• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
What I assume what was going on with the servers today:

theitcrowd-fire.gif

This is fine in terms of trying to lower the cut that platform holders mandated, so I see lots of tech companies doing this post Epic lawsuit. What is ridiculous is calling it an “experience.” What a joke of a marketing term. It’s just a storefront, so call it that.

of all the stories to adapt from middle earth, they’re going with one about the guy that doesn’t even know that potatoes can be boiled and mashed and stuck in stews.

Well, it's personal, but:
  • they are overpriced, severely I feel, while their releases are barebones and it feels like vulturing on young collectors to me
  • they underproduce to achieve a sense of scarcity and fomo when a repress oc urs
  • recently they released a 3DO game on CD-R sold for a premium
Edit: don't get me wrong, some of their releases are decent and I get what they are doing but feel companies like strictly limited and fangamer are way beter and less, company-ish if that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense, I still love physical media so the idea of limiting the releases always sucks in the first place

Was there a DDOS attack that led to the human check? Or maybe our posts are so good that people are web scraping them?

[insert System stability improvements Nintendo joke]

Dear Famiboards,

Please stop asking if I am human. I tell you that I'm not every time I log in.

Kind regards,

Raccoon

It looks like the attention and frequency of posts for the Switch hardware are showing the site down.
yeah, I've seen like 3 or 4 random posts from the hardware thread end up on the gaming leaks subreddit in the past day

Lotta rubberneckers hanging around hoping for scraps of information, slowing things down and making it real hard to shitpost

Posted this in the new indie thread already but I thought this thread would appreciate it as well:

"Nigel Lowrie, the co-founder of indie publisher Devolver Digital (Hotline Miami, Cult of the Lamb), says that indie games do much better on Switch than on other consoles because Nintendo has cultivated a playerbase that is more “open to interesting concepts” and smaller games."

Do you feel more human or less human every time you are asked and then hit the button?
Problem is for some reason on mobile it makes me hit the button every single time any Fami page loads, and somehow the verification process causes the site to time out and either the verification page gets stuck in an endless loop or it'll load Fami about the way switchum's DS did.

so I guess the answer is "more human," because suddenly video game talk isn't as easily accessible to me 😅

sadly yes

close to steam deck sized
Oh I though that picture was showing the OLED tbh lol Seems these comparisons don't do much for me, I'll have to see how it looks and feels irl. A little disappointing but it is what it is

edit: or is the second supposed to be switch 2?

Oh I though that picture was showing the OLED tbh lol Seems these comparisons don't do much for me, I'll have to see how it looks and feels irl. A little disappointing but it is what it is

edit: or is the second supposed to be switch 2?
first is the OLED, the second is the switch 2 dimensions from shipping data

first is the OLED, the second is the switch 2 dimensions from shipping data
Ah ok, didn't recognize that at first sorry. Rest of my post still stands though. The Steam Deck is for sure too big and heavy for something like a Switch but hey let's see

Ah ok, didn't recognize that at first sorry. Rest of my post still stands though. The Steam Deck is for sure too big and heavy for something like a Switch but hey let's see
Much thinner though! It's not chunky like a steam deck, so it shouldn't be as heavy.

Problem is for some reason on mobile it makes me hit the button every single time any Fami page loads, and somehow the verification process causes the site to time out and either the verification page gets stuck in an endless loop or it'll load Fami about the way switchum's DS did.

so I guess the answer is "more human," because suddenly video game talk isn't as easily accessible to me 😅
Oof. That’s brutal. Mine isn’t that bad, more like every 15 mins or so. Runs smoothly aside from that.

"Nigel Lowrie, the co-founder of indie publisher Devolver Digital (Hotline Miami, Cult of the Lamb), says that indie games do much better on Switch than on other consoles because Nintendo has cultivated a playerbase that is more “open to interesting concepts” and smaller games."
We already kinda knew about this based on all the financial talk we get from a buncha indies, but it's always nice to hear another voice added to the chorus. Part of the reason I'm thrilled for Switch 2 is that extra horsepower hopefully making it easier for studios to port their stuff, with fewer technical compromises.

Hey Famiboards, you're asking me if i'm human? Take a look at the tiredness rings beneath my eyes, that should be enough to never ask me that again.

Omgomgomgomgomg that TotK Master Works artbook.
Omgomgomgomgomg that full OST with the USB stick and a FLAC version of the final trailer music that goes ways.

Need. NEEEEEEEEEEEED!

On the phone with John Nintendo, CEO of Nintendo right now, trying to get him to send over one of his famous stability updates.

Back
Top Bottom