• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
La8OOuw.jpeg

me leaving the gym mere seconds before they hand out the free secret muscle juice that makes you strong without having to work out

if i was paid three hundred and fifty thousand great british pounds a week to kick a ball on the field with 21 other people i’d make sure i’d buy you all a lego deku tree set but as of this moment i can’t

if i was paid three hundred and fifty thousand great british pounds a week to kick a ball on the field with 21 other people i’d make sure i’d buy you all a lego deku tree set but as of this moment i can’t
Can you buy me the Titanic set instead?

I had this strange feeling the other day: For the first time in years and years, I had a brief moment where I felt completely detached from the gaming community.

Thing is, I've been involved in a massive music project recently, so my head has been full of music, not games. And it sort of opened my eyes on how the two art forms and communities differ from each other. I caught myself almost longing back to the metal band days, thinking about how - even though metal music is very male-dominated and sort of dudebro in a similar fashion to how game spaces can be -there was just this whole different vibe. No angry snipes on social media or toxic climate at tournaments, just people going to gigs and parties to perform and have fun. And how music is so much more immediate and accessible to be emotionally moved by, as opposed to a game.

I think the viral Valorant tweet is what broke me (If you didn't see, it's an instance of a player saying the most vile and disgusting shit ever to a girl who was playing alongside him, and the replies were full of equally awful behaviour) and made me feel like, "what on earth am I doing in this subculture?" even though I know there are friendly spaces in games, like here. I have another meeting with the girl coder group on the 4th, but I honestly don't feel much up to it. I'd rather make more music.

Anyone else getting random feelings like that?
I kinda feel this way with the anime community. I usually stick to more niche communities, like with One Piece, but even that comes with its own problems. I usually don't interact with larger communities, but when I do, it's not long until I come across some bullshit. I think the problem may lie not only with social media, but the general sense of anonymity while being online; people get wayyy too comfortable saying shit online that would probably get their ass beat irl. It's been unmanageable for years and its toxicity has been poignant; it's all so exhausting.

Personally, I'd say stick to what makes you feel safe for the time being.

Speaking of making music, months ago, I picked up my guitar for the first time in 10 years. I played it a little, then I realized it wasted tuned like how I remember it, so I tried tuning it and one of the strings snapped.......... I might have stressed the string too far and I've had it for over 18 years. There doesn't seem to be any guitar shops in my town and fixing it isn't cheap, so it's been on my to-do list for longer than I'd like.

And speaking of anime, I've been watching Kinnikuman and I started watching the Pokemon anime subbed. My anime backlog probably trumps my 200+ game backlog, but I did continue watching an anime that I've had on hold for a while; Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai. The story is about as vanilla as it gets, nothing you've probably haven't seen before, but I think it's all well executed, most of the cast is likable and the story's been enjoyable, so far; I'm 45 episodes in. I also wanna get back into Frieren, I only watched 10 episodes.

Speaking of making music, months ago, I picked up my guitar for the first time in 10 years. I played it a little, then I realized it wasted tuned like how I remember it, so I tried tuning it and one of the strings snapped.......... I might have stressed the string too far and I've had it for over 18 years. There doesn't seem to be any guitar shops in my town and fixing it isn't cheap, so it's been on my to-do list for longer than I'd like.

And speaking of anime, I've been watching Kinnikuman and I started watching the Pokemon anime subbed. My anime backlog probably trumps my 200+ game backlog, but I did continue watching an anime that I've had on hold for a while; Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai. The story is about as vanilla as it gets, nothing you've probably haven't seen before, but I think it's all well executed, most of the cast is likable and the story's been enjoyable, so far; I'm 45 episodes in. I also wanna get back into Frieren, I only watched 10 episodes.
Just know, Dai created that vanilla and standardized a ton of those tropes XD. It’s from the late 80’s early 90’s and started around the same time as DQ3 came out.

Also if you do finish Kinnikuman before Perfect origin comes out expect to be very confused on certain things. A ton of side characters that disappeared like a fourth into the original manga stick around in the anime, and a ton of arcs and side stuff was cut… including Suguru’s actual love interest! (She was turned into basically a background character) tho the staff fanshippers did lose
the manga actually ended with him marrying her hopefully episode 0 covers enough to clear things up tho XD

I suspect the Vivian icon is going to be very popular
This makes me wonder, as we approach Pride Month in many places...how many NSO icons exist that someone could use to communicate their LGBT+ identity? I know many people use flags in their GAAS multiplayer cosmetics or Discord reactions to signal that. I'm not thinking of characters loved by the queer community or head canon queer icons. I mean, "If you have this character, you might be communicating you're gay/trans/etc. because the character is." Vivian stands out to me as maybe one of the first, but I don't follow NSO icons closely and wonder if there are Fire Emblem or Xenoblade icons for queer characters from those franchises. Perhaps Birdo is available and something of an option. And of course, people can have Vivian as their icon and not be queer/trans, too.

(This post is maybe too serious in tone for this thread...)

This makes me wonder, as we approach Pride Month in many places...how many NSO icons exist that someone could use to communicate their LGBT+ identity? I know many people use flags in their GAAS multiplayer cosmetics or Discord reactions to signal that. I'm not thinking of characters loved by the queer community or head canon queer icons. I mean, "If you have this character, you might be communicating you're gay/trans/etc. because the character is." Vivian stands out to me as maybe one of the first, but I don't follow NSO icons closely and wonder if there are Fire Emblem or Xenoblade icons for queer characters from those franchises. Perhaps Birdo is available and something of an option. And of course, people can have Vivian as their icon and not be queer/trans, too.

(This post is maybe too serious in tone for this thread...)
Juniper from Xenoblade 3 is non binary. I was using them for awhile.

Stay tuned for the Direct Direct, where we will be showing all the Directs that will be airing for the foreseeable future, directly to your screens of choice.

Is this some new slang for edibles that I'm not aware of
I just googled it and I am deeply disturbed.

Stay tuned for the Direct Direct, where we will be showing all the Directs that will be airing for the foreseeable future, directly to your screens of choice.
Commercials for commercials, finally Nintendo is catching up to Hollywood
Is this some new slang for edibles that I'm not aware of
Before yesterday I woulda said no but it made me so damn woozy and weird-headed that now I dunno, maybe

Unpopular Opinion(?), I‘m fine with people liking games based only Graphic Features.
Me too! The leaps in realtime rendering tech are so dang fascinating that I can't even believe we're here. Where I become un-fine though is when people tell the rest of us that the games we like are objectively bad because they don't reach that level of graphics features, and push for the industry to be more about realistic graphics at the expense of everything else.

With a thick, chewy crust :LOL:

I just don't get the US' obsession with making pizza like a pie
I wish the US were obsessed with that. Seems to just be Detroit and Chicago from what I've seen. New York has the iconic thin crust, and here in California it seems to mostly be thin, almost crackery crusts and the texture of that gives me the ick.

All I saw was rectanguler pepperoni pizza? Should I be using Bing to search?
It's a deep pan pizza with a thick crust, made in a rectangular pan, and the noticable difference is the cheese goes on before the sauce and goes all the way to the edge (no crust) so that the cheese gets all baked and crispy along the edges. Then the sauce goes on in wide stripes (rather than being spread across the whole thing) and if you add any toppings (mine had pepperoni, basil, and ricotta) they go on top of the sauce.
detroit-style-pizza.jpg

It's either edibles or it was stuffed with enough cholesterol to upset your stomach
My stomach was fine, this effected my brain

Of course, the fact that I had spent most of the day either on the road or in a hospital waiting room (that we eventually walked out on because we were sitting there for hours past our appointment, literally got shifted into a whole different waiting room at one point, and nobody could tell us what was going on) and then still had more driving to do after dinner might have contributed to my brain wonkiness.

Maybe I was just exhausted, actually 😅

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom