• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
I'm sitting here with my lunch before me at my work desk, and watch a YT video where japanese people eat german dishes for the first time .... and boy does that make me now crave some Sauerkraut dish or some good Maultaschen.

Also, today i learned that there's a german restaurant called Baden-Baden (like a semi-big city here in the state where i live in) in Tokyo.

If i ever travel there again, i need to keep that in mind.

E: Just arrived at the obligatory "Weißwurst" part, and the restaurant just made a CAPITAL offense. They served the Weißwurst without Brezeln!
Imagine my surprise when I found out there is a amusement park in Japan called Huis ten Bosch where they built Dutch landmarks on scale πŸ˜„

Also, craving some sauerkraut too now πŸ˜‚

Me: "I really need to stop making stupid financial decisions."

Also me: "You should buy a New 3DS XL. Your New 3DS's screens are too small and it has too much 3D ghosting."

Imagine my surprise when I found out there is a amusement park in Japan called Huis ten Bosch where they built Dutch landmarks on scale πŸ˜„

Also, craving some sauerkraut too now πŸ˜‚

No offense, but i fail to see how there's much amusement in that (just as there wouldn't be much in a similar park that's Germany-themed). ;D

Pray tell me some nice Dutch Sauerkraut dishes, i'm interested.

E: Just arrived at the obligatory "Weißwurst" part, and the restaurant just made a CAPITAL offense. They served the Weißwurst without Brezeln!
The other capital offense would be serving it past noon.

I know this is the internet, and we're all supposed to hate the sun, but I'd happily take this after an entire year of the sky here being grey non stop. Desperate for Spring to actually start at this point.
See, I feel like, at least here, Spring has kind of been eliminated. There's Winter, then there's a few days where it's nice, then the heat kicks in for five months and then we get Fall.

The one year anniversary of Tears of the Kingdom is coming up. I was thinking about how I was trying to get to the Light Dragon. I launched myself up to the sky at one of the towers and landed on one of the sky islands. I was way high up and I could see all of Hyrule from my viewpoint. But then I looked up saw the Light Dragon was at an even higher elevations. Way higher up. And beyond the Light Dragon, I could see the outline of another sky island even higher up.

Lots of games let you travel to the sky but I think TOTK is the first one where I felt like I was really high up and got a sense for the scale of everything. Even in other open world games, getting to the sky is usually pretty easy for the player. You're given vehicles or have some flying superpowers. But in TOTK, to get really high up, it's a puzzle you have to figure out. Do you try to island hop to get to higher and higher islands or do you trust that your created vehicle has enough energy to get you there? Movement upwards can feel slow which adds more to the scale. Slowly ascending in your homemade air balloon gives you time to get a sense of vertigo as you watch notable Hyrule landmarks get progressively smaller.

When I finally got up to the Light Dragon to farm materials, it felt like an accomplishment and I spent like an hour just riding on it as it toured the skies (and also because there are timers for when you can farm materials again).

No offense, but i fail to see how there's much amusement in that (just as there wouldn't be much in a similar park that's Germany-themed). ;D

Pray tell me some nice Dutch Sauerkraut dishes, i'm interested.
It does look quite fun in a strange way since I'm Dutch and know all these places:

And about Dutch Sauerkraut : it's what we call Zuurkool stampot, which is sauetkraut mixed with mashed potatoes and a big sausage πŸ˜„

zuurkool.jpg

It does look quite fun in a strange way since I'm Dutch and know all these places:

And about Dutch Sauerkraut : it's what we call Zuurkool stampot, which is sauetkraut mixed with mashed potatoes and a big sausage πŸ˜„

zuurkool.jpg

Awww, that's pretty much the same as ours here.

The triple-punch of runtime fees, layoffs and now a Zynga exec.

Sigh.
Hello Zynga exec, welcome to the sinking ship

When I finally got up to the Light Dragon to farm materials, it felt like an accomplishment and I spent like an hour just riding on it as it toured the skies
Lol I also toured Hyrule via Light Dragon for an hour, I was cooking a meal so I just left Link there, chillin'

In keeping with the Looney Tunes theme of the thread, here's a thing I made last night for someone's Fami avatar:

2ZLNmH0.jpeg

I didn't expect it to go this hard
This is brilliant

Thank you for the new avatar, perfect as I shiny hunt.

I caught three more shinies last night
How did I know who the recipient was going to be πŸ˜‚ Immaculate design! These are the kind of results you can only get from real human artists that actually look good after submitting a prompt! AI could never

Oh damn, complaining on famiboards worked, it's hot and sunny here now.

Hopefully that coaxes people to go out (taking their ID with them) and vote out the Tories.

This is brilliant

How did I know who the recipient was going to be πŸ˜‚ Immaculate design! These are the kind of results you can only get from real human artists that actually look good after submitting a prompt! AI could never
I’m gonna hunt shinx today, wish me luck,

I will catch that silly wabbit scorbunny one day though.

See, I feel like, at least here, Spring has kind of been eliminated. There's Winter, then there's a few days where it's nice, then the heat kicks in for five months and then we get Fall.
This is how Arizona has been since I've lived here, but weirdly enough, this year we actually had like, a month of spring, as opposed to a week.

You gotta enjoy the small enjoyments of this. I usually go with mail vote early on, so when the local candidates try to be all buddy buddy fishing for my vote i can tell them "Yeah dude, get lost. I didn't vote for you already."

I love doing this for with conservative candidates. :]
I live in an apartment building, I never get door knockers or really even see people canvassing. Tories wouldn't bother in my area anyway, they have no shot here.

Job interview tomorrow and I'm verrrrry anxious, oh boy. I think I'm so nervous because the job suits me a lot compared to some of the other ones I've been applying for. Here's hoping it goes ok.
Best of luck!

In keeping with the Looney Tunes theme of the thread, here's a thing I made last night for someone's Fami avatar:

2ZLNmH0.jpeg

I didn't expect it to go this hard
horrorshow

(compliment)

I dressed up nicer for work today for no particular reason and nearly everyone has asked why I look so nice today. Do I look that much like a garbage person every other day?!

Anyways, dress shoes suck. I regret my decision!

I dressed up nicer for work today for no particular reason and nearly everyone has asked why I look so nice today. Do I look that much like a garbage person every other day?!

The answer is yes (from someone that gets the same response when he wears nicer clothes to work).

Did Unity tackled that install stuff they wanted to charge for? Or do they still have this awful system in place?
I'm not super up to date but they've since revised their charges. Like I think they only charge on the first download instead of all downloads, and I think you need to reach a million downloads before they charge.

Thank you for the new avatar, perfect as I shiny hunt.

I caught three more shinies last night
Wow Elmer Fudd is a surprisingly formidable trainer.

Do I look that much like a garbage person every other day?!
They probably mean you look nice usually and you looked nicer then

A little under 70% completion in PoP: Lost Crown after what I think was the penultimate boss fight. I'll probably poke around for a few more pick ups but more likely to aim to finish this sooner rather than later.

I think if I ever wore dress shoes to work people would instantly suspect I'm going to an interview somewhere else lol

New BlackMilk Zelda line just dropped and one of the photos goes hard as fuck

Lookbook-PNG-0002-1024x764.png

Last edited:

Modern dress standards suck. It's better for us girls than dudes, but there's no formality to anything anymore.

If I had a nickel for everytime a Japanese video game studio wanted to make a "violent and erotic" game, I'd have 10 cents. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. (The first nickel is Monolith Soft, btw).

Did Unity tackled that install stuff they wanted to charge for? Or do they still have this awful system in place?

They walked back a little bit. Unity personal will have no runtime fee and the ceiling for runtime fees will rise from $100k to $200k.

Just want to inform everyone that my second voucher that was about to expire in less than a weak was used today

I picked up Advance Wars remakes.
You are very welcome

Between the last third Theatrhythm Final Bar Line and Advance Wars 1, I think I'm set until Paper Mario arrives

If I had a nickel for everytime a Japanese video game studio wanted to make a "violent and erotic" game, I'd have 10 cents. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. (The first nickel is Monolith Soft, btw).

"This reminds me of a puzzle," muses Layton, naked and strapped into a device that looks to have been created by Jigsaw.

Hideo Kojima intensifies

Level-5 is so family friendly lmao wtf

But also hell yeah. And also Castlevania did it first with the pachinko machine!

if anyone wants to hear what happens when you fuck up an export really bad...

honestly might still fit somewhere if I introduce some sort of horrifying kirby invincibility candy chase sequence

I think this regular export might actually go hard in a "why would you make these sounds for a video game" kind of way

there's a legitimate chance this game is gonna make people so mad at me

Back
Top Bottom