• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like today is already a strong sign this coming week is gonna be a write off.

I think I'm gonna spin the nap roulette after work and see what time my body decides to wake up.

Maaaaan, you know you're getting old when you're waiting for it to get 21:00 so you can go to bed without it being too weird 😩

Finally a nice long highish quality gif!

MoMClipsGifFull.gif

Man, I'm super confliced about that Miyazaki win at the Oscars. I thought it was a fantastic movie, sure. And probably enjoyed it more than Spider-Verse, mostly because that wasn't even a full movie. And I also think that every animation Oscar that doesn't go to a mayor western movie, especially if it's by Disney or Pixar, is objectively correct. On the other hand it again proves that they only care for anime if it has Miyazaki's name on it.

I feel like today is already a strong sign this coming week is gonna be a write off.

I think I'm gonna spin the nap roulette after work and see what time my body decides to wake up.
I feel ya. Had an annoying headache today and I hope I don’t have a repeat of two weeks ago where I had a sinus headache all week. I just wanna play a little rebirth but today I had planned to meet up with some friends. Haven’t seen them in a couple of weeks either because of stuff going on. Hopefully I can tomorrow.

I feel ya. Had an annoying headache today and I hope I don’t have a repeat of two weeks ago where I had a sinus headache all week. I just wanna play a little rebirth but today I had planned to meet up with some friends. Haven’t seen them in a couple of weeks either because of stuff going on. Hopefully I can tomorrow.
Ahh damn, that's a bummer, but hopefully you do get to meet up with your friends tomorrow to catch up! God knows it does wonders for the soul.

I felt bad enough I had to bail on meeting up with my friends later tonight for band practice, but it seems a couple others are also feeling under the weather so we're gonna reschedule for later.

Man, I'm super confliced about that Miyazaki win at the Oscars. I thought it was a fantastic movie, sure. And probably enjoyed it more than Spider-Verse, mostly because that wasn't even a full movie. And I also think that every animation Oscar that doesn't go to a mayor western movie, especially if it's by Disney or Pixar, is objectively correct. On the other hand it again proves that they only care for anime if it has Miyazaki's name on it.
Ah, man. Even if it is just a part one, Spidey felt so substantive to me. It was my number one pick for sure! Seriously, though, I was just happy as long as Elemental didn't win.

I hate how Pixar / Ghibli / Spiderverse are basically the only animated movies that are seen by the mainstream audience and critics as "for adults" too. When Spider bros got meme'd on Twitter for acting like Spiderverse was the first time animated movies were mostly targeted towards young adults (yes, this was a real thing) they got deservedly meme'd so hard.

I hate how Pixar / Ghibli / Spiderverse are basically the only animated movies that are seen by the mainstream audience and critics as "for adults" too. When Spider bros got meme'd on Twitter for acting like Spiderverse was the first time animated movies were mostly targeted towards young adults (yes, this was a real thing) they got deservedly meme'd so hard.
Hehehehehe that reminds me of one of my old favorites

1673d14f95fc6eb9bc1202509a240a92.jpg

(I know it's still Ghibli but when Frozen debuted there was a very loud group saying "Finally an animated movie where the girls aren't damsels in distress!!" and anime fans were like "yall must not watch many animated movies")

Still riding that high off Godzilla winning his first Oscar, after 70 years on the big screen.
The fact that the film had like 5% the budget of its competitors just makes its win all the more awesome.
First time a Japanese film has ever won the effects Oscar too.
Hats off to the filmmakers; this was so well deserved and a beautiful moment.

20240311-Oscar-Prize-002-Godzilla.jpg

Still riding that high off Godzilla winning his first Oscar, after 70 years on the big screen
I need Minus One to become available on streaming services so I can finally watch it

Or force our local theaters to run it again

On the other hand it again proves that they only care for anime if it has Miyazaki's name on it
Eh, like any awards show, the Oscars will have their biases and preferences. Miyazaki's film just happens to cater to those.

Thinking about Toriyama again...

I don't know that I'll ever get over this. Maybe it seems childish to mourn and mourn over someone I never even met, but I'm just...still so sad. My younger self within me just can't let it go. Because if I do, it'd almost be like letting go of my younger self. And that's hard, because Dragon Ball changed my life. Toriyama changed my life.

...Sorry for rambling. I just don't have anywhere else to vent right now.

I don't know that I'll ever get over this. Maybe it seems childish to mourn and mourn over someone I never even met, but I'm just...still so sad. My younger self within me just can't let it go. Because if I do, it'd almost be like letting go of my younger self. And that's hard, because Dragon Ball changed my life. Toriyama changed my life.

I understand. To be honest, despite being a huge DB fan, I always took Toriyama for granted. I'd bitch and moan about certain creative choices he made over the years, but it never occurred to me he'd just be gone like that. I didn't think I'd be this emotionally affected by the news. But for me, the fact that his work left such an impact is a good thing, and being grateful for that will in time overcome the sadness of the loss. I'll still always love his work even if I come to terms with his passing. Also, lots of cute tributes of him in the afterlife:

I don't know that I'll ever get over this. Maybe it seems childish to mourn and mourn over someone I never even met, but I'm just...still so sad
It’s not just you, and it’s not childish. Toriyama left a huge impact on people, and it’s understandable that we’re all still reeling from his passing.

Well looks like I'm in on the SFVI party… once I make room for it on my harddrive. Bit on that Ultimate price error before the page got nuked XD

I'm not even close to being over iwata

I was just reminded by my sore muscles that i could give an update to my Ring Fit Odyssey again, it's been a while.

As of last sunday, i am at 16.6 kg lost since i started playing RFA in January 2023. For you US folks with your silly metrics, that's about ~36.6 pound.

Not too bad. I had hopes i could hit the 20 kg lost for my 40th birthday 2 weeks ago, but you know you know, the holidays and their devilish good food.

Needless to say, i need a RFA 2 on Switch 2 within the first year, no excuses Nintendo.

I was just reminded by my sore muscles that i could give an update to my Ring Fit Odyssey again, it's been a while.

As of last sunday, i am at 16.6 kg lost since i started playing RFA in January 2023. For you US folks with your silly metrics, that's about ~36.6 pound.

Not too bad. I had hopes i could hit the 20 kg lost for my 40th birthday 2 weeks ago, but you know you know, the holidays and their devilish good food.

Needless to say, i need a RFA 2 on Switch 2 within the first year, no excuses Nintendo.
Maybe that's why it was delayed, Nintendo knew they would end up disappointing you with RFA2 not being in the launch year.

Still pissed I lost my copy a few years back. Wish I could just buy the game

the wardrobe of dr. waluigi

is this anything

I watched Dune this morning and it was a very interesting movie. I had some knowledge of the world and some of its terms so I had an idea, but my sister was lost the entire movie, but liked it πŸ˜… .

If I had a complaint about the movie it would be audio, I am not an expert so correct me if there is an erroneous term, sound mixing was great with top notch music. But the dialogue was so low that if I turn the volume up to hear it when the music came in, my house sounded like a clubπŸ˜…

Is NOA tweeting later than usual? What time do they usually drop their first tweet, I thought it was 9am, but is that ET or PT? I've heard some say that it's whatever is in line with 11pm Japan time. Does anyone know?

I watched Dune this morning and it was a very interesting movie. I had some knowledge of the world and some of its terms so I had an idea, but my sister was lost the entire movie, but liked it πŸ˜… .

If I had a complaint about the movie it would be audio, I am not an expert so correct me if there is an erroneous term, sound mixing was great with top notch music. But the dialogue was so low that if I turn the volume up to hear it when the music came in, my house sounded like a clubπŸ˜…
This is a thing that's been a trend in blockbuster filmmaking for a while for some reason. Christopher Nolan's recent films have been catching complaints for having dialogue volume so low that the dialogue gets drowned out by the sound and music. People are starting to watch movies and tv with subtitles because of this stuff. Several theories and excuses as to why it's a thing, but it's definitely a thing.

Hopefully no one makes us detonate My Ass again.
I’d like to think that we’re in a better place now.

some kind of… paradise…

ZQEemdb.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom