• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the 2021 Pro that we keep seeing reported? Is that a thing? Will that replace 2021, or simply extend it?
Why would they make a 2021 pro this far into its life cycle, plus with a year shortage? May as well just wait another 3-4 years and put out a 2021 2.

Have you seen Mario in HD?
imagem-2021-12-30-101324.png
I saw his nipples in HD

Oh man, Paper Mario systems with Majora sidequests? Be still, my beating heart!

It came to Game Pass shortly after I paid full price for the limited run physical copy on Switch, oops lol
Exact same here, except it was Switch digital for me, lol. Promise you it's worth every penny! 🐝🪲🦋

shiiiiiiiiit I just realized I completed a handful of badge challenges and never posted the proof to claim said badges, and the year is almost over….

That's why DQ games are best played on emulators with save states. You can win the poker high/low bonus game very very easily.
I still remember when a Nintendo Power advocated save scumming the DQ2 lottery back in the NES days due to how the game doesn’t re-seed the lotto RNG.

I still remember when a Nintendo Power advocated save scumming the DQ2 lottery back in the NES days due to how the game doesn’t re-seed the lotto RNG.
There some other trick with DQ2 on the NES where you could find a thunder staff or something and sell it then save and reload and it would be back where you found it again.

I hate this time of year in terms of Youtube content because all anyone is putting is Game of the Year and/or Year in Review videos. I get it and it's not like there is any other news going on but it's just content I have no real interest in.

I hate this time of year in terms of Youtube content because all anyone is putting is Game of the Year and/or Year in Review videos. I get it and it's not like there is any other news going on but it's just content I have no real interest in.
Have you heard the good word about Jeremy Parish’s video works project? Or Archipel’s documentaries?

Started playing Kingdom Hearts on my Series S while continuing Halo and Firewatch with some Tetris effect here and there. Nice holidays.

Hello, how is everyone? I'm doing fine, just chilling in bed though cause I have been feeling off since last night (tired, headaches, sore throat and a sneeze here and there (meaning like thrice a day)) but Covid quick test was negative so I don't really know what's wrong. 🤷‍♀️ if I start losing my sense of smell or taste I will get a pcr done I guess, but I honestly don't know where I could have gotten it from other than my family but they all feel completely fine (plus my sister has been out getting tested daily the past few days because she had appointments and those all came out negative).

Otherwise I will just stay in the house and that's that. I'm vaccinated + recently boostered anyways so...

Really? I always find it interesting because I might hear about a good game that I have otherwise missed so far.

the tomb raider trilogy is free on the EGS!!

My third time buying TR2013 ^^

and third time buying it for free ^^

that makes sense. i just keep away from these kinds of games by nature
They might be free on PC, but I'm ready to pay full price for each on Switch if Feral decides to bring them. Nothing beats playing action games in that caliber on a handheld.

Plus, my Surface would probably fail at running them.

I made a spelling mistake in a closed thread and now I can't edit it and I feel like I'm doomed 😭

No matter when the first Direct is, the hype for this thing will be through the roof. People already have high expectations for each Direct anyways but with all of the known and rumored titles, people are going to expect their wanted games to be there and inevitably many will walk away disappointed because something didn't get announced or shown. I think for sure we'll see Kirby and Splatoon. Triangle Strategy with a demo is likely. I think Advance Wars release date announcement is likely there but that could be a Twitter announcement as well. I wouldn't be surprised is MHR: Sunbreak is shown again, despite Capcom saying they would have something to show in Spring.

For big new announcements, I think Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem, and Donkey Kong are the titles I think people are expecting at this Direct. I can't see all these being announced at once and I think it's more likely that only 1 is shown off in the next Direct than two. There's of course Metroid Prime 1 Remaster but that feels like an E3 announcement with release a few months later.

Mario, of all fucking things, is the biggest wild card. We know the Mario movie is coming out. But that's it. Will they have a new 2D and/or 3D Mario this year? And what about spinoffs? It's kind of the big unknown out of the Nintendo franchises. There haven't been really that many rumors about Mario, not compared to the other expected 2022 releases.

The most Nintendo thing to do in 2022 would be to not release a new Mario title to coincide with the movie 😂

quick barometer, which do you guys think is more likely, 2D donkey kong or 3D donkey kong

let's start with @HockeyBird

I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong fan so I don't have an affinity one way or another. I wanna say 2D is more likely but you know, let's go bold.

It's gonna be a 3D Donkey Kong made by the team that made Mario Odyssey!

They might be free on PC, but I'm ready to pay full price for each on Switch if Feral decides to bring them. Nothing beats playing action games in that caliber on a handheld.

Plus, my Surface would probably fail at running them.
i was willing to pay full price for them on the switch up until now that i have a pc that can run the games decently (as opposed to my old laptop that i have no idea how i played overwatch on it for quite a while since almost nothing would load and the screen was just white most of the time) and they're for free on egs

your loss, square

quick barometer, which do you guys think is more likely, 2D donkey kong or 3D donkey kong

let's start with @HockeyBird
I was originally thinking 3D, but with Kirby going 3D next year then I wonder if they planned to have DK be 2D after all. So I guess I'm kind of up in the air about it.

I'm not sure why people are trying to will a January direct into existence when the last January direct was a mini and the one before that was in 2015. Im not counting the Pokemon directs, Smash directs, and indie presentations. I know, I know, no such thing as patterns, etc.

I'm not sure why people are trying to will a January direct into existence when the last January direct was a mini and the one before that was in 2015. Im not counting the Pokemon directs, Smash directs, and indie presentations. I know, I know, no such thing as patterns, etc.
I don’t care if there isn’t a direct in January. I just want the madness and obsession to start

Are they? I feel like this year is one of the first times out of the last few years that (most) people are actually pretty confident it won't be until February, for once. I haven't seen much in the way of January Direct news and rumors at all.

Unlike the beginning of the year, I'm not in the absolute need for a direct just because we know, partly, what's coming.

Though, Ill always take more JRPG announcements 😁

One thing I’m hoping though is that 2022 will see more news from the industry.

Its been dry as fuck

personally I believe in 2D Donkey Kong more than 3D Donkey Kong so I think I'll go with that for the first round of auctions

keep in mind that after that period ends you can request anything

I need to know Nintendo's Direct schedule for next year so i can plan my vacation days accordingly, so i'm sure they'll understand if i tell them that and give me their entire schedule. brb, gotta send an e-mail
I'd plan those vacations in February, June, and September. Possibly around December too for the Mario movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom