• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Its been a wild week in terms of videogame news

The tone of the various happenings couldn't be more different, huh?

Sony: "Something" good with them dropping that PSN stuff for PC Helldivers.

MS: Catastrophic. Like ... this is imo a bigger PR nightmare than the whole XOne Always Online stuff was.

Nintendo: "We rich as fuck, we hire a lot more people, Switch 2 is real, Direct next month." And now the whole new leaks the crazy, talented folks at the Hardware thread found.

Someone get the devs a Switch 2 devkit for a native version, Lorelei and the Ray-Traced Eyes.
speaking of native, the game will continue the streak from their previous game (sayonara wild hearts) and be 60fps and native res in both handheld and docked modes (720p/1080p)

It’s been around this time when things have slowed down the past few days. I feel things are already slow at the moment, so not out of the woods yet

Them server folks at your hosting need to check the routines that start/change/end around 3pm CEST, this slowing always happening at the same time has to do something with some service or something like that.

Pyc6xKm.jpeg

Despite the forum going down, things feel more lively than ever. I guess Switch 2 news and indie influx has gotten folks excited to chat.

they still haven't reinstated it in all the countries where you could buy it and now it's suddenly gone and blocked...

and the dev who fought with Sony to make them reverse PSN says that'll be a harder battle but they're trying their best

The tone of the various happenings couldn't be more different, huh?

MS: Catastrophic. Like ... this is imo a bigger PR nightmare than the whole XOne Always Online stuff was.

Nintendo: "We rich as fuck, we hire a lot more people, Switch 2 is real, Direct next month." And now the whole new leaks the crazy, talented folks at the Hardware thread found.
I’m just happy to see some positive news.

The Xbox stuff though… well

But if you work from home, at home, is your home really your home, or your office?
it's my fucking home, fuuuuuuuck that shit

outwithya. gwan. git

they still haven't reinstated it in all the countries where you could buy it and now it's suddenly gone and blocked...

and the dev who fought with Sony to make them reverse PSN says that'll be a harder battle but they're trying their best
Pretty much, Sony has played the people like a fiddle.

How the hell is Sony gonna buy Springsteen's catalog for half a billy, and then put out the most barebones, uninspired, 40th anniversary box set for Born in the goddamn USA that consists of one (1) red vinyl record that otherwise has the exact same remastered recordings from the 2014 30th anniversary release?

EIGHTY cut songs from those sessions, and of those only 32 were officially released through other albums or outtake collections. Not a second disk, third or even fourth disc? Not an acknowledgment of the Arthur Baker dance club remixes? After vault releases such as The Ties That Bind for The River, or Darkness On The Edge of Town Deluxe Boxset containing 3 CDs + 3 Blu rays, or Born To Run with a concert DVD and documentary DVD in addition to the album?

Wasteful, gonna listen to this corny ass Dancing In The Dark (Blaster Mix) out of anger now because it's only on YouTube and vinyl and not Spotify like I need it for my Bruce playlist.

Gahddamn, Doug 🀣

Honest to God I saw Kotaku, and I still said out loud to myself "This has to be The Onion".

Also point to Doug for acknowledging accessibility reasons in the face of a pretentious LinkedIn ass.

Strong Geomagnetic Storm on the horizon late tonight and early tomorrow US time.

434993020_843151884511804_7508368218769491236_n.jpg

Cool, on track for the alien invasion in July!

still thinking of making sprite at home
Just remember the recipe is not simply lemon and lime, there's more to it than that

Honest to God I saw Kotaku, and I still said out loud to myself "This has to be The Onion".

Also point to Doug for acknowledging accessibility reasons in the face of a pretentious LinkedIn ass.
My favorite part was how people were cheering Doug on by name and the jerk responded "who?" as though he himself is anyone at all 🀣

They have a bunch of skin variations for him and he's one of the popular Fortnite-originals. The Fortnite Switch special edition has him (his eyes) on the yellow Joycon actually
Then Peeler is nearly off the table. And not just because I'm using Epic's tools to make this!

Banandit seems to be my best bet. Or maybe Banabomination?

Terrible Banana Names:

This Shit Is

Beeayenayenayess

Bad Banana (with a greasy black peeeeeel)

The Bunchler

Banana Bruiser

Planpain

Potassium Palooka
Planpain is excellent, someone else shared that one with me too. It doesn't look plantain-ey enough though...

The fun thing about this banana is that it's radioactive, like real bananas. Each round it will emit a small burst of radiation damage to everyone nearby.

saw all the leaks from the customs data was discovered from here? crazy leak, and I am very excited for switch 2 in the future!

I saw it on r/gamingleaksandrumors and then reset era discussing it a lot and how wild the info came from public shipping info, only to see era shooting out tons of warnings and derails because someone asked where the Nintendo community went there and users began discussing it, that people were "promoting" and "making money" off of this site because they mentioned many moved lot here, and began issuing out warnings and any post was mod edited...what??

I am done reading Nintendo discussion there

You have a song that speaks of a unified Europe and then you punch out a camera man at the Eurovision.

Welp

(As a Dutchie I think it’s somewhat hilarious)

@Suswave When the servers were acting up yesterday I refreshed a couple of times and then gave it a rest. When I opened my phone later I was presented with THIS:

EqHRp9j.png
always a pleasure to haunt and astonish

Merge? Close? Push? Fork?
yeah feel free to merge close push and fork yourself rather than invade MY HOME with the concept of WORK

even if I DO work from HOME

(I hope it's apparent that this is all in jest, lmao, I am running with the bit)

for real though I have worked hard to establish boundaries with work/life shit so I take it very seriously

Back
Top Bottom