• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this is my first game ST here on famiboards

I mean people shit on Ubi way to easily I feel. Next to have an amazing history with great games as far back as C64 they did some amazing stuff like publishing SMT3 and kept releasing quality games year after year, like the recent PoP: Lost Crown.

And yes, companies aren't your friends and shitty design and business decisions within Ubi are proof of that, but writing everything Ubi does off as shitty beforehand? Come on, that's not necessary right? At least wait before we actually know what the always online is about in AC: Shadows.
There was a time in my life where Ubisoft really was an excellent publisher. I saw that logo as an almost certain mark of quality during the PS2 generation thanks to PoP, Splinter Cell, Rayman, etc.

They've certainly lost BOTD with me. I won't just discard them out of hand but I will be skeptical of anything that comes from them for the foreseeable future. And that skepticism doesn't even have anything to do with the numerous behind-the-scenes issues, which are a whole other reason I don't hold them in high regard anymore.

A black samurai is completely unrealistic. Assassin's Creed had always been known for its historical accuracy while when an italian fuckboy got into a fist fight with the pope. I prefer my samurai to be authentic and true like how they are portrayed in cinema

j06hg51mre4c1.jpg

A black samurai is completely unrealistic. Assassin's Creed had always been known for its historical accuracy while when an italian fuckboy got into a fist fight with the pope. I prefer my samurai to be authentic and true like how they are portrayed in cinema

j06hg51mre4c1.jpg
Lol.

Reminds me of my visit to the samurai and ninja museum in Kyoto. There was a cool tour guide and when the subject about the Last Samurai came up he had a dvd cover of this movie and said; you might know this. Forget everything about it.

This is the real last samurai;

On the subject of Braid, since the anniversary edition was free with Netflix, I downloaded it on my phone (god I hate touch controls) because it's been years since I played it.

The opening bit of story about Tim and the Princess is so unbelievably cringe holy shit.

On the subject of Braid, since the anniversary edition was free with Netflix, I downloaded it on my phone (god I hate touch controls) because it's been years since I played it.

The opening bit of story about Tim and the Princess is so unbelievably cringe holy shit.
"ah, yes, prime form to ridicule the base causality of popular video games, hoo hoo hoo, and I will do so by doing the exact same thing but way more cringe and gesture loosely at the notion of depth and maturity while in fact just being worse"

love it gang, it's a good look for a serious little man hellbent on not being viewed as a toddler

"ah, yes, prime form to ridicule the base causality of popular video games, hoo hoo hoo, and I will do so by doing the exact same thing but way more cringe and gesture loosely at the notion of depth and maturity while in fact just being worse"

love it gang, it's a good look for a serious little man hellbent on not being viewed as a toddler
The wild thing is, I probably thought it was actually interesting when I first played it. Now all I can think is "this guy absolutely was extremely shitty to his ex, and then got really mad when his apology wasn't accepted".

look I'm sure some people will arbitrarily hate me when my game comes out

but I can promise that I won't be stomping around arguing that what I've created is high level art gliding above the savage medium

I can assure you the Grögol Bonanza is bullshit

I just like it

and you might too

The wild thing is, I probably thought it was actually interesting when I first played it. Now all I can think is "this guy absolutely was extremely shitty to his ex, and then got really mad when his apology wasn't accepted".
that's how the fake deep get ya

I had a friend who was adamant I play it. he was determined.

so I did.

and since I've always fucking been this way, even at my worst, the first thing I said about it was "what the fuck. really?"

a cringe as fuck story does not become uncringe if there's a late late late game twist about— shit wait I guess maybe if some people are playing for the first time I should use spoilers

suffice to say, whatever light you cast characters in sticks, and gotchas are not an undo

I'm not gonna act like Braid was completely unredeemable trash. But someone will have to answer for gassing Blow up and making him think that his opinion on anything is relevant or even valued.

I can also assure you that characters in Grögol Bonanza aren't uh. like that.

they all have different motivations, and some of them are awful, but there's absolutely no "don't you see they were just being awful to protect you!!!!" bullshit

not that that's the plot of Braid but the whole "omg princess" shit is uh. not better because it's (sort of) about something else.

I hate that kind of turnaround excuse shit so much.

I hate it so much that there may or may not be a plot point in... mm... well... maybe I'll save that one for later.

I'm not gonna act like Braid was completely unredeemable trash. But someone will have to answer for gassing Blow up and making him think that his opinion on anything is relevant or even valued.
the thing about it is there's some weird-ass art and the gameplay was interesting for the time.

it certainly was part of the shift in indie games getting attention.

but I think it's fine to know that, keep saying that the plot and dialogue is mid creep bullshit, and peel Blow's kneecaps off with a thousand tiny crowbars

If anyone here hasn't played Pokérouge, yet, I recommend doing so. It's basically rouge like Pokemon and the gameplay loop is pretty fun. It's not finished, but I still recommend checking it out!

the thing about it is there's some weird-ass art and the gameplay was interesting for the time.

it certainly was part of the shift in indie games getting attention.

but I think it's fine to know that, keep saying that the plot and dialogue is mid creep bullshit, and peel Blow's kneecaps off with a thousand tiny crowbars
the little goomba-like freaks are legitimately great!

Monster1.png

i hate them

every time someone designs a little freak, an angel gets its wings

have fun fighting off roughly 1300 angels, suswave!

If anyone here hasn't played Pokérouge, yet, I recommend doing so. It's basically rouge like Pokemon and the gameplay loop is pretty fun. It's not finished, but I still recommend checking it out!
Is it supposed to load like you're on a DSL connection?

I can also assure you that characters in Grögol Bonanza aren't uh. like that.

they all have different motivations, and some of them are awful, but there's absolutely no "don't you see they were just being awful to protect you!!!!" bullshit

not that that's the plot of Braid but the whole "omg princess" shit is uh. not better because it's (sort of) about something else.

I hate that kind of turnaround excuse shit so much.

I hate it so much that there may or may not be a plot point in... mm... well... maybe I'll save that one for later.
I feel this. And to prove it:

GNoEg3MXIAAiwTg

Grögol Bonanza demo progress is still chugging along. we've got ten more rooms in the Sonic Atheneum, plus some slightly reworked systems...

but most importantly, some silly-ass dialogue and a fridge-related side quest

PLwNLq7.png

6fuMvbN.png

fbbhlRl.png

really happy with how a lot of these tiny rooms shaped up!

0wONnVH.png

K5WuHmw.png

RrsZhgU.png

UNifEqb.png

don’t you know nintendo is always destined to fail because if you add two more letters and an apostrophe you get nintendon’z

also, why does every single assassins creed cinematic trailer look and sound phenomenal but the games are mainly solid 6-7/10, barring like 4 of them

I think Minecraft is celebrating it's 15th anniversary. They have some sales going on. It's funny though. I feel like Nintendo is marketing this more than Microsoft is. I don't see any recent Minecraft videos on their Youtube channel.
Last video was 3 months I think they did layoff their advertising team

i love how twitter is so broken that I'm seeing tweets for over 5 years ago
Since Musk took over they randomized tweets sorting on someones profile. Not sure if that only applies if you are not logged in or if it is sorted by some other parameter than date

Just been knocking out a mission or two of warriors Orochi 4 ultimate a day as a pace breaker. Tho leveling up characters and getting higher level weapons for the ones you like is a pain

j06hg51mre4c1.jpg
B7hMSsgIYAAwWYB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom