• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have the facts and you’re voting JORTS

in other news,

3Uk7WBq.jpeg

G

posting the song again because I’m listening to it the whole time I work on the town and I think it’s just in control now

Yes...I bought an e-Reader because I was tipping Nintendo and not because I was a dumb child...
I bought one so I could play those dang Mario Advance 4 levels

The thought of playing a ROM hack with them never occurred to me as a kid, though I did get the chance to do that later at least before Nintendo finally uploaded the damn levels themselves

Lit: seeing a nice, all-black Ford Ranger with a Blue Jays sticker tastefully applied to the back window

Shit: watching it turn the corner to reveal a freedom convoy and “Trump for Prime Minister” sticker on the rear passenger window

I bought one so I could play those dang Mario Advance 4 levels

The thought of playing a ROM hack with them never occurred to me as a kid, though I did get the chance to do that later at least before Nintendo finally uploaded the damn levels themselves
I wanted to play Ice Climber.

It was bad :(

It's always interesting when people want our presidents (current or former) to run their countries. Like there was that semi-serious campaign to get Obama to run for president of France and people actually looked up if it was actually possible for him to do so or not.

It's always interesting when people want our presidents (current or former) to run their countries. Like there was that semi-serious campaign to get Obama to run for president of France and people actually looked up if it was actually possible for him to do so or not.
Oh, I remember that! That was funny. As if France was going to elect someone other than a white man.

@Derachi why did it take me 3 more years of watching anime to finally get the pun of Meat’s name… it’s an obvious one it just doesn’t translate(which is weird it is translated since it’s his actual name not a stage name like the rest of the main crew).
For those that don’t know, Meat is Suguru’s sidekick in Kinnikuman. Meat in Japanese is Niku. So it’s Kinnikuman and Niku from Planet Kinniku(Muscle).

Ugh need to just chill today. May start out by throwing on a show(hmmm Nadesico or Aquarion?) and building hg origin guntank(oh or I could throw that on).
Then gaming wise I’m not sure what I’m going to focus on, got a vibe going on FFIX(just returned to Treno after Zidane whiffed on telling soon to be queen Garnet his feelings) trying to get back into Orochi warriors 4(on chapter 3, maybe I should just jump back in).

Great couple of days for music. Bleachers set at Coachella last night, Billy Joel concert on CBS tonight, and a new T-Swift album on Friday.

I have been interested in Cambodian rock n roll for years now and still can't comprehend the tragedy that land went through. I recently checked out a documentary on the artists that disappeared during the Khmer Rouge regime. It's called Don't Think I've Forgotten, I really recommend it:

Btw the whole documentary is on Youtube too!

Done, was a fun little quick build
IMG_8796.jpg

Now what next, Kuuga and his Bike or one of the Wataru kits(Jyakomaru or the Amplified IGMN duo)…

Now time to game

That last (for now at least) Bluey episode was excellent. Everyone should go watch it.
Hey what's this about a big twist they had recently? Was that a joke or did the show actually do something wild? I don't watch it but am definitely aware of it and am just curious wtf is up if there's actual Bluey lore

Hey what's this about a big twist they had recently? Was that a joke or did the show actually do something wild? I don't watch it but am definitely aware of it and am just curious wtf is up if there's actual Bluey lore
It’s nothing major and it plays out in the latest two episodes. I would say these are really the only sequential storylines, and the new episode is a whole 28 minutes. It’s pretty well scripted and has some good messaging as always.

The undeniable urge to get the latest game in a series you don't even like, just cause other people like it, even though you know you'll be disappointed

Of the currently announced games this year there’s only one in planning to bite on day 1 providing nothing scathing pops up in reviews: Megaton Musashi Wired

This year really is weird. I think the only game announced this year that I am actually excited to play is the Yugioh collection from Konami that has no release date yet. I'll buy LM2 and PM but I have no nostalgia for PM and LM2 has no exciting for me currently. Yes, I shouldn't buy it and I may not in the end but if nothing to play then...

I have a good few games I’m picking up this year, but the only ones I’m hyped for with dates right now are Trails Through Daybreak and World of Goo 2. If Paper Mario TTYD gets new content, that shoots up from neat to potentially hyped. For undated 2024 stuff, I am quietly hyped for Ys X.

Right now the things with dates I'm definitely planning on getting this year are Paper Mario and the new Monkey Ball; maybe Endless Ocean

There's a couple more undated games, and a few wait-for-a-sale games, but not a whole lot of locked-in games that I'm "day 1"-excited for at the moment

There's quite a bit I'm hyped for this year, it's just a bit slim in the second half. Eiyuden Chronicle is almost here, then May-June has TTYD, Elden Ring DLC, Ender Magnolia, and SMTV:V. After that... Ys X and (cautiously) Metaphor?

It'll be nice to firm up some actual dates and see what's happening in H2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom