• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never expecting BOTW2 for this one, was more of a wishful thinking more than anything. Although, what I find weird is that Nintendo didn't have Triangle Strategy with demo 2 announced on this. Kinda feels out of character for Nintendo and Square or am I just misremembering?

Geoff Keighley: looking forward to a fun night of celebrating the gaming industry and a loot of great reveals :)
Nintendo: go FUCK yourself keighley lmao

I have never tried a Cloud game on my Switch, and doubt I'll do it. But power for those that do enjoy it and work for them

No BotW2 at TGAs because Nintendo wants to first build up anticipation for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Definitive HD Deluxe Edition coming in 2022.

Ok, another thing I found weird was the Chivalry 2 expansion trailer. At the end, the announcer said now available on all platforms and Switch wasn't shown there. Obviously, there's some kind of mentality there.

in the past I've expressed some anti-option sentiment but at this point I can't be fucked about cloud games

their terrible existence simply isn't bad for the platform, which was well-established early on by real ports like doom, skyrim, and rocket league

Cloud games are a non issue because there's exactly one person still buying them and one still complaining about them and both of them are 9-Volt.

Cloud games are a non issue because there's exactly one person still buying them and one still complaining about them and both of them are 9-Volt.
Gotta be honest, GotG was a impulse buy, after hyping it up by reading some really good reviews. What was I thinking...

Control on Switch worked flawlessly for me in undocked mode with wifi. Haven't tried any other cloud games but I got 45 hours out of that with very little problem.

I'm assuming that by a lack of Paper Mario NSO complaints, that it's emulated fairly well by the get go?

So Nintendo received, repaired, and shipped my drifting joycon repair in the same day. Think they just gave me a new one? I have sent this one in 4 other times for various repairs (including that OG neon blue left joycon sync issue or whatever it was).

Is anybody else finding the atmosphere around here a little…tense today? It’s not even the doomposting for me, it’s the “first of all bitch” replies lol.

Sad that Nintendo and the games industry at large caused this by failing to entertain us last night.

It’s been a long time since I’ve played gen 4, so I’ve forgotten almost everything. But I have to say it’s terrible design putting a gym in hearthome that you can access but it isn’t explicitly clear that you cannot fight the leader yet. And your rival’s name is even listed as one of the trainers who cleared the gym, implying that it actually is the third gym and you just need to do something in town to trigger the gym leader.

I spent a long time in this damn town, even doing contests (which I hate), thinking that was how you made it so you could fight the gym leader.

Is anybody else finding the atmosphere around here a little…tense today? It’s not even the doomposting for me, it’s the “first of all bitch” replies lol.

Sad that Nintendo and the games industry at large caused this by failing to entertain us last night.
I'm tense because I have a Christmas party coming up this weekend and family I haven't seen in years is coming to town right after. And I won't be able to talk with any of them about Chrono Cross.

ugh I forgot you're a lite user too

some usb c to ethernet adapters work. just check the reviews

personally I used to use ethernet to a connected to an a to c
look gonna be 100% honest here

my dyslexia got my internal voice all swappy and it pronounced “lite user” as “white loser”

I've begun introducing Too Many Cooks to my family and friends, I thought everybody knew about it already but it's all brand new to them. I'm immensely enjoying myself.

Just realized the TGAs have come and gone, with no sighting of Final Fantasy XVI, but we now have release dates for Forspoken and Babylon's Fall. So that feels even further off than I thought.

I've begun introducing Too Many Cooks to my family and friends, I thought everybody knew about it already but it's all brand new to them. I'm immensely enjoying myself.
Nice. I introduced that to a co-worker a couple years ago and was legit shocked they had no idea about it.

Just realized the TGAs have come and gone, with no sighting of Final Fantasy XVI, but we now have release dates for Forspoken and Babylon's Fall. So that feels even further off than I thought.

Nice. I introduced that to a co-worker a couple years ago and was legit shocked they had no idea about it.
Forspoken will likely be bomba bin material in Japan, and Babylon's Fall probably should have gotten a downport for Switch to have any shot in Japan. Both might do well in the US and the EU though.

You know how people online will dismiss complaints about expensive items in F2P shops by saying "it's just cosmetic"? But I'll be real, being able to to dress up Link in BOTW was one of the best additions to the series. Outfits were one of the best additions to Mario Odyssey. Getting your Inkling to look fresh is a major appeal of the series. Current Animal Crossing is all about self expression. There's a reason why Fashion Souls is a thing. I was thinking of making a thread on here or on Era about how cosmetics are almost just as appointment as gameplay changing items. Videogames are one of the few mediums where we can have direct control of the appearance of the protagonist. Cosmetics help add visual variety to games we play for dozen or hundreds of hours.

Basically, playing dress up in games is fun.

Forspoken will likely be bomba bin material in Japan, and Babylon's Fall probably should have gotten a downport for Switch to have any shot in Japan. Both might do well in the US and the EU though.
Both titles are incredibly fascinating to me in how it's very clear they were made by the FFXV and Astral Chain teams. Or at least I'm assuming Babylon's Fall was the Astral Chain team given how similar the gameplay looks.

A shame I probably won't be playing them for a while.

Also, what's up with Square-Enix and isekai games in 2022?

You know how people online will dismiss complaints about expensive items in F2P shops by saying "it's just cosmetic"? But I'll be real, being able to to dress up Link in BOTW was one of the best additions to the series. Outfits were one of the best additions to Mario Odyssey. Getting your Inkling to look fresh is a major appeal of the series. Current Animal Crossing is all about self expression. There's a reason why Fashion Souls is a thing. I was thinking of making a thread on here or on Era about how cosmetics are almost just as appointment as gameplay changing items. Videogames are one of the few mediums where we can have direct control of the appearance of the protagonist. Cosmetics help add visual variety to games we play for dozen or hundreds of hours.

Basically, playing dress up in games is fun.

1. The Sims
2. Style Savvy / Girls Mode

Forspoken will do fine. Babylon's Fall? I'll start building the casket

Why yes, I'm a owner and user of the most gorgeous gaming device ever created. Perfection in handheld console form.
wow, you play Guardians on a vita? crazy

In case you didn't see my updated post

I didn't, disappointing, but maybe Japan gets a physical. I'd totally import.

I think 13 sentinels will get a physical. It's a much more recent game and is just being ported to an additional platform, a lot like the Catherine remaster.

I didn't, disappointing, but maybe Japan gets a physical. I'd totally import.

I think 13 sentinels will get a physical. It's a much more recent game and is just being ported to an additional platform, a lot like the Catherine remaster.
It is in America, actually, I was mistaken on that. It was confirmed by Atlus West on Facebook.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure physical switch carts are real expensive, which eats into profits ESPECIALLY for non-full priced games like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax which is 30 USD (at least that's what it is on Steam). Also the game, at least on PS3, was 13 GB so it'd need a more expensive cart on top of everything else. I'm gonna guess that, in this case, it was digital only or nothing at all.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure physical switch carts are real expensive, which eats into profits ESPECIALLY for non-full priced games like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax which is 30 USD (at least that's what it is on Steam). Also the game, at least on PS3, was 13 GB so it'd need a more expensive cart on top of everything else. I'm gonna guess that, in this case, it was digital only or nothing at all.
ageis is a full price so cart is fine

ageis is a full price so cart is fine
I mean, "fine" in terms of it not eating THAT much into the profits. The thing is that they have to do market research on 1) cost of cart production 2) buying patterns of target demo 3) whether printing carts would be profitable or not. Often times, for games that aren't basically guaranteed big sellers, it's always going to be more profitable to go digital only.

I'm not a physical games buyer but I DO feel for the collectors. I wish the carts were less expensive, resulting in more physical games being made available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom