• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3.jpg

This is the sock in question.
Those are amazing! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise :)

Mrs. just gave me a call, apparently we have to go shopping tomorrow...

Reason: My youngest cousin marries next friday, and just today she came to us with a dress code. White cloths only for the bride, but every guy has to wear either a white necktie or bow tie.

Which i, a person who's "allergic" to such formal clothing, don't have at home.

Why do i think the most reasonable answer to that last-minute dress code would've been "It's not on the official invitation, so i'm not gonna follow it"?

Oh and, i forgot ... outside of pants, no black colored stuff is also on that dress code. You have three tries to guess what color the formal shirts have that the Mrs. and I got for the wedding...

Last edited:
( Suswave hits the Play Animal Well buzzer. )
As the most prominent Hollow Knight booster I know I'm excited to hear your thoughts. It doesn't reach those heights for me (what could?!) but I would put it close to the peak of Mount Search Action.

Reason: My youngest cousin marries next friday, and just today she came to us with a dress code. White cloths only for the bride, but every guy has to wear either a white necktie or bow tie.

Why do i think the most reasonable answer to that last-minute dress code would've been "It's not on the official invitation, so i'm not gonna follow it"?

Oh and, i forgot ... outside of pants, no black colored stuff is also on that dress code. You have three tries to guess what color the formal shirts have that the Mrs. and I got for the wedding...
Look, maybe you should go with an all capybara pattern clothing and be the coolest guy around.
But yeah, last minute dress code is kind of bullshitty and I bet some people won't adhere to it. If you can try to do it, not sure how close you are to your cousin, but it's kind of a big event for them and all that stuff...

Posting here because not sure where else to go. But I have just this afternoon purchases a nice snazzy Mario Red OLED Switch to replace my OG launch model (sounds the trumpets as I lay it to rest). Been able to swap my profile and save data across OK it seems. However finding it a bit irritating I have to redownload all my DLC content. And in the case of Smash Ultimate, I'm having to redownload each fighter pack seperately. Seems really counterintuitive

But I bring it up because it's not recognising my Nintendo Switch Online membership and permitting me to redownload the Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks as part of it. Has anyone else experienced this, and can they or anyone help me figure out how to redownload them? Ta very much in advance

Look, maybe you should go with an all capybara pattern clothing and be the coolest guy around.
But yeah, last minute dress code is kind of bullshitty and I bet some people won't adhere to it. If you can try to do it, not sure how close you are to your cousin, but it's kind of a big event for them and all that stuff...

Me and the Mrs. sacrificing our quiet saturday to go shopping for a white necktie or bow tie is as much accommodation i'm willing to do.

She's making one heck of a scene, the festivities are in like 4 different locations over 2 cities over the course of the day.
And you won't believe this, it's "only" the civil wedding. The "real" wedding ceremony is planned for 2026 and will be even bigger.

Young folks today ...

Posting here because not sure where else to go. But I have just this afternoon purchases a nice snazzy Mario Red OLED Switch to replace my OG launch model (sounds the trumpets as I lay it to rest). Been able to swap my profile and save data across OK it seems. However finding it a bit irritating I have to redownload all my DLC content. And in the case of Smash Ultimate, I'm having to redownload each fighter pack seperately. Seems really counterintuitive

But I bring it up because it's not recognising my Nintendo Switch Online membership and permitting me to redownload the Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks as part of it. Has anyone else experienced this, and can they or anyone help me figure out how to redownload them? Ta very much in advance

In this case i would directly contact Nintendo's tech support.

(trans heckler in the audience) WEAR A DRESS

In this case i would directly contact Nintendo's tech support.
No worries, figured it out, had to go directly via the 'Switch Online membership' icon, then finding the booster pack as part of the persk, which takes you to the E-shop where it becomes available. Downloading now.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though

As the most prominent Hollow Knight booster I know I'm excited to hear your thoughts. It doesn't reach those heights for me (what could?!) but I would put it close to the peak of Mount Search Action.
to me, they're not even related. I wouldn't even compare them.

Hollow Knight fucking rules

Animal Well fucking rules

(we're only partway and I've mostly been watching my wife play but they fucking love it and I fucking love it)

Me and the Mrs. sacrificing our quiet saturday to go shopping for a white necktie or bow tie is as much accommodation i'm willing to do.

She's making one heck of a scene, the festivities are in like 4 different locations over 2 cities over the course of the day.
And you won't believe this, it's "only" the civil wedding. The "real" wedding ceremony is planned for 2026 and will be even bigger.

Young folks today ...
Yeah, you are doing more than enough... Sheesh...

Actually I’m curious since have a bunch of people who dabble in stuff, anyone have suggestions for a good English translation of Romance of the three kingdoms(as in the actual novels)

Just feels so right.

Actually I’m curious since have a bunch of people who dabble in stuff, anyone have suggestions for a good English translation of Romance of the three kingdoms(as in the actual novels)
I followed this site recommendation and got the 4 volumes of Moss Robert's version a few years ago. Obviously can't compare it to other translations since it's the only version I've read but it's seems very good to me

I followed this site recommendation and got the 4 volumes of Moss Robert's version a few years ago. Obviously can't compare it to other translations since it's the only version I've read but it's seems very good to me

Thanks, I’ll have to grab the volume set when I have the chance

kinda odd how Mario Run came out right ahead of the Switch and it took them until the tail end to really start using it for cross-promotion stuff

like, I don't remember them doing any kind of event for Odyssey, but Peach Showtime and TTYD remake got 'em
They do have a Cappy statue you can unlock in remix10. Most of the promotions didn’t start until the movie though, and now we have wonder, peach, and PM within 6 months.

Seems Woz was in the audience for TPIR this morning! Bottom right, alongside his wife. Apparently they're close friends with Drew.
vlcsnap-2024-05-24-15h03m35s555.png

I cleared my Youtube history, and I cannot believe how bad the recommendations are after watching a video game trailer or two. It's an endless stream of uppercase titles angry about Starfield or something.

I’ve been free of the headaches for a while. I’ve been playing dragon’s dogma 2 a lot lately, way more than I usually play. I’ll start TTYD after I finish it. I’m 25 hrs in DD2 and a third of the way done with the story. Don’t wanna rush it just to move onto the next game.

"Only because I just know that people, for the most part, are going to use it so much. For one, it's going to be confusing and misleading. And then, there is just going to be too much of the same kind of look or sound for different things. I see it happening already."

"For me, I'm the guy that likes to go into a studio, record a band live, and do it analog, like this record. So, the idea of AI, I can't think of any application that makes any sense to me, for what I do. I'm interested to see who comes up with something really great, unique and useful. But having AI reproduce anything, or actually produce anything original in terms of music does not really thrill me. You can have it write lyrics, you can have it do anything [without] you doing the actual work, and it doesn't thrill me."

Slash keeps being based yesss (His opinion on AI in music)
I realize this is not a big stance to take but seeing some musicians welcome Gen AI with open arms it's still cool to see this

"Only because I just know that people, for the most part, are going to use it so much. For one, it's going to be confusing and misleading. And then, there is just going to be too much of the same kind of look or sound for different things. I see it happening already."

"For me, I'm the guy that likes to go into a studio, record a band live, and do it analog, like this record. So, the idea of AI, I can't think of any application that makes any sense to me, for what I do. I'm interested to see who comes up with something really great, unique and useful. But having AI reproduce anything, or actually produce anything original in terms of music does not really thrill me. You can have it write lyrics, you can have it do anything [without] you doing the actual work, and it doesn't thrill me."

Slash keeps being based yesss (His opinion on AI in music)
I realize this is not a big stance to take but seeing some musicians welcome Gen AI with open arms it's still cool to see this
Hell yeah
yJKudEo.gif

I cleared my Youtube history, and I cannot believe how bad the recommendations are after watching a video game trailer or two. It's an endless stream of uppercase titles angry about Starfield or something.
Oh god, same thing happened to me when I looked up a couple videos of FFVII Rebirth. Suddenly all youtube wanted to show me was inappropriate fan mod videos of Tifa and incels screaming about how Stellar Blade is a triumph against woke.

I'm way too hairy for that. Plus a dress in my size? I'm not rich!
no one's too hairy for anything if they follow their dreams

Deleted thread ideas:

Did you know the launch of the Wii is closer to the launch of the NES than it is to today?

More time has passed since the Prime 4 announcement than passed between Prime 3s release and Prime 4s announcement.

Splatoon is older now than Nintendogs was when Splatoon launched.

Deleted thread ideas:

Did you know the launch of the Wii is closer to the launch of the NES than it is to today?

More time has passed since the Prime 4 announcement than passed between Prime 3s release and Prime 4s announcement.

Splatoon is older now than Nintendogs was when Splatoon launched.
I can feel myself aging as I read this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom