• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it, tomorrow I'm getting cargo pants for the job

aJP18TR.png

6v1llPq.png
one of us
one of us

I’m just running around the world map in Xenoblade 3, picking up items and listening to the music. It’s so good. I’m totally forgetting about the world around me when doing this. Love it!

The feeling these games give me, I just can’t find it in any other JRPG these days.

Speedy stubborn queston: if Spike Chunsoft worked on the classic Budokai Tenkaichi games, will Dragon Ball Sparking Zero have Shiren the Wanderer or anyone from Danganronpa as Guest characters?
No, we're lucky if it has Arale again and maybe Beelzebub

If any Danganronpa characters touches Dragon Ball I might cry (negative)

The actual GOAT. But also, Melee's "want to overwrite everything you ever saved to this new random memory card you just put in?" screen looking exactly like the one that asks if you want to use a memory card in the beginning lead me to delete my ~18 year old save data...... couldn't save that one Sakurai, could you

great news for my T-Square-based joke theory that Mario is trans — some mushrooms increase testosterone and others block enzymes from converting testosterone to estrogen

if you haven't been following along, here's what we have so far:

• The song that inspired the Mario theme is Sister Marian by T-Square

• Mario's self-perception is that he is too small, always seeking powerups to become bigger and taller

• His chronic nemesis is always represented as bigger, stronger, and more masc than he is, a metaphor for the constant comparison and self-doubt trans people have grapple with in a hostile world

• Alternately, his relentless pursuit of a power masc who is constantly locking up the embodiment of femininity could represent his tireless crusade to get Bowser to be true to himself and freed from the shackles of upholding an assigned gender that he doesn't believe in, or even just comphet

• Eat shit Jonathan Blow, your Mario metaphors suck shit compared to these absolute gems of the shitpost abyss

• Also the mushroom thing I just said

I rest my case until I inevitably open it again with whatever silly horseshit I add to this in like, idk, a week?

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Recent discussions Reminds me I would love Kirby Air Ride HD + Online with 12 person online multiplayer XD. Actually at the very least wouldn’t be surprised if it was the next GC port

Finished chapter 4 of Orochi warriors 4U. Yup that’s classic Zeus XD. Also Odin coming off sleazy as heck which is suiting. Next chapter is when infinity mode unlocks and the first crossover character so I’m interested

Been playing through Alan Wake 2 and sunk in about 12 hour.

It’s absolutely criminal, despite the game being beloved by critics and fans alike, its sale performance has been bleh.

Like the game is multiplatform and it’s only sold about 1.3M

Like it’s probably the first game that made me feel that NG feeling, like, the lighting, performance, acting’s, atmosphere, horror, story is absolutely stunning.

What I’m trying to say is, it’s absolute cinema.

If there was a Super Robots Wars spin-off centered in American giant robots, should Mech Michael Jackson from Moonwalker be a candidate?

I gotta say I am not a big fan of the white spandex. Makes him look like he's wearing briefs... or a diaper.
I think it looks kinda bland, tbh. Kin's red boots and spandex are at least striking and appealing. Same with Robin Mask's manga design compared to his old anime design.

I’m just running around the world map in Xenoblade 3, picking up items and listening to the music. It’s so good. I’m totally forgetting about the world around me when doing this. Love it!

The feeling these games give me, I just can’t find it in any other JRPG these days.
I feel like XB3 is much easier to get lost in compared to 1 and 2 and I think that's because of the sheer amount of optional areas that are at your disposal during the main story. I'm not talking about secret areas, but actual locations that aren't apart of the story, but you could go there, anyway. It reminds of Xenoblade X, in a way, despite X being more of an open-world game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom