• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Animal Well getting some glowing reviews, including 5 stars from Eurogamer and Polygon's reviewer describing it as one of the most inventive games they've ever played.

I only wrapped up Prince of Persia last week, so I'm not quite ready for another 2D Metroidvania right now, but Animal Well has just gone on my list and sounds like it could be an out-of-nowhere surprise hit.
I found out it's on PS+ Extra so I immediately downloaded it. I can already tell this game is something special.

UMrnoLN.jpeg
“What’s the deal with tulpas?”

I feel like this may have been talked about in another thread (related to Amazon cancelling Nintendo pre-orders) but I went to buy an e-Shop gift card code on there today and it appears that they only have the $20 (and maybe $35) dollar ones available now... I'm not sure if these things are connected but I just wanted to mention it :)
AND you can't buy eShop gift cards with gift cards anymore, snuffing out one of the primary ways I purchased my games 😫

How much does Animal Well have to do with Dunky?

The reviews make it sound like a game I would like, but I really don't vibe with that guys whole YouTube schtick, I find him abrasive and uncharitably hostile to some genres, so I don't think I'd enjoy a game in his style much.

site issue seems to be a problem with the hosting service. Sorry folks, it’s a bit out of our hands right now.

How much does Animal Well have to do with Dunky?

The reviews make it sound like a game I would like, but I really don't vibe with that guys whole YouTube schtick, I find him abrasive and uncharitably hostile to some genres, so I don't think I'd enjoy a game in his style much.
from my understanding he/his company is literally just acting as the publisher, and that's it. He saw a game, thought it looked cool, and decided "I've got money and a platform, I'm gonna put it behind indie games that look cool"

I guess the first one was Ghidorah, since this is blatantly and awesomely, Hedorah(goodness who thought my joke would come true about the smog in the reveal XD)

Hey folks, just wanted to say here too, I’m really sorry and disappointed about the current issues. Really hoping we have resolution soon.
Oh no worries

That’s what you get when the whole internet wants a piece of you :)

Hey folks, just wanted to say here too, I’m really sorry and disappointed about the current issues. Really hoping we have resolution soon.
No worries. I kind of appreciate the check if I'm still human after logging on. Spares me a trip to the mirror to check 😄

How many times do I need to tell you Fami, I'm human! It's true. I am human with human feelings. I eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom like human. I am one of your species.

Whats wrong with LRG? Im out of the loop I guess. Ive never bought from them but I have come close many times
Well, it's personal, but:
  • they are overpriced, severely I feel, while their releases are barebones and it feels like vulturing on young collectors to me
  • they underproduce to achieve a sense of scarcity and fomo when a repress oc urs
  • recently they released a 3DO game on CD-R sold for a premium
Edit: don't get me wrong, some of their releases are decent and I get what they are doing but feel companies like strictly limited and fangamer are way beter and less, company-ish if that makes sense.

someone pls help me make sense of these leaked specs in terms of how doomed nintendo is

My bummer with NWC Nes edition is that I wish they had least thrown one challenge from every first party nes game in! It’s not that hard! There’s some big absences even!

Back
Top Bottom