• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried to make a shitpost but it all fell apart because I realized I don’t actually know what the fuck hamburger helper is

Have you ever had, just, one of those days where everything is falling apart, where you yourself are falling apart, and you just really need a helping hand?

Yeah, hamburger experiences that too. Get it some help.

Have you ever had, just, one of those days where everything is falling apart, where you yourself are falling apart, and you just really need a helping hand?

Yeah, hamburger experiences that too. Get it some help.

And that's without getting into the existence of Roadkill Helper.

Anyhow, it's vaguely possible this pipe might be frozen.
Frozen pipes, you say?

11snowslide.jpg

About four hours into Ori and the Will of the Wisps. This game is phenomenal. Might overtake Metroid Dread as my favorite Metroidvania!

Also, fuck the Silent Woods. One of the Owl jumpscares made me turn the game off for the night lol

*nodnodnod*

Damn, beating Dread and Prime for you huh?
In terms of visuals? Yeah.... to be completely honest, I've always found Dread's graphics to be merely okay. They do the job. It's just not something I could ever make into a phone background or Instagram post. Metroid Prime Remastered is much better visually.

Ori though? Like if this wasn't 2D this would never hit 30FPS on Switch, much less 60FPS. I don't understand how it looks this freaking good. I can take a picture of any given scene and it would make for a perfect background. Holy shit. And I haven't even gotten to the two best looking areas from the trailers yet!

Looking back at the weekend pages ... man it sure gets creepy weird here on the weekends.

thumbnail makes that dude look like a baseball player about to play some baseball against the Brașov Bats

Aaaaand now i want a Castlevania Baseball game...

FTFY

Seriously haven't seen anything that beats the Ori games for me visually yet
the second's better than the first but they're both glowy overwrought messes in my world that commit some pretty ehhh layering sins

About four hours into Ori and the Will of the Wisps. This game is phenomenal. Might overtake Metroid Dread as my favorite Metroidvania!

Also, fuck the Silent Woods. One of the Owl jumpscares made me turn the game off for the night lol
I was pretty mixed on the first one, and then Will of the Wisps blew me away on first load. They fixed pretty much every complaint I had (the combat! the save system! the boss battles!) and made one of the best Metrosearchactionmapvanias while they were at it!

I was pretty mixed on the first one, and then Will of the Wisps blew me away on first load. They fixed pretty much every complaint I had (the combat! the save system! the boss battles!) and made one of the best Metrosearchactionmapvanias while they were at it!
the map system’s kind of a copout though

like printing your whole deal into an itty bitty png and having it highlight the radius you’ve been in is… it’s a representation, sure, but it lacks the sort of… “cartography” of others

and all of those things certainly improved the sequel, yeah, but they were real dicks about it

hilariously went out of their way to shit on Hollow Knight and then incorporate a ton of Hollow-Knight-esque features, then changing their tune from “it’s stupid and mid” to “nothing in the sequel is like Hollow Knight, idk, none of us played or liked Hollow Knight, we haven’t even heard of Hollow Knight”

plus now we know they were horrible to their staff, in a big way

and it still feels like it couldn’t decide what it’s main draw was — caught between what Ori was and what the sequel wanted to shift towards

it was at it’s best when it combined the escape sequences with boss fights — but that really only happened effectively once

there’s some tonally Disney horseshit that sits real bad with me

but at least in the first one, they established a sympathetic villain, one who you fuck over real bad and then try hard to do right by. sure. I think that’s one of the biggest things that stayed with people about it

but Will of the Wisps??????

FUCK that plot. fuck that shit so bad. fuck the politics of that.

literally you establish a disabled antagonist, who was harmed by environmental damage to the forest, and the best you can say about them is “well, disabled people who are angry about it aren’t worth saving or helping, so you have to kill them because there’s nothing else you can do”

FUCK THAT. WHAT A CROCK OF CRUEL HORSESHIT. they put that into the world!

like by Moon Studios’ logic, I would be the primary antagonist and final boss of Famiboards, and you should kill me because there’s nothing else to be done. compassion isn’t even worth a go.

so if you’re down with that… I guess I better get a lot scarier and more fortified lmao

You mean the old saying from Tennessee? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on.. shame on you. Fool me... uh.. you can't get fooled again.
i feel like you turned a trampoline and gravity east-side-up on the timeline — and I just jumped on it and dipped back twenty

if I’m back in the present now, that means I’m about to be propelled a solid sixty-to-eighty into the future

quick — should I do a Melon Grab or a Christ Air?

I wanted some opinions for the ST of Another Code. I got 3 titles in the works, if you cant tell the pattern, they are (altered) movie quotes 😅

-|ST| Remember Ashley Robbins
-|ST| I cant rely on my recollection
-|ST| I can remember everything. That's my curse, young lady.

Maybe its to tacky to use something along the lines of "remember".

I wanted some opinions for the ST of Another Code. I got 3 titles in the works, if you cant tell the pattern, they are (altered) movie quotes 😅

-|ST| Remember Ashley Robbins
-|ST| I cant rely on my recollection
-|ST| I can remember everything. That's my curse, young lady.

Maybe its to tacky to use something along the lines of "remember".
I haven’t played the game or the demo but the phrase “Recollectathon” popped into my head and I’m losing it

First zoid and third kotobukiya down. Way better than the MuvLuv kit I did from the same year

IMG_8107.jpg
IMG_8108.jpg

Has 3 different turret options which is fun. With the third pairing with optional boosters, a grenade launcher and minigun
IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

Couple rough spots like the flex tubes on the stomach and getting some delicate parts lined up. But pretty satisfying considering it was the second in the HMM line.

Time for a snack, anime then some game time
Zoids...

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time...

A long time...

digging into the Rolling Stones discography after having not given them much of a chance. Maybe they know what they're doing
It may be a basic choice but given how each of their album has its certifiable hits and some forgettable songs, I really feel Some Girls is the strongest in their discography for consistent quality across the board. No skips easy.

That being said, given how wide their discography is, I'm probably missing more than a few of their records myself, especially from the 60s and 70s 😋

I hope y’all are ready for me to push hard for Sargon, the protagonist of that new Prince of Persia masterpiece, to be in the next Smash Bros. His moveset feels tailor-made for Smash Bros.

quick — should I do a Melon Grab or a Christ Air?
I did a google image search for "christ air" and one of the results was a coffin with the American flag draped over it and I just know there's a political joke there

the map system’s kind of a copout though

like printing your whole deal into an itty bitty png and having it highlight the radius you’ve been in is… it’s a representation, sure, but it lacks the sort of… “cartography” of others

and all of those things certainly improved the sequel, yeah, but they were real dicks about it

hilariously went out of their way to shit on Hollow Knight and then incorporate a ton of Hollow-Knight-esque features, then changing their tune from “it’s stupid and mid” to “nothing in the sequel is like Hollow Knight, idk, none of us played or liked Hollow Knight, we haven’t even heard of Hollow Knight”

plus now we know they were horrible to their staff, in a big way

and it still feels like it couldn’t decide what it’s main draw was — caught between what Ori was and what the sequel wanted to shift towards

it was at it’s best when it combined the escape sequences with boss fights — but that really only happened effectively once

there’s some tonally Disney horseshit that sits real bad with me

but at least in the first one, they established a sympathetic villain, one who you fuck over real bad and then try hard to do right by. sure. I think that’s one of the biggest things that stayed with people about it

but Will of the Wisps??????

FUCK that plot. fuck that shit so bad. fuck the politics of that.

literally you establish a disabled antagonist, who was harmed by environmental damage to the forest, and the best you can say about them is “well, disabled people who are angry about it aren’t worth saving or helping, so you have to kill them because there’s nothing else you can do”

FUCK THAT. WHAT A CROCK OF CRUEL HORSESHIT. they put that into the world!
Admittedly I played the game right after my first kid was born and I was tired beyond belief, so I barely knew what was happening half the time. That is shitty!

I did know about the devs being shitters (not the Hollow Knight part, which is amusing since they borrowed so liberally from it), though. It is one of many reasons I‘ve never revisited it, and with this I doubt I will!

I hope y’all are ready for me to push hard for Sargon, the protagonist of that new Prince of Persia masterpiece, to be in the next Smash Bros. His moveset feels tailor-made for Smash Bros.
With all 7 costumes:

Sargon
2008 Prince
Two Thrones Shadow Prince
Warrior Within Edgy Prince
Red Orb's 3D Prince
PoP2 Turban Prince
Original White suit Prince

That aerial down+melee attack is so satisfying

Down+A, twin slice, press A once more, slam.

Ubisoft needs a rep, and while I fully expect Rayman to take priority, I hope an exception can be made to get Sargon in as well

Wait wouldn't "Tonari no Seinfeld" mean "Next Door to Seinfeld?"

So.. does that mean the main character in the Japanese release of Seinfeld is actually.. Kramer???

Did they pull a 4Kids Cardcaptors localization or..?
It's like calling your novel "The Great Gatsby," and then having the actual protagonist not be Gatsby, but Gatsby's dweeb next-door-neighbour who spends a bunch of time worrying about turning 30 years old.

For the first time in over a decade I find myself in the market for a new pad of Post-Its. This is what taking notes on everything will do to you, folks!

It's like calling your novel "The Great Gatsby," and then having the actual protagonist not be Gatsby, but Gatsby's dweeb next-door-neighbour who spends a bunch of time worrying about turning 30 years old.

E6Ga4edXsAI1EFX.jpg

I learned a not so fun fact today. Not sure I can watch the Predator the same way again. The actor who played Billy was apparently so violent they needed to hire a bodyguard to follow him to protect everyone from him.

I was re-reading Great Gatsby for the first time since grade 10 English class towards the end of 2021. I completely forgot Nick Carroway was turning 30 in the book (having just turned 30 myself in October that year), and his reaction of only realizing it was his birthday at 4PM made me set my book down on my nightstand and stare at the ceiling from my bed for about ten minutes.

I still have no idea if it helped mitigate or exacerbate my own angst of my age.

my neighbor seinfeld

idk if that’s the translation, I’m just out here ruining classics
Tonari is generally used as "next to," and in the context of a living space is usually translated as "neighbor," I think, so you're right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom