all this.

Who's Already In?

Stipulations:
  • it can't already be in the name list
  • it can't be the name of a Grögol (you don't have to know this, I'll tell you)
  • it must sound like a name, at least as plausibly as any other in the list
  • i might tweak it to suit the vibe
  • if you're a cis dude, I reserve the right to change your pronouns for balance (unless you ask me not to)
  • you will get a slightly modified NPC design that might reflect your profile picture or personality
  • you will NOT get a detailed unique NPC, boss fight or deep lore like the members of the Suspect Six
  • you probably won't get a fight in the game, but if you do, you'll most likely have a single Grögol that you won't get to choose
  • if you get banned for something shitty, or somehow make me regret it, I reserve the right to remove you from the list and/or game

I think I've gotten anyone who expressed interest so far...

Last edited:
The fact Konami missed the one-two punch of a succesful animated adaptation plus getting two characters in Smash and didn't make/commission a new Castlevania game to coincide with either event will never stop being ridiculous.

Me, a gullible fool: "Nintendo couldn't possibly hate or fear Donkey Kong, I'm sure they love him really!"

Nintendo, wise and fearful: doesn't upload a single Donkey Kong game to NSO for three and a half years and counting

Me, a gullible fool: "Nintendo couldn't possibly hate or fear Donkey Kong, I'm sure they love him really!"

Nintendo, wise and fearful: doesn't upload a single Donkey Kong game to NSO for three and a half years and counting
Nintendo is truly the wise old sage of the mountain.

First event with the girl coder's initiative
Last day at work
New ionnalee single
Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
Nice weather

Bring on tomorrow!

reminded today about Crypt Custodian, which looks like a shoo-in for an all-time Suswave favorite...

So after trying on and off for years, I finally beat Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (the original DS version).

I was much more neutral on it this time compared to before where I just got sick of it. I still think the gameplay can get a bit too monotonous (especially in the longer dungeons) and the limited inventory is painful, but overall it was OK.

After looking up the requirements for most of the postgame stuff, I'm not even going to bother. Moving straight on to Explorers of Sky which is apparently the series' peak. Might try out one of the Shiren games too.

Wait what????

And I was just praising the trailer in the official thread 😔
We don't really know for sure yet but...

Screenshot-2024-05-15-at-20-31-26-Assassin-s-Creed-Shadows.png

Just voted 'Some other season' since the Wizardry remake comes out on consoles this month 😁😁😁

We're already seeing people make burner accounts to whine about Yasuke in AC Shadows.

Black people in Japanese settings are going to unleash secret forms of racism we didn't even know existed.

Is this maybe this AC hub thing Ubi is developing? Either way not good. It locks out people of games this way. Have offline games be offline please.

It's especially dumb right after they proved with The Crew that they literally don't care

We're already seeing people make burner accounts to whine about Yasuke in AC Shadows.

Black people in Japanese settings are going to unleash secret forms of racism we didn't even know existed.
Wtf really? Here on Fami? That is just pathetic (everywhere of course but did not expect this here).

Wait until these racists hear about him being based on a historical figure written about in the Shinchō kōki (if that is the same person, though both are black persons named Yasuke so don't think it's coincidence).

Wtf really? Here on Fami? That is just pathetic (everywhere of course but did not expect this here).

Wait until these racists hear about him being based on a historical figure written about in the Shinchō kōki (if that is the same person, though both are black persons named Yasuke so don't think it's coincidence).
Luckily not on fami, no.

Just wait till Blitz Bazawule’s (director of The Color Purple) Yasuke movie comes out. The internet is gonna explooooooode

I mean people shit on Ubi way to easily I feel. Next to have an amazing history with great games as far back as C64 they did some amazing stuff like publishing SMT3 and kept releasing quality games year after year, like the recent PoP: Lost Crown.

And yes, companies aren't your friends and shitty design and business decisions within Ubi are proof of that, but writing everything Ubi does off as shitty beforehand? Come on, that's not necessary right? At least wait before we actually know what the always online is about in AC: Shadows.

I mean people shit on Ubi way to easily I feel. Next to have an amazing history with great games as far back as C64 they did some amazing stuff like publishing SMT3 and kept releasing quality games year after year, like the recent PoP: Lost Crown.

And yes, companies aren't your friends and shitty design and business decisions within Ubi are proof of that, but writing everything Ubi does off as shitty beforehand? Come on, that's not necessary right? At least wait before we actually know what the always online is about in AC: Shadows.
I feel as long as Yves Guillemot is still in charge, they don't get shat on enough.

Inb4 we get a DK update to go with the DK land opening at universal Japan soon. King of swing, DK64, DK94, and Diddy King racing

I feel as long as Yves Guillemot is still in charge, they don't get shat on enough.
Guillemot is absolute trash yes, but Ubi is more than its shitty CEO I feel. There is people there with great ideas and good intentions.

Finally actually paid for an ad, which is supposed to have a "money back guarantee"...

Hopefully it's all above board!

To think, that in the year of our lord twenty-twenty-four we would actually discuss Xbox going third party before Nintendo and its a very realistic scenario.

200w.gif

To think, that in the year of our lord twenty-twenty-four we would actually discuss Xbox going third party before Nintendo and its a very realistic scenario.

200w.gif
Tbh it's always been the way more likely scenario. Nintendo has never really been in THAT much trouble, while IIRC Xbox has literally never been profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom