• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grögol Bonanza update! my Jorts shrank a bit in the wash…

tqfaQdq.jpeg

I’ve gone back with some of the adjustments made in later areas and spruced it up, trimming it down to a more manageable size for a small starting town

Y7qPU5t.jpeg

still a fair bit to clean up, but the layout is set — including the Post Office (chaotic sign coming soon)

x7nuRXg.jpeg

and I’ve built up the ominous chasm that you’ll need to find fancy boots to dash across

K6yXRQV.jpeg

just a small update! cheers!

Ugh heads out of it. So wound up doing a story clear of magical drop 2 on Snes NSO with Justice…. Who just wanted a change of clothes?!

tqfaQdq.jpeg

I’ve gone back with some of the adjustments made in later areas and spruced it up, trimming it down to a more manageable size for a small starting town

Y7qPU5t.jpeg

still a fair bit to clean up, but the layout is set — including the Post Office (chaotic sign coming soon)

x7nuRXg.jpeg

and I’ve built up the ominous chasm that you’ll need to find fancy boots to dash across

K6yXRQV.jpeg

I heard the song

just so you know

Probably a lot of people after buying FF7 remake were either:

1. Felt sated. They got to play a ff7 game with 2020s graphics and presentation and got to see familiar characters and places. They have had their fill and have no interest investing further money or time in more ff7 games.

2. Felt cheated. The game has remake in the title, which is a lie. It's not a remake of FF7. It's the first installment in a sequel series which isn't what many wanted. They just wanted a graphical face-lift to FF7. Probably some people felt burned after rolling credits and realizing it wasn't the whole game even.
Personally speaking, I frankly just didn't find FF7R Part 1 to be interesting (/good/entertaining) enough to warrant also playing Part 2. I'd rather get FF XVI and give that one a try at this point, which is telling, given I don't think XVI looks super cool, either.

Maybe I'll return to the trilogy once all three are out there and ideally on some kind of handheld console hardware.

Well last night my cat tripped me down my stairs and I fell all the way down. I hurt my arm pretty bad but it only hurts if I move it like behind me head so im sure its probably fine but my foot hurts so bad when I put weight on it that I think its broken. Oh well good thing its the weekend I guess ill be staying home and playing switch all day. Probably gonna keep replaying all the Pikmin games. I beat Pikmin 1 last night so Im gonna start PIkmin 2 today. Glad Nintendo brought them to switch they look suuuuper good on switch in hd.

I've been vibing to Utada's newest album all morning. It's an album with rerecordings of their old stuff.

Spotify link in case the YouTube video gets taken down, since it's just a listening party:

You might be joking but a majority of my enjoyment of our beloved gaming hobby comes from the sales of a game, especially in countries I don't live in, and not the actual game quality.
It might feel this way right now but sales talk can't actually hurt you.

You might be joking but a majority of my enjoyment of our beloved gaming hobby comes from the sales of a game, especially in countries I don't live in, and not the actual game quality.
remember real fans support the companies by buying stock

You won't be able to lift the PS5 and carry it home with bad knees. Quite the oversight for making a game exclusive when you're trying to sell games for people with bad knees.
Luckily I have a pickup. A pickup that's both old and Japanese, which goes to show I really am the target demo for this game.

Last year everyone was talking about Zelda's legs and now we're talking about Cloud's legs. Leave their legs alone you sickos.

Omg this reminds me, has anyone here seen Conan's episode of Hot Ones?

That was some of the wildest television I've ever seen

Formerly overpaid gaming executive wants to bring tipping culture to games so the developers executives can get more money

Did...

Did he just reinvent Ko-fi?

my knees aren’t

I also literally cannot afford a PS5 and have no intention of getting one…

maybe Switch / Swunch ports will move me in that direction but tbd!
My plan

if you can call it that

is to wait until after FFVII-R3 releases, borrow the trilogy from a friend, buy a cheap used PS5, play through the whole thing all at once, then re-sell it and see if I can get as much of my money back as possible.

I'm not kidding 😅

Formerly overpaid gaming executive wants to bring tipping culture to games so the developers executives can get more money

I never got this mentality, why tf would I want to ever pay more man. Only time is with super small indies and stuff but who finishes God of War and goes "wish I paid more for this"? You're scamming yourself

I never got this mentality, why tf would I want to ever pay more man. Only time is with super small indies and stuff but who finishes God of War and goes "wish I paid more for this"? You're scamming yourself
The only time I legit felt bad for not spending enough money on a game was when I got Hollow Knight for a deep discount on gog. Went on and double dipped for Switch eventually.

So I can't find the Roguelike ST (I didn't dream that up did I?) so y'all get to hear about this here

The Monster Sanctuary devs are making a Roguelike! (They have been for a while, I just heard about this now)

Normally not something I'd be too excited about since I'm not a huge roguelike person but MS' combat is not only one of the best turn based combat systems I've played but also basically tailor made for a roguelike, with a lot of emphasis on team synergies

So I can't find the Roguelike ST (I didn't dream that up did I?) so y'all get to hear about this here

The Monster Sanctuary devs are making a Roguelike! (They have been for a while, I just heard about this now)

Normally not something I'd be too excited about since I'm not a huge roguelike person but MS' combat is not only one of the best turn based combat systems I've played but also basically tailor made for a roguelike, with a lot of emphasis on team synergies

Oooh yeah, this could be good

"I wish I could give those devs more money" says ex-President of company that's become notorious for treating their employees like shit.
What he's actually saying is "I wish other people could give the presidents of those companies more money"

I just scored a deal on sonic adventure for Dreamcast for 35 bucks. In good shape too. Only issue is that I don't own a Dreamcast currently but I couldn't pass up this chance
yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

tqfaQdq.jpeg

Y7qPU5t.jpeg

x7nuRXg.jpeg

K6yXRQV.jpeg

JORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom