• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

👀

Perfect casting for Shadow

d0b4c702aeb365ebcec4fe22842e47d7019787d7.gif

It’s so interesting to me how much hype there is around Sonic 3‘s referencing of Sonic Adventure- era material. SA1 and SA2 were some of my favorite games as a kid but at the time (and for many years afterwards) the “popular” discourse was that that era was the beginning of the end of the Sonic series’ quality (ie. The “shitty friends” era). It seems enough time has passed now that people yearn for this era.

KmKvZky.jpeg

after years of the gag… the Horse Incinerator will finally have a home in the bottom left corner of this farm

ozxib6A.jpeg

What's great is Keanu is a massive motorcycle nerd who literally has his own motorcycle design/manufacturing company so like...

GLO2MAYXEAA-vRD

...pretty legit actually

Man, it's gonna be so awkward when John Wick finds out his dog's last wish was for him to bring hope or peace or something to the underworld, not revenge.

Keanu is perfect for Shadow because he too doesn't biologically age. One Ultimate Life-Form playing another.

Wasn't Hayden Christensen heavily rumored? Not complaining though, Keanu's probably gonna do a decentish job
He was, dunno why (though it's possible they were both on the shortlist at some point), but what I like is that both he and Keanu have a good smooth voice for that sort of angry-but-bottled character. Keanu could literally just perform Shadow as John Wick and it'd be perfect.

He was, dunno why (though it's possible they were both on the shortlist at some point), but what I like is that both he and Keanu have a good smooth voice for that sort of angry-but-bottled character. Keanu could literally just perform Shadow as John Wick and it'd be perfect.
He's not a very good actor but he's great at that type of role :LOL:

Hayden would have been a good pick if they wanted to go all in on early 2000s nostalgia with SW prequels and SA2, but hopefully we get the trailer soon to see how Keanu fares.

I was mostly thinking about the latter but it probably works for both of them xD

Haven't actually seen much of Hayden outside of Star Wars.
Hayden hasn't done much outside of Star Wars. He did a couple movies after the prequels but IIRC he pretty quickly just retired to a farm in Canada with his family. Which is awesome.

I’m going to write my big calculus exam tonight! I’ve been studying really hard every day, and I don’t fully understand every concept, but I think I know enough to get me through this. I’m going to finish up this study session before kicking back to play some games before I write the exam at 7pm ET.

I learned after my first math test that my brain can’t handle hours of studying right before a big test. I did that before the first math test and I totally blanked when I started writing. I won’t make that mistake this time, hence why I’m going to chill with some Ocarina of Time when I’m done studying.

Wish me luck Fami 🍀
Update: I think it went really well! The break I took beforehand did wonders to keep me engaged during the exam. I’d estimate I got around a 75-80 on this, which would be awesome for me in this particular course.

Sorry for the off-topic post but I wanted to tell someone lol

Now what game am I focusing on this evening… probably FFIX. Made some good progress in Theatrhythm this weekend tho, knocked out 2 games in series mode.
Wanna get back into Orochi warriors 4 tho. And made some progress in ace combat. Tho probably not more of that tonight. Also been messing around in Just Cause 2 which I find kinda chill… well in the non car missions

I got a shiny vaporeon and sylveon today in scarlet. My shiny luck continues to be pretty good lately. I’m still going after the starters and eevee forms right now but I am going after specific Pokémon next.

I started The Great Ace Attorney a year after getting it on sale. What's the deal with the first trial? Who said that should be two and a half hours long? It's the tutorial trial, friends! Not the bonus case stapled to the end of the story!

Anyways, this game rules. I didn't think I would love the 3D models (never played beyond the DS trilogy) but they really do add personality to the characters that might be harder to communicate in 2D. The music is on point, as always. The writing is excellent, too!

pls hire an editor

I got a shiny vaporeon and sylveon today in scarlet. My shiny luck continues to be pretty good lately. I’m still going after the starters and eevee forms right now but I am going after specific Pokémon next.

Right now in Destiny 2, they these things called "Brave" weapons which are essentially just super rare recolors of existing guns. But everyone has just been calling them shiny guns. It's funny to see Pokemon terminology bleed into other games. I saw one streamer get excited about getting a shiny weapon and he said he now knows what a Pokemon fan feels like getting a shiny variant.

I'm watching After Midnight and the Hashtag War (where contestants make up themed puns) for the night was marijuana-themed video games, example given was Hash Bandicoot.

and yall

not one contestant

not a single contestant

came up with "Chronic The Hedgehog"

I'm watching After Midnight and the Hashtag War (where contestants make up themed puns) for the night was marijuana-themed video games, example given was Hash Bandicoot.

and yall

not one contestant

not a single contestant

came up with "Chronic The Hedgehog"
True story, I didn’t hear the term ‘chronic’ until I was in college. To the point that when I first heard the Lonely Island song I had no idea what they were talking about other than rapping about Narnia for some reason

True story, I didn’t hear the term ‘chronic’ until I was in college. To the point that when I first heard the Lonely Island song I had no idea what they were talking about other than rapping about Narnia for some reason
I'm trying to figure out if maybe that makes the song better actually

What in the hell is a Regirock Tok? Do the other Regis have their own Toks as well?

Honestly my first time hearing Chronic used as slang for marijuana
Popularized by this classic:

drdrefrontcd.jpg

It's very high quality weed.

Back
Top Bottom