• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for cargo pants with a pocket that is about 9 inches deep and 5-6 inches wide, ideally on the side running straight down the thigh

I am a dude

any suggestions?
get a sewing machine

seriously you would not BELIEVE the pants you can make

before anyone asks if my new picture is for pride...

yes... but well, also no... but also yes??

Jh7wdG1.png

'cause it's also Silksong Season

@Raccoon For visual reference here's how my Switch in its case fits in that pocket:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

brother I already put my OLED in my cargo pants with flaps closed

how do I accomplish this? by putting the joy-cons in the other pocket
oh shit so you've got Nintendo strapped to both thighs

like a motherfuckin cowboy

this reminds me of Etika talking about having joycons and switch in his back pockets. He told a story about running after the bus and one of his joycon fell out so he had to run back to get it. Funny man

I see they announced two more Chinese souls-inspired action games at State of Play. Funny how they always have at least one of them in there but none have come out so far I believe. I continue to be optimistic though, perhaps unsurprisingly. Dynasty Warriors looked great too, as long as I can also play the known legends... Finally more Sparking! Zero, with even more to come next week, surely including the date.

For this being a quiet year I'm eating good

Just discovered NintendoLife sells eShop codes (seems kinda sketchy but what do I know) but more interesting is:

They support the Ireland region though their main website (fuck you Nintendo, if Nintendo Life can do you so can you, either finish Nintendo.ie or migrate us to .com/ie you utter pollockmongers) which is rare enough, usually (understandably) it's grouped in with EU as a whole.

They "officially" support the Irish language - my language setting is "Irish" on their website. Then the page redirects to .com/ie (the language code for Irish is GA) and displays in English. Amazing.

The UI is not... Even Hibernian English? In Ireland, prices are displayed as €XX.XX, Nintendo Life uses... €XX,XX

So the Euro sign first... A comma for the decimal place... Isn't that... Fucking German formatting?

The greater point here is that small but significant markets like Ireland constantly have this problem. Nintendo is especially bad for it; the store is at .ie, warranty support is .co.uk and support is .eu or .com. Of course it's not just Nintendo, but it's pretty perturbing.

I think I've pointed it out before: Microsoft is the only big company that's 'figured it out' - probably because they and their localisation teams are based in Ireland and thus have a bit of a bias, but still. Microsoft.com/en-ie/ and /ga-ie/, the English and Irish language Ireland region variants of the Microsoft website. Nearly everything Xbox gets an Irish language version or at least Hibernian English localisation unless it's a AAA game. Of course I think that's great.

What it is also is proof. Proof that other companies aren't bothering. I don't expect, I'd hardly even use, a hypothetical Irish language nintendo.com/ga-ie/ website. But nintendo.com/ie? /en-ie? Is that so hard? We already need to have our own eShop division, we have our own My Nintendo Store, we have My Nintendo Rewards differences, our game region is EUR, not UK anymore. Yeah, sorry, Malta and Ireland might be a pain in the neck being a Type G plug, Euro-using English-speaking set of EU territories, but we bloody well exist!

Honestly Nintendo's (and to a lesser extent, Sony's) regional differences using different websites, or the WRONG website TLD for certain regions, different account regions, it's such nonsense. It's not just technical, of course, it's also organisationally fucked!

The UK isn't in the EU anymore, running a warranty repair program across the EU border helps nobody! It's asinine! It's slow! It's bureaucratic! And I KNOW you have a repair centre in Germany, let me send my shit there!

If they don't want to try they shouldn't bother!

Last edited:
Just discovered NintendoLife sells eShop codes (seems kinda sketchy but what do I know) but more interesting is:

They support the Ireland region though their main website (fuck you Nintendo, if Nintendo Life can do you so can you, either finish Nintendo.ie or migrate us to .com/ie you utter pollockmongers) which is rare enough, usually (understandably) it's grouped in with EU as a whole.

They "officially" support the Irish language - my language setting is "Irish" on their website. Them the page redirects to .com/ie (the language code for Irish is GA) and displays in English. Amazing.

The UI is not... Even Hibernian English? In Ireland, prices are displayed as €XX.XX, Nintendo Life uses... €XX,XX

So the Euro sign first... A comma for the decimal place... Isn't that... Fucking German formatting?

The greater point here is that small but significant markets like Ireland constantly have this problem. Nintendo is especially bad for it; the store is at .ie, warranty support is .co.uk and support is .eu or .com. Of course it's not just Nintendo, but it's pretty perturbing.

I think I've pointed it out before: Microsoft is the only big company that's 'figured it out' - probably because they and their localisation teams are based in Ireland and thus have a bit of a bias, but still. Microsoft.com/en-ie/ and /ga-ie/, the English and Irish language Ireland region variants of the Microsoft website. Nearly everything Xbox gets an Irish language version or at least Hibernian English localisation unless it's a AAA game. Of course I think that's great.

What it is also is proof. Proof that other companies aren't bothering. I don't expect, I'd hardly even use, a hypothetical Irish language nintendo.com/ga-ie/ website. But nintendo.com/ie? /en-ie? Is that so hard? We already need to have our own eShop division, we have our own My Nintendo Store, we have My Nintendo Rewards differences, our game region is EUR, not UK anymore. Yeah, sorry, Malta and Ireland might be a pain in the neck being a Type G plug, Euro-using English-speaking set of EU territories, but we bloody well exist!

Honestly Nintendo's (and to a lesser extent, Sony's) regional differences using different websites, or the WRONG website TLD for certain regions, different account regions, it's such nonsense. It's not just technical, of course, it's also organisationally fucked!

The UK isn't in the EU anymore, running a warranty repair program across the EU border helps nobody! It's asinine! It's slow! It's bureaucratic! And I KNOW you have a repair centre in Germany, let me send my shit there!

If they don't want to try they shouldn't bother!
Germany does € behind the number, but that's all I know, sorry 🫡

Just beaten dragon's dogma 2 after getting over a horrid migraine. Game was fantastic. Second favorite game of the year, easily.

The horse avatar is coming back for June direct hype

Germany does € behind the number, but that's all I know, sorry 🫡
Huh, I saw both when I was there.

Edit:

Wait, does that mean the format €XX,XX ISN'T THE STANDARD ANYWHERE?! When Germany is XX,XX€, I can't recall ANY country or region I've been to (or browsed online) using €XX,XX except for some shops in Berlin and bad Ireland localisation.

Last edited:
I see they announced two more Chinese souls-inspired action games at State of Play. Funny how they always have at least one of them in there but none have come out so far I believe. I continue to be optimistic though, perhaps unsurprisingly
Black Myth: Wukong now has a precise release date (August 20) so if everything goes we'll finally be able to play the OG Chinese Souls-like this year!

So, comma instead of dot for decimals is correct in German (10,95 instead of 10.95) and we do denote the currency after the number (so 10,95€ instead of €10.95), probably as a holdover from the days of Deutsche Mark. I stand corrected on that latter part.

As for why they want you to send your stuff to the UK to get it fixed... I have no idea, @Concernt , my guess is that Brexit hasn't reached the decision makers yet. Or some holdover to do with shipping fees.

whos' bob and why do they get all the toys
He's my uncle and he works at Nintendo.

Tech companies, stop putting in sad faces when your program, software, or web page doesn't work or crashes. Seeing it next to your "We are sorry this isnt working" message just makes me angrier.

Black Myth: Wukong now has a precise release date (August 20) so if everything goes we'll finally be able to play the OG Chinese Souls-like this year!
Yup and thats the most relevant one for me! I was never on the "it will never release" train, just a fun observation about these Playstation showcases. Wukong will be an interesting release in any case!

Re € talk: I've never seen € before the number lol

My productivity has been destroyed by a two hour video discussing which Super Mario games count and why people come to these conclusions from both a mathematical and linguistic perspective. Thanks, jan Misali.

as much as i like watching pokemon cards being opened, i have not watched this video but 9.6m people have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom