• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly I never hear pizza called β€œpie” around here - even if it is super deep dish. Sometimes deep dish or square pizza is called β€œpan” pizza, but never β€œpie”. Wonder if that’s a regional thing
I've kinda always assumed it's a New York (or general northeast) thing tbh

At home, you call up and order "a large pie", they just ask what you want on it; on a roadtrip, you call up and order "a large pie", more often than not the response is "you know we're a pizza place, right?"
New Yorker: can confirm we call them pies.

Dang it, now I want pizza. But I have food at home. It's the hunger talking. Maybe I should stop putting off lunch...

Sorry to interrupt all the food talk. But Metroid Fusion done! Now I'm going to replay Dread.
Metroid Fusion is food talk

E-AaXJYVcAAEGSa.jpg

Interestingly I never hear pizza called β€œpie” around here - even if it is super deep dish. Sometimes deep dish or square pizza is called β€œpan” pizza, but never β€œpie”. Wonder if that’s a regional thing
It's because Coloradans don't know good food.

Midwesterner here. I don't do this! I just panic when I need a napkin and get sad I don't do this.

Lotsa Baby Wipes in my car, though.
gotta wipe up all those babies

Yes, I check my spam folders always and if it is literally spam I empty it.
y'all still have the capacity to read email?

Once my spam folder hits 50 or more, I just wipe the whole thing. The most full my regular inbox becomes is overnight, and then I check it in the morning and right now I only have 3 emails in there, one reminding me to cancel an AppleTV+ sub in June, one from Orbit books confirming my entry in their sweepstakes, and the last is a code for 10% off my next purchase at Symbiote Studios. Which might have expired, as I've had it since April, but I'm not gonna know until I try!

It's because Coloradans don't know good food.
Colorado doesn’t really have any local food to call its own - we have a lot of green chile but that’s borrowed from Hatch/NM. Pizza is all over the place since we’re in between California and Chicago and East coast (I know some people call BeauJo’s pizza Colorado-style but I think that’s just their marketing). I guess we have a lot of craft beer and burgers are big here?

Unless you count Rocky Mountain Oysters as local cuisine, but uhh… the less said about that the better

Take out those pineapples and I'll agree!
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
I generally don't like pineapple on pizza, but it's entirely possible that's because I don't like pineapple in general. πŸ˜…

But

There's a California pizza chain called Me N Eds that does what they call a hot hawaiian pizza. It's got a base of garlic alfredo, then ham and pineapple (as is proper) but then bacon, chicken, and finished with jalapenos and a drizzle of bbq sauce.

It's so fuckin good. Possibly their best combo. And coming from me and my pineappinions that's saying a lot.

Pineapple on pizza is not black-and-white.

Colorado doesn’t really have any local food to call its own - we have a lot of green chile but that’s borrowed from Hatch/NM. Pizza is all over the place since we’re in between California and Chicago and East coast (I know some people call BeauJo’s pizza Colorado-style but I think that’s just their marketing). I guess we have a lot of craft beer and burgers are big here?

Unless you count Rocky Mountain Oysters as local cuisine, but uhh… the less said about that the better
I don't even have a BeauJo's near me! Just Blackjacks as far as the eye can see (which is good! I'll take what I can get.).

I've been watching Top Chef a lot lately and the season I'm on (season 15) is actually Top Chef: Colorado. And sure enough, it definitely hasn't been emphasizing local cuisine like past seasons have.

It's so nice to hear japanese people talk japanese in a game presentation and not get dubbed over :LOL:

Also, never played Story of Seasons but the new one is looking mighty fine.

had a problem to solve so I decided to break the entire game to test it

trust me that this is more cohesive than the prior version, in which you kind of shat the bullets out like eggs and they just fell and broke the walls

which I totally put balloon sound effects to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom