• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to think of a bigger discography than that of Chicago and I'm coming up empty. It helps that every album is numbered. 😅
that is the funniest thing to post in this specific thread

like let’s be real, Chicago is amateur hour, I think even comparatively youthful newcomers like King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard have them beat

fuck I mean I’ve probably released more albums than Chicago

edit: lmao I checked and this is actually true — I’m at 28 if I only count “mainline” releases, of which Chicago has 26.

This doesn’t even include the four I have in mixing and mastering for later this year…

what’s that? quality over quantity?! no. shh.

Last edited:
Squares... like brownies! Of course. Brownies go well together with tea.
interesting concept that unsettles my palate

I feel like I wouldn’t like those things in conjunction

see I like a little tea while I read the new-s

not that anyone ever would — but nobody can say that Nintendo didn’t know

they called it Wii Sports Resort

like come on

okay but the real question here is this:

does T-Square lore imply that Mario is trans?

Trying to think of a bigger discography than that of Chicago and I'm coming up empty. It helps that every album is numbered. 😅

Are we just talking about "main" albums, or EPs and so on too?

Because counting everything, such old ass punk bands like NOFX or Bad Religion crawl above 35.
I see that you might not be aware of the great Masami Akita:

Studio albums415
Live albums86
Compilation albums11
Video albums9
EPs36
Remix albums8
Box sets30
Compilation tracks236
Splits45
Appearances102

One of my favourites was when Buckethead put out a thing everyday for October and all of them were called "X days until Halloween" X being the number of days of course.

I wish he was able to tour more and come to Europe even...

Last edited:
Here's one that might be very useful on the internet:

Fremdschämen.

Basically, you're getting embarassed by someone else who's embarassing themselves. For example, you read a post on the forum or anywhere with a take so bad, that not only the poster themselves should feel bad, even you feel bad simply from reading the take.
Yall have a word for secondhand embarrassment, nice

Sungwon Cho
Oh hell yeah

I seriously don't know if this is a bit because it's too well-timed 😅😅😅

probably me lmao

I don’t feel like I’m stingy…

but then it’s like 10k given to 20k received
No there was literally someone like a year or more ago who straight-up said they never Yeah! anything. So for a short time there was a running joke that people were gonna compete to try and get that user to Yeah! a post. I forget who it was. 😅

No there was literally someone like a year or more ago who straight-up said they never Yeah! anything. So for a short time there was a running joke that people were gonna compete to try and get that user to Yeah! a post. I forget who it was. 😅
huh. I love a challenge...

Buckethead has 812 releases on his bandcamp btw. Some of those are EPs, some singles, some LPs. Not sure if the difference matters too much but it's just cool that one of the greatest guitarists on the planet just puts out so much stuff.

Unrelated to anything: I think I've finalized (or mostly finalized) the track names and included tracks for the complete Grögol Bonanza soundtrack set.

This kind of counts as a game dev update, even though it's all soundtrack-oriented!

There are a couple of more minor (more sound-designy ones) tracks that won't be included, but I'm not sure how much y'all want to listen to synth convolution meant to sound like crawling bugs.

Soundtrack Albums​

I. A Taste of Grögol Bonanza
  • Window Seat
  • Jorts
  • Wild Grögs
  • Grögol Fight!
  • Chisco
  • Enjoy Choy
  • The Spires
  • Organic Tension
  • Three Keys
  • Intolerable Menace
  • Rambling Clouds
  • Birdeau Business
  • Grögolplex
  • Fading Tracks
  • Chaos Bonanza

II. Mere Seconds of Grögol Bonanza
  • Where the Light Leads
  • Subthalassic Shuffle
  • Born to Win
  • Open Sea
  • Zilch Bacchanale
  • Raven's Pass
  • Kingpin Clownshoes
  • Sponce's Crags
  • A Stone In The Path
  • Smallwood
  • Peak Hubris
  • Unfathomable Odds
  • The First
  • Up In Arms
  • Where the Light Leaves

III. Three Cheers for Grögol Bonanza
  • Frankly Suspicious
  • Duneport
  • Shorenuff
  • Tense Affairs
  • Ripped Tide
  • Marsh Appeal
  • Victim! of Sport
  • Gravity
  • Death Is Inevitable
  • Losing Isn't
  • Bramblebound
  • Baking Brawl
  • Four Pillars
  • All Or Nothing
  • Grassy Stroll

IV. Forecasts Warn of Grögol Bonanza
  • Overcast
  • Higher Education
  • Market Deep
  • The Fungible Imp
  • Congregate J'orange
  • Almost Unfamiliar
  • Abestos
  • Splitsville
  • Workshop Bop
  • Sleep, O Moon
  • Alla Brace
  • Warming Up
  • Baffling Encounter
  • Birdeau Boss
  • The Spear

V. Take Five, It's Grögol Bonanza
  • Smooth Moves
  • Wild Wild Grögs
  • Planet Bath
  • Poni Palooza
  • Boppa Nova
  • Radiant Drift
  • Sea Fight
  • Bog Sock Bend
  • The Wizard Atones
  • Chatterwaul
  • The Graze
  • Clownsequences
  • Monumental Mystery
  • Chaos Roll
  • Wipeout

VI. A Hex on Grögol Bonanza
  • Totally Normal Unsuspicious Town
  • Gnatsty Jazz
  • Cirque du Surrender
  • Carillon
  • Icebound Terror
  • Tunnel of Friendship & Death
  • Undergrögs
  • Thousand Eyeless
  • Dueling Depths
  • Home Gröwn
  • Pearicana
  • The Glaze
  • At Last
  • Sieve
  • Many Arms

VII. Seventh Sign of the Grögol Bonanza
  • Skyfisher
  • Wax Cinematic
  • Bringer of Ruin
  • Hydroloop
  • Smelton Greet!
  • Waves of Anticipation
  • Grögs At Sea
  • Poppin' Tune
  • Titan's Lap
  • Peace In Time
  • Quiet World
  • Desperate Clash
  • Mass Bonanza
  • The Incinerator
  • Ash

EPs – In-Game Bands​

I. Victor! of Sport
  • Lookin' Up
  • Birdeau Blitz
  • Happy Trails

II. Juno Brace
  • Fish Food Femme
  • Cicadian Pine
  • Breaking Point

III. Falihax Visonic
  • Seatune
  • Crucible Cove
  • Gravelin' Back

IV. Unchained Wizardia
  • Trashlord Throne
  • Absolute Maniac
  • Dungeon Smooth

V. Norton Advance
  • Bombshell Return
  • Stutter & Dunk
  • Warlock Glitch

If some of those track names worry you... they should.

Why did I do this to myself? No one knows...

And there will technically be an extra album with relevant in-game remixes of uh. every song. made fucked up.

A Taste of Grögol Bonanza and all EPs are already out in your favorite music-listening app, and II – V are completely drafted and being tweaked.

So – that's the update! Cheers!

I will be taking questions about track names if anyone is inclined.

Last edited:
No questions here, just wanted to say this is absolutely brilliant and should be included in the common vernacular

Like, it would be shorthand for "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
definitely in the same vein lmao

the clowns in question are in some ways scarier than clowns because clowning isn’t exactly their primary vocation

Always felt like "crawling insects" was the image Flight of the Zinger was going for.

This one time I took a night boat across the lake at Disney World, and the walls inside were just crawling with these bugs that infested it for some reason. Couldn't get the song out of my head.

I’m thinking someone has given like 3 yeahs is all. This was a while ago but I know some have mentioned they never yeah.
I'm probably not who you're thinking of but I have given exactly three yeahs, likely by accident. Did a whole bit about how I don't get this social media thing and my yeahs are like NFTs or something a few threads back.

So FF7 Rebirth is pretty good.

And by 'pretty good' I mean 'probably going to be my GOTY holy shit how can a game have this much joy in it.'
I've heard it said that Rebirth feels like the return of Old Final Fantasy, and if that's true then as a Sakaguchi-era fan I can't wait. I went from being ambivalent about Remake to being genuinely excited from the reactions I've seen to Rebirth. Glad it's giving the happy.

At first I was gonna post for the first time in seven pages about JOSIE'S ON A VACATION FAR AWAY

But somehow that earworm got supplanted with CERVEZA CRISTAL

So now I don't know what to do.

I've heard it said that Rebirth feels like the return of Old Final Fantasy, and if that's true then as a Sakaguchi-era fan I can't wait. I went from being ambivalent about Remake to being genuinely excited from the reactions I've seen to Rebirth. Glad it's giving the happy.
Oh it is giving the happy like you wouldn't believe.

Since I dropped that wall of musical information, please enjoy this rough track from Seventh Sign of the Grögol Bonanza.

This is Poppin' Tune, which you may hear if you pass the vibe check at underground karaoke.

it's uh... got a nice roll to it...

It's absolutely impossible for me to put Splatoon 3 down when I'm in the middle of a Side Order run for more than 5 minutes or so. I gotta keep the momentum going at all times.

Never have I ever endorsed weeb shit online. I could never in good conscience promote anime or any anime-related products. I will be hiring a lawyer to fight false these accusations!

My lawyer: Oh, you're screwed.

While I appreciate and understand why they’re doing it this way, and I am a fan of the series myself, I do think it’s pretty funny that SE is making FFVII into three games to match the scale of one Xenoblade game

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
GIMME A SURVEY TO FILL OUT KITASE-SAN
There's no way a remake could possibly be anything but worse given the times we live in and how the game is primarily renowned for things like its economical nature and great pixel art, plus how unlikely it is the original creators would be in charge of any new additions (and wouldn't just add more connections to Chrono Cross if they were) but uh... Give Ayla a sidequest I guess?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
GIMME A SURVEY TO FILL OUT KITASE-SAN
At this point, much like Yakuza if/when it comes to Switch for @Derachi's sake, I pledge to do my part and pick up Chrono Trigger remake if/when it comes to Switch for you 🫡

There's no way a remake could possibly be anything but worse given the times we live in and how the game is primarily renowned for things like its economical nature and great pixel art, plus how unlikely it is the original creators would be in charge of any new additions (and wouldn't just add more connections to Chrono Cross if they were) but uh... Give Ayla a sidequest I guess?
I mostly agree, but I'm thrilled for any acknowledgement at this point. Maybe they'll do a straight port (which is one of the options I think Kitase mentioned) or like a Pixel Remaster, or maybe maybe a faithful HD-2D remake could still be good. I wouldn't want a FFVII-R style remake unless they used time travel shenanigans to turn it into a surprise sequel or something. And if it was good. Like Rebirth apparently is. 😅

As far as the original creators being involved, it depends on what you mean there. A lot of people credit "the Dream Team" of Sakaguchi, Horii, and Toriyama, and obviously one of them is no longer associated with Square (though they did consult with Sakaguchi on the FF Pixel Remasters so maybe he'd have a slight hand in CT), but if you look at the in-the-trenches devs who worked on it, several of them left to form MonolithSoft, and a lot of the rest are still with Square doing Final Fantasy. Tokita just did Live A Live, Kitase is obviously on VII-R, Mitsuda and Kato are independent so they could come back (and did for the additional content in Cross), so I think there's actually a good chance some of the original team could come back even if only in supervisory roles.

And honestly, at this point I almost wouldn't care about the original team doing it as much as I'd want fans of the original game to do it. For instance, Kato was the scenario writer for Trigger but a lot of the stuff people don't like about Cross and Trigger DS came from him so would it be so bad if some of the originals didn't return? Let Tokita or Kitase supervise maybe, and if Sakaguchi and Horii wanna brainstorm a new story by all means let them, but for the most part I'd be cool with a younger team who grew up with it remaking it. About the only required person to return for me is Mitsuda.

But honestly what I'd really prefer is the original just being ported and then a full on sequel being made. If they actually made Chrono Break after all this time I'd be thrilled. And if they did go that route, everything I said above about a potential remake applies to a potential sequel as well.

See dammit, Kitase-san needs to open this up, I aughta be talking to him about this. Gimme survey!!! 🤣

Just for the love of god... don't FF7-Remake this. I'd be happy with just something in the vein of Live A Live or the recent-ish Star Ocean (which imho is one of the prettiest HD-2D games so far) Remake.

Just for the love of god... don't FF7-Remake this. I'd be happy with just something in the vein of Live A Live or the recent-ish Star Ocean (which imho is one of the prettiest HD-2D games so far) Remake.
What's great about CT is because it's all about time travel they could make a modern sequel and still revisit places and events from the original game. Best of both worlds. You could still have the type of content you'd get from a remake, fresh and recontextualized (like VII-R does) but without it treading on the original (like VII-R does).

I think a modern sequel that has a new story with new characters and new places that still lets us hit up Zeal or 2300AD (in both ruined and saved forms, even) with modern visuals and exploration would be phenomenal. And it doesn't even have to be a VII-R level of fidelity, it could be like a Xenoblade level and it'd be perfect. Or like, from what little we've seen of Visions of Mana, that'd be a sweet spot to strive for.

Gimme my survey Kitase-san.

I am torn between doing Ff7 rebirth, my backlog and doing another Pokémon run in one of the games. What do I have to choose.

Fuck a chrono remaster if it's just rhe same game again BUT new toriyama cover art is worth $60
I disagree with the first part but wholeheartedly agree with the second part, so you still get a Yeah! for it.

What's great about CT is because it's all about time travel they could make a modern sequel and still revisit places and events from the original game. Best of both worlds. You could still have the type of content you'd get from a remake, fresh and recontextualized (like VII-R does) but without it treading on the original (like VII-R does).

I think a modern sequel that has a new story with new characters and new places that still lets us hit up Zeal or 2300AD (in both ruined and saved forms, even) with modern visuals and exploration would be phenomenal. And it doesn't even have to be a VII-R level of fidelity, it could be like a Xenoblade level and it'd be perfect. Or like, from what little we've seen of Visions of Mana, that'd be a sweet spot to strive for.

Gimme my survey Kitase-san.
I just personally don't see the merit in any modern pseudo-sequel shenaningans. Or really any sort of sequel, they already had no good ideas when it came to Chrono Cross 👀

I disagree with the first part but wholeheartedly agree with the second part, so you still get a Yeah! for it.
(If it's just a HD2D Chrono Trigger this will be my reaction: immense hype>"wish it was a bigger project, doing it 3D and have me exploring the same world and story in a new way would be the best">fuck it we ball, immense hype)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom