• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the US were obsessed with that. Seems to just be Detroit and Chicago from what I've seen.
detroit style is a fucking lie

I mean it's not but it is

it was just square pizza because it was easier to get square baking pans from automotive manufacturing, cooked at a focaccia-like depth because someone's dad was sicilian or some shit

all these weirdos who ping-ponged it into something else β€” shout out to whatever the fuck that New York restaurant nerd who made y'all know about it in like 2012 for making it fucking weird!! β€” are just uh. doing things. to it. for whatever reason.

like the basic version is pretty decent, you can get a normal fuckin' widespread chill kind at fuckin' Jets... but the things I've had described to me in the ensuing years are: "what. what the fuck. why did you do that."

I will also die on the hill that Windsor, Ontario β€” the underside of the Detroit River (yes, Canada is beneath you) β€” is a miserable fucking place with the best pizza in the world due to a confluence of coincidences

bonus points if you imagine that I shouted that into a mic like bad proto-punk lyrics while making the worst guitar noise you've ever heard

I will also die on the hill that Windsor, Ontario β€” the underside of the Detroit River (yes, Canada is beneath you) β€” is a miserable fucking place with the best pizza in the world due to a confluence of coincidences
I've never had pizza in Windsor but can definitely get behind the designated shithole status

Can you believe it? May's almost over, and Not!E3 month is upon us.
More importantly than Not!E3 is DiversΓ£o Offline which is this weekend, and I'm going to it!!!
I'm picking up so many small boxed trick taking card games at that. I hope I can get some big boxed games as well, but I'm less sure.

the cheese goes on before the sauce and goes all the way to the edge (no crust) so that the cheese gets all baked and crispy along the edges
Ohh okay honestly, I want to try a bite. That looks delish.

in a hospital waiting room (that we eventually walked out on because we were sitting there for hours past our appointment, literally got shifted into a whole different waiting room at one point
Wtf, that should never happen

Anything is Jazz if you believe
Super jazzed to hear this

Welp, it seems like people got access to Destiny 2: The Final Shape and the Elden Ring DLC through the PS Cloud and are now leaking stuff online.

I was already deeply sold on Another Crab's Treasure, which is great, but I think it might be an all-timer

(a boss just killed me with a hitachi)

Had a dream where Mario became a politician but got canceled after he answered a question about war crimes with β€œWAHOO!”

The month is almost over and I barely posted in here yet again. Quick, say something interesting!

Uhm... So I started Crisis Core on Switch recently, and it's a lot of fun.

With a thick, chewy crust :LOL:

I just don't get the US' obsession with making pizza like a pie
Because thick crust is the way to go! More bread, more better. Chicago or Detroit style are both great, or just really deep dish in general. Nothing annoys me more than pizza that has crust so thin it might as well not even be there (California style is the worst for this)

Because thick crust is the way to go! More bread, more better. Chicago or Detroit style are both great, or just really deep dish in general. Nothing annoys me more than pizza that has crust so thin it might as well not even be there (California style is the worst for this)
No, Pizza is supposed to be a perfectly balanced dish between thin, crispy crust, cheese and tomato sauce. Anything that upsets this balance is upsetting me greatly

I used to think pizza pies was one of those weird ingredient pies Americans like to make. Like pecan pie or pumpkin pie or something. An actual pie but with pizza in.

Quick, say something interesting!
Um OKAY uhhhh the CIA has its own Starbucks, where the workers aren't allowed to put the customers' names on the cups.

Bananas are berries, but strawberries are not.

We humans can smell petrichor better than sharks can smell blood in the water.

In every passing moment, we are moving to a new point in space that in the next moment, we will leave and never occupy again.

(Also Dominoes and their shitty delivery pizza)
You just un-offended large portions of the US

Fuuuuck, when this account hits, it hits like a sniper.

Apparently also a Texan thing because my dad does this to a large degree

Nothing annoys me more than pizza that has crust so thin it might as well not even be there (California style is the worst for this)
Am Californian, do agree

No, Pizza is supposed to be a perfectly balanced dish between thin, crispy crust, cheese and tomato sauce. Anything that upsets this balance is upsetting me greatly
There is no "supposed to." Pizza should not be gatekept.

I used to think pizza pies was one of those weird ingredient pies Americans like to make. Like pecan pie or pumpkin pie or something. An actual pie but with pizza in.
Interestingly I never hear pizza called β€œpie” around here - even if it is super deep dish. Sometimes deep dish or square pizza is called β€œpan” pizza, but never β€œpie”. Wonder if that’s a regional thing

Interestingly I never hear pizza called β€œpie” around here - even if it is super deep dish. Sometimes deep dish or square pizza is called β€œpan” pizza, but never β€œpie”. Wonder if that’s a regional thing
I've only ever heard "pizza pie" in old cartoons from characters imitating Italian stereotypes. Even with Chicago deep dish, arguably the most extreme of the regional deep pizzas, I've heard people refer to it as a casserole but never pie.

I've kinda always assumed it's a New York (or general northeast) thing tbh

At home, you call up and order "a large pie", they just ask what you want on it; on a roadtrip, you call up and order "a large pie", more often than not the response is "you know we're a pizza place, right?"

Anybody else have this kind of fear? Because it terrifies me with all the spam I'll get within a week and I'm worried that the place I applied for might have reciprocated and I wouldn't have known.

You are tempting me to post magherita(no sauce, oil and diced tomato), and Alfredo pizzas right now

the whole channel is gold
5a8f355c91e16.image.jpg

Anybody else have this kind of fear? Because it terrifies me with all the spam I'll get within a week and I'm worried that the place I applied for might have reciprocated and I wouldn't have known.

Yes, I check my spam folders always and if it is literally spam I empty it.

I just ordered copies of:
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Ender Lillies
  • Bayonetta Origins

My brain when ordering:

backlog-what-backlog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom