• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double posting because nobody else is on this page yet so I make the rules:

Fuck it. I'm going all in and hoping for a Silksong shadowdrop tonight. I'M REALLY FEELING IT

where is everybody
126.gif

@Skittzo your name makes me think of Skitty every time I see it. It took me far too long to recognize its phonetic wordplay.

@MisterSpo vindicated once again with the Pokemon: Legends Arceus tweets. You hate to see it, but you're right - Directs are dead.
Indie directs don't count, and neither do E3 Directs, Mini Directs, January Directs, September Directs, or regular Directs of any type. Purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. Only those 18 or over may enter. May cause internal bleeding.
Fun fact, I didn't learn about Skitty until well after I had chosen this name.

Anyhow, for anyone interested in the whole horse-based F-Zero racer thing, I figure this is a good enough illustration of what that could look like:
horse_pilot_concept_art.gif
Haha it looks like Star-
Goddammit I am hella late

where is everybody
I've been entranced by the most incredible spam email I've received at work.

"Dear Apache(dot)org and all, {Editor's note; not where I work lol}

I am a victim of assault by Google."

Followed by this 1000+ word essay that gets more unhinged with each line, talking about Android phones altering brain waves via radio signals that cause traffic accidents, induce the feelings of nausea, tinnitus, sensation of bone fractures, implicated in runaway car accidents that hijack the driver's mind, changing sexual control functions, and being attacked by Google employees in Tokyo.

Among 200+ listed emails, we were CC'd alongside [email protected], and my manager is killing himself laughing over that fact ahaha

Enjoy the ride while you still can kyodai ! Such a wonderful game

ngl I'm not enjoying it as much rn but that has little to do with the game and more with the fact that I had a savegame on PS4 which I lost and now I have to replay a lot of the game that is still quite fresh in my memory

ah well

Breaking News: Nintendo now owns the idea of driving and using items in mobile games!

Breaking News: Nintendo now owns the idea of driving and using items in mobile games!

Um... serious question as someone who works with patents. How was that granted?

Based on this patent they essentially own the concept of having and using a set number of items that cause one of a number of effects in a game.

EDIT: Actually I was off, there have to be two items that combine to have a second effect in order to infringe on this:

A non-transitory computer-readable storage medium having stored therein an information processing program to be executed by a computer, the program causing the computer to execute:
setting, for each of a plurality of in-game options, a value for a parameter that indicates possession of at least one of a plurality of game objects;
selecting at least one of the plurality of game objects that is indicated as being possessed from the plurality of in-game options;
based on the selection of at least one of the game objects, enabling occurrence of a first in-game effect based on a type of the selected object;
based on occurrence of the first in-game effect, changing a value set for the parameter of the in-game option that corresponds to the selected object; and
based on determination that at least two of the values set for the parameters of the plurality of in-game options satisfy a combinational condition, enabling occurrence of a second in-game effect different from the first in-game effect.

Still, they basically own the concept of having, using and combining items in a videogame. Based on this patent. Which was actually granted.

I heard Hawkeye just got sued by Nintendo for doing a backwards falling arrow shot again. Poor guy. Has to fight off the Track Suite Mafia and now Nintendo ninjas. Dude just wants to make it home in time for Christmas.

ngl I'm not enjoying it as much rn but that has little to do with the game and more with the fact that I had a savegame on PS4 which I lost and now I have to replay a lot of the game that is still quite fresh in my memory

ah well
ah damn, I feel you, the same happened to me with P5R after 30+ hours. Was really hard to boot up the game again after that. Hope you'll have fun when you'll encounter something new !

I heard Hawkeye just got sued by Nintendo for doing a backwards falling arrow shot again. Poor guy. Has to fight off the Track Suite Mafia and now Nintendo ninjas. Dude just wants to make it home in time for Christmas.
Nintendo owned by Kingpin confirmed?!

The Legend of Zelda: Return of the Hookshot
oh wait shit time to shift gears from zelda hype to indie hype sorry

Oh hey look it's the literally only game I've ever contributed to the crowdfunding campaign for!

Aliisha looks more like what I expected out of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Loco Motive is the kind of dumb pun I absolutely adore and will certainly grab day one

Oh shit Dungeon Munchies looks great. Binding of Isaac-y. I wonder if it's random/procedural, they didn't say.

Looking forward to getting that demo for Figment 2, love music heavy focused games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom