• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to see these series someday remastered in HD and available at Netflix or other streaming platforms. These series were amazing back them and they are amazing now.

And you all know that sexy Dr Robotnik was the true protagonist of the show.

Hd remasters are highly unlikely to ever exist for this show. Discotek always looks for the best elements for their releases and the film elements for this show are gone. Their release is going to realistically be the best this show will ever look baring a miracle.

Do y'all think the Mario movie will be good?

Illumination, I don't feel they got a really outstanding portfolio. But at least it seems it's not the dumpster fire that the first Mario movie was and that Nintendo quietly gave up on it half way through pre-production lmao.

Detective Pikachu was really good and personally the final plot twist got me, despite losing the spotlight to Sonic.

The Analogue Pocket looks so good it hurts. I know I'm not going to use it. I sold my GB(A) games when I was a dumb kid, so I'ld have to start collecting games again, and there's no way I'm going to do that but... it looks so good. So pretty. I could play so many good games in a good screen...

Just give us GBA on the Switch, Nintendo, please.

Illumination, I don't feel they got a really outstanding portfolio. But at least it seems it's not the dumpster fire that the first Mario movie was and that Nintendo quietly gave up on it half way through pre-production lmao.

Detective Pikachu was really good and personally the final plot twist got me, despite losing the spotlight to Sonic.
Nope. Illumination's only good movie is the first Despicable Me. Funny enough, I wish Nintendo partnered with Sony Animation since they're in a renaissance currently, but Illumination produces safer and cheaper films.

I'd like to see these series someday remastered in HD and available at Netflix or other streaming platforms. These series were amazing back them and they are amazing now.

And you all know that sexy Dr Robotnik was the true protagonist of the show.

OOOOOOHHHHHH The case mimics the Sonic 2 Genesis boxart!!!

oh god what did I miss? Tweet is long since deleted
Someone with a name like "SUSpicious" (I forget the name but the first three letters were a capitalized "SUS") was ribbing samushunter for the Indie World prediction.

Illumination is pretty meh but the two directors are cool in my book. Pratt is a huge mark against it but the rest of the cast is decent to great. Will mostly depend on the script, I think.

You know, if want to talk favorite game opening themes, Can’t Stop from Getter Robo Daikessen is top tier for me.

Game even pulled an everyone’s here long before smash(2000), by pulling from the 4 released manga, both tv shows, Armageddon OVA and even creating a few things of its own(like an all female Getter team)

Detective Pikachu was great. I have no idea how Mario will turn out - I liked the Super Mario World cartoon as a kid and thought it felt 'right', but I also loved (and still appreciate) the Bob Hoskins movie because it just went totally off piste and decided to be a really grotesque '90s take on the concept. I can see the Illumination movie being more 'faithful' but adding more totally random!!!!! jokes and "well that just happened" quips. Who knows though, I thought their Grinch movie was fairly harmless (if anodyne) background viewing when I put it on last Christmas. It's going to have quite weighty expectations to live up to given Sonic's success and stuff like Wreck It Ralph already doing video game comedy action very well.

On the plus side, as somebody said, the directors last worked on Teen Titans Go To The Movies which was definitely very rAnDoM and quip-y, but actually really fun.

Illumination is pretty meh but the two directors are cool in my book. Pratt is a huge mark against it but the rest of the cast is decent to great. Will mostly depend on the script, I think.
Plus with Miyamoto's involvement it might not be absolute trash. It might be weird as fuck instead! And I'd actually prefer it.

Also this reminds me: I had a dream last night or the night before, that the trailer for the movie had dropped and Pratt was narrating it. And his Mario voice, rather than trying to imitate Charles Martinet's Mario, was imitating Bob Hoskins' Mario. It was disappointing and hilarious.

I think it will be good. The fact that Nintendo made Meledandri an Outside Director this late into production means they have confidence in it and are pleased with their partnership. I also think Miyamoto overseeing it is a great sign.

Looking forward to it. I love kids movies still, so I expect to at the most baseline to be entertained.

And I’m also a big fan of Pratt since Parks & Rec and Lego Movie. Don’t see that as a mark against it at all as I since he’s funny and I like his voice.

Gotta admit there aren't any big indie games left I want aside from Sports Story. The last one I wanted was Monster Train, and it's awesome as expected.

I'm hoping a brand new indie announcement captures my imagination.

I googled to make sure I spelled Martinet's name right, and uh...
6AChhNi.png
...the fuck, google?

Nope. Illumination's only good movie is the first Despicable Me movie. Funny enough, I wish Nintendo partnered with Sony Animation since they're on a renaissance currently, but Illumination is safer and cheaper.
My pipedream is Pixar. Imagine all the ideas we would get from a Nintendo and Pixar brainstorm session lmao.

Or Studio Ghibli... But...they...don't have experience at full-on 3D animation, which I feel current Nintendo was pushing for a Mario moive.

Sony, imo, doesn't have the best portfolio in the industry as a whole either, but yeah, they actually do have great movies, and I'm not only talking about Into the Spiderverse.
Wonder who's writing the script. At least we know this time it has Miyamoto's approval, but even so lol

the company that made the 3d sonic cutscenes also made the box art remders for mario kart 8 and splatoon, and they also made the 2019 lupin movie

I think it will be good. The fact that Nintendo made Meledandri an Outside Director this late into production means they have confidence in it and are pleased with their partnership. I also think Miyamoto overseeing it is a great sign.
Right, forgot about that. They're really confident.
Forgot about Miyamoto's Pikmin shorts too.

Faith restored lol.

companies/people that sometimes make bad things can also make good things

sometimes you gotta make something to get a paycheque
sometimes you gotta make something because you want to

the episode uploaded to youtube looked way way worse than crunchyroll. colors were off and frames were missing
The Blu ray won't look like that. I have no idea what happened with the YouTube video but Discotek has a high standard of quality control that wouldn't let something like that slip.

Hnnnnnng, I'll try to reserve my thoughts about this when the movie is out kii
It's entirely possible that he's a legit fan who'll do a good job and respect the source material with something wacky and creative, especially with Miyamoto's guidance. Maybe he just hasn't been given a chance to work on a strong project yet. 🤷‍♂️

companies/people that sometimes make bad things can also make good things

sometimes you gotta make something to get a paycheque
sometimes you gotta make something because you want to
Yes.

Nintendos year in review highlights for me:

Most played game:
MHR - 90 hours
Played games - 44
New games - 24
Hours played - 578
Docked/portable ratio - 79/21 (cool that this is tracked!)

The only thing of note for me was that my docked/undocked results were identical to the Brexit vote - 52% of the time I voted to leave the TV, but 48% of the time I voted to remain with it.

25 games played (31 last year)
361 hours played (390 last year)

Most played games
Bravely Default II (59 hours)
Monster Hunter Rise (56 hours)
Zelda: Skyward Sword (30 hours)

350 hours in dock mode. 12 in portable mode.

I keep thinking how Nintendo's copy of Spotify's Wrapped is still miles better than Apple's copy of Spotify's Wrapped
Imagine if it was more like Spotify's Wrapped though.

"You played a lot of genres this year, sis! But one really snatched your wig for the high score: RPGs! Your least played genre? First person shooters were found dead in a ditch.

Your gaming aura is...violent and janky. 🟥🟨

You always understood the assignment: you spent £449.91 on games this year. Thank you, bae, you've really drifted into our heart!"

36 games played (29 last year)
224 hours played (491 last year)

Most played games
Skyward Sword (35 hours)
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (28 hours)
Immortals Fenyx Rising (24 hours)

68 hours docked
155 hours handheld

That last statistic seems to be new I think, and it's very helpful. A pretty huge drop-off for me overall, though.

Ah, Annual Switch Day of Shame. I wish Nintendo made this information available to me in an app on a regular basis.

My playtime this year is 740 hours, which is 202 hours down versus last year - given I used my PS4 less this year than last, and given my Series S has only been a thing for a couple of weeks, the 202 hours less on Switch is thankfully an indication of doing more things that aren't videogames. Top played game was Monster Hunter Rise, at 185 hours.

A quick glance at the monthly breakdown suggests my playtime drops in months that are busier with rugby fixtures, which makes sense.

Every now and then I feel like a planner/Techo would be cool to have but I'd be afraid I'd just... not use it
lol I know what you mean. Most of my notes are digital due to the nature of my work, but I use them to sketch and doodle, so it works out.

Huh this time it only shows top 3 instead of top 5

So 344 hours, most played is NEO: TWEWY with 68

Docked/portable ratio is like 200:100

Honestly yeah, Illumination gets dunked on but they found a hit with Despicable Me and ran with it into the ground. Worst case scenario, it's about as formulaic as can be for mainstream while still finding modest success. Best case scenario, it's a genuine hit, meme factories go into overdrive, and Nintendo realizes they can continue to expand their portfolio by either licensing out more of their IP to movie (Zelda) and TV franchises (Metroid), Pikmin shorts get placed ahead of each movie like Pixar shorts, NSO develops interactive features with theatres like the Timeplay app with Cineplex ahead of movies, and at this point in the pipe dream world peace/hunger is solved, coronavirus is eradicated and we've successfully halted climate change.

Roughly 20 minutes?? That's Indie-cent
Indie Lewd

painful disappointment time

Nintendo Wrapped here we goooo
J5bGjwm.png

Aww, I gotta step it up. Well, actually if you count the fact that I played the Ori games on Xbox (they were on hella sale) then I'm closer to even.

3euFw2L.png

Good lord what the hell did I play last year?

0lKgDxg.png

Yeah this isn't surprising. 😅

m9PrWDf.png

Neither is this. ❤️

BC7Yrln.png

Gee, I wonder in what month I picked up DQXI?

pZWAZyV.png

HELL yes, shout-out to Horace.

nWuVfqn.png

lol

51 Games (49 last year)
1153 hours (1269 last year)

Animal Crossing: 549 Hours (last year it was 957 Hours)
Monster Hunter Rise: 281 Hours
Breath of the Wild: 51 Hours

566 Hours Docked
587 Hours Undocked

154 total games played (last year was 204)
1370 hours (last year was 1925 hours)
Animal Crossing was 222 hours
Hades 131 hours
Pokemon Diamond was 67. Which is inaccurate as it's at 80 hours.
1153 hours docked
217 hours in handheld

I had a lot more time to game last year with my job closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom