• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the United States, the Wii will be legally able to fuck in six months. Make preparations.
wii-news-anchor-curling-challenge-158606.gif

Given Scott's Stash's refent video on the matter, I just wanna say. I really like the design of the Nintendo 2DS.

It's so unique, blocky and utilitarian, it almost feels like the start of the industrial design that led to Nintendo Switch, which we saw with the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL official charging cradles and their "tiny Switch dock" aesthetics. It's comfortable, and pure function over form. There's nothing "pretty" about it, there's almost no symmetry to be found. Sturdy as a brick, light as a feather, the utter lack of shame with the serial number, regulatory information and two logos debossed into the rear panels, with that two tone design evoking the hinge. And in my opinion, still Nintendo's most comfortable handheld!

The 3DS family of systems has some absolute humdinger designs, like, all time greats in handheld video game systems.

I think the true star is New Nintendo 3DS. A tiny bit bigger than the original, but comparatively slim, comfortable, and created a weird situation where the new default 3DS was... The worst selling and least marketed, not even launching in North America initially.

The plain white launch model New Nintendo 3DS is my favourite handheld system design, ever, period. The smallest of the New line of 3DS, interchangable faceplates, colourful buttons, the C stick, super stable 3D. It's just so perfect... And it plays DS games, holy moly! The pain now is since it sold so little, part availability is poor. I literally can't buy a battery for it for the life of me.

I think the overall ranking for the family would be something like...
New Nintendo 3DS > New Nintendo 2DS XL > Nintendo 2DS > New Nintendo 3DS XL > Nintendo 3DS > Nintendo 3DS XL.

Nintendo 3DS XL loses points for being positioned as more premium than the original despite being cost reduced in design.

New 2DS wins the battle of practicality, with new batteries still in production and plenty of new old stock accessories still available. It balances a clamshell with comfort and has some of my favourite L and R buttons or D-Pad on any Nintendo system. So squishy, yet responsive, and those screens feel huge even now!

The original 3DS gets its dues for being an overbuilt, overengineered piece of madness. Sturdy little brick, supported for ten years of ups and downs. The device that started the last generation of true handhelds. Rest in peace, especially your 3D amber LED exclusive to the first model.

Given Scott's Stash's refent video on the matter, I just wanna say. I really like the design of the Nintendo 2DS.

It's so unique, blocky and utilitarian, it almost feels like the start of the industrial design that led to Nintendo Switch, which we saw with the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL official charging cradles and their "tiny Switch dock" aesthetics. It's comfortable, and pure function over form. There's nothing "pretty" about it, there's almost no symmetry to be found. Sturdy as a brick, light as a feather, the utter lack of shame with the serial number, regulatory information and two logos debossed into the rear panels, with that two tone design evoking the hinge. And in my opinion, still Nintendo's most comfortable handheld!

The 3DS family of systems has some absolute humdinger designs, like, all time greats in handheld video game systems.

I think the true star is New Nintendo 3DS. A tiny bit bigger than the original, but comparatively slim, comfortable, and created a weird situation where the new default 3DS was... The worst selling and least marketed, not even launching in North America initially.

The plain white launch model New Nintendo 3DS is my favourite handheld system design, ever, period. The smallest of the New line of 3DS, interchangable faceplates, colourful buttons, the C stick, super stable 3D. It's just so perfect... And it plays DS games, holy moly! The pain now is since it sold so little, part availability is poor. I literally can't buy a battery for it for the life of me.

New Nintendo 3DS > New Nintendo 2DS XL > Nintendo 2DS > New Nintendo 3DS XL > Nintendo 3DS > Nintendo 3DS XL.

Nintendo 3DS XL loses points for being positioned as more premium than the original despite being cost reduced in design.

New 2DS wins the battle of practicality, with new batteries still in production and plenty of new old stock accessories still available. It balances a clamshell with comfort and has some of my favourite L and R buttons or D-Pad on any Nintendo system. So squishy, yet responsive, and those screens feel huge even now!

The original 3DS gets its dues for being an overbuilt, overengineered piece of madness. Sturdy little brick, supported for ten years of ups and downs. The device that started the last generation of true handhelds. Rest in peace, especially your 3D amber LED exclusive to the first model.
I think I'd put the New 2DS XL a little lower; the clamshell design feels more fragile and loose, I feel like one wrong move and it'll break in half.

Edit: Meant to say 2DS, whoops......

Last edited:
I think I'd put the New 3DS XL a little lower; the clamshell design feels more fragile and loose, I feel like one wrong move and it'll break in half.
Hah, fellow New 3DS XL hater, I feel you. I have to put it above the original XL because it's a bit slimmer and the Z buttons really do it for me, but I could stomach putting it below the original 3DS, design wise.

Quoted by: D36
Hah, fellow New 3DS XL hater, I feel you. I have to put it above the original XL because it's a bit slimmer and the Z buttons really do it for me, but I could stomach putting it below the original 3DS, design wise.
Oh, sorry, I meant to say the New 2DS XL. 😅 I actually adore the New 3DS XL, it feels nice and sturdy. I've never tried the other models besides the OG.

Oh, sorry, I meant to say the New 2DS XL. 😅 I actually adore the New 3DS XL, it feels nice and sturdy. I've never tried the other models besides the OG.

lol, I guess we'll just have to disagree. I like the hinge on the New 2DS XL, personally. It's very utilitarian.

The glossy finish on the exterior of the New 3DS XL never gelled with me. It's so brittle, too, and it's heavy but doesn't really earn its heft. It's the "best in the line" by pure specs but it just doesn't sit well with me, and I've had one have its battery go pop, which is never good.

I really wanted to like the 2DS for the same reasons Scott mentioned - it is so cheap and utilitarian! - but shamefully aesthetics matter enough to me that I couldn’t get over the doorstop design; it felt good in my hands but looked awful in my eyes. The New 3DS XL satisfied both qualities for me, feeling “premium” and looking it, too. I think it is my favorite handheld Nintendo ever made!

Are those shortbread? Sheetz used to sell some incredibly soft shortbread cookies, but they stopped getting them in at some point.

Grögol Bonanza Demo May 24th devlog:

- Added an entirely new side quest with 13 unique bonus dialogue chunks for acab maze masochists + 12 new unique items

- Implemented tighter area music loops

- Swapped all outdated internal manager-style GameObjects with updated ones

- Flingable meat

- Resolved dialogue double-dip

- Added shadows where there should have been some, took shadows away in the opposite circumstance

- Installed sardonic history lessons

- Reconsidered second Cello

- Watched my wife play the game and had a mutual blast

Deleted thread ideas:

Did you know the launch of the Wii is closer to the launch of the NES than it is to today?

More time has passed since the Prime 4 announcement than passed between Prime 3s release and Prime 4s announcement.

Splatoon is older now than Nintendogs was when Splatoon launched.

That's the goal! All three of those are untrue

MOOOOODS! This gotta be illegal D:

(loudly, in a falsetto)

You can kiss a hundred boys in bars 🎶
Shoot another shot, try to stop the feelin 🎵
You can say it's just the way you are 🎶

Make a new excuse, 'nother stupid reason 🎵

yes I know it's 1am

For the moment I'm not especially keen on the idea of spending £50 on a video game I already own ft. readded trans rights (as cool as the readded trans rights are) so instead I've used way too many cables to rig my Gamecube up to my capture card.

UTdZLmn.png

Behold, the two times I almost beat the game and Malleo, who was also me but I guess I was in a shitpost-y mood that day. Young Minxy was weird.

I too have quite a few cool visual styles but unlike Famiboards I don’t make a big deal out of it

I picked up my white, ambassador faceplate New 3DS this morning while cleaning and paused for a few minutes to really admire it. It felt like a really positive evolution from the original DS Lite, back to rounded edges and minimalist plastic and away from the original 3DS's uncomfortable angular design and slightly weird attempt at looking premium. And those superb coloured buttons! God I hope button theory pans out for Switch 2.

Hoping to find the time and energy to get back to modding my New 3DS later this year so I can use it as a Virtual Boy emulator and finally play Wario Land VB.
Yooo really? Like, it makes the sound when you give out yeas or when you receive a yeah?Because that is so awesome haha!
This is 100% why I'm still on Tears of the Kingdom Famiboards a year after release.

After finishing Alan wake 2, it’s probably one of my favourite game that has come out in recent years. Like it’s probably the first game that made me feel that was NG.

Also the acting was surprisingly good, especially better than the first game, also the visual and the way gameplay and real life merge together is awesome.

Like the game went hard.

It’s truly a shame that there’s no physical edition.

The only real issue with the game is sadly that there’s no Barry 😔

After finishing Alan wake 2, it’s probably one of my favourite game that has come out in recent years. Like it’s probably the first game that made me feel that was NG.

Also the acting was surprisingly good, especially better than the first game, also the visual and the way gameplay and real life merge together is awesome.

Like the game went hard.

It’s truly a shame that there’s no physical edition.

The only real issue with the game is sadly that there’s no Barry 😔
I do miss Barry, he helped to ground things.
Sucks he for screwed over by those contractors.

I don't love this line, there's tons of random weird choices between kits, fits can take a ton of force and there's odd bits galore. But for this much of a lucky clearance Grab I'm willing to give another try XD(last one I got was in a blind bag)
IMG_8947.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom