• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three shocking admissions:

1) I’m a lurker who basically never posts
2) I was also perma’d by Era
and worst of all

3) I have never played a baseball game

I really need to get back to Sea of Stars, I had a stupidly busy week. Happy it's October now, though! After roughly today or tomorrow, the weather is looking great, too. This had really better be the end of summer.

Finally some capeshit I can get behind:

F7Ts9AzXYAABQNc
Quick reminder that Batman once figured out that a Japanese woman was the Martian Manhunter in disguise because he was using Sailor Mars' civilian name as an alias.

That's the face of a conflicted man who isn't sure on who to support in this fight.

Quick reminder that Batman once figured out that a Japanese woman was the Martian Manhunter in disguise because he was using Sailor Mars' civilian name as an alias.

That's the face of a conflicted man who isn't sure on who to support in this fight.

Batman was always kinda the only DC character to ever click with me. And now I see why.

So I am playing FF6 and apparently I can go immediately to Kefka's tower now I've got the airship. First I want to get the two main characters that are still missing (Locke and Shadow). Is there anything else I should do? A specific sidequest? Or should I do as much as I can before entering the tower?

We've gotten some wonderful (pun absolutely intended) answers to our first weekly question!

As for my journey, I started lurking on NeoGAF back in 2016 thanks to Nintendo Switch rumors and leaks. I ended up sticking around because I liked seeing people talk about games and the occasional off topic section. When the first mass exodus happened, I hopped onto ResetEra, again as a lurker. That happening with the release of Super Mario Odyssey made it particularly memorable - the dual OT by @TheMoon on both sites was a fun touch. I did have a school email at the time, but I was also a pretty shy person. I was content to just keep reading. So, that's what I did. Followed threads on gaming and etcetera. And then the Nintendo Direct and General Discussion threads came into being, and that became the one major topic I lurked. Sometimes my Era experience was just going on that thread. And it was so active that I could do just that, with a lot of its own regulars and its own culture.

And then things on ResetEra went south. I didn't have access to any Discord server, so I heard about the transitions in hushed tones in a much more...dour thread than usual. Soon as the site was mentioned outside of hidden content, I was determined to make an account. No more lurking. And that's how I became member #200, part of that October 1st wave. I'm glad I finally joined one of these forums. I've met lots of great folks - and now great friends - and I get to have a space to talk about how much I love Mario! Here's to many more years of Famiboards and the community surrounding it.

The raffles are still gonna happen! I just got busy with things outside of Fami. My goal is to have them done by the end of the week, but we'll see with work stuff. It'll absolutely be done before Wonder's release, though!
No prob, I know real life gets wild, thought I’d check

So I am playing FF6 and apparently I can go immediately to Kefka's tower now I've got the airship. First I want to get the two main characters that are still missing (Locke and Shadow). Is there anything else I should do? A specific sidequest? Or should I do as much as I can before entering the tower?
You can do it if you want but it's going to be harder because Kefka's tower is a split dungeon, you will need 3 separated groups to clear it . It's probably the best to get all the characters as you will get better equipment and magicites from some of the sidequests of hte missing party members

Pangea  Ultima? Someone get Clive
I would want to go extinct too if humanity became one big Final Fantasy XVI reference
JUST LIKE BREATH OF THE WILD!

Goddamn, could Nintendo use this cover for the battle in Super Mario RemakePG? Please? Personal favor to me? Atma's been brought in to work on actual game OSTs before, shouldn't be a biggie.

The best thing about this is that, supposedly, the writer (Mark Millar) actually thought the name translated to 'Poet of Mars'. He never intended for Batman to be a weeb, but this is just way funnier,

Goddamn, could Nintendo use this cover for the battle in Super Mario RemakePG? Please? Personal favor to me? Atma's been brought in to work on actual game OSTs before, shouldn't be a biggie.

Not so secret when they have the area in the latest trailer!

So which of them is the bigger weeb? Batman for immediately recognizing Sailor Mars name or Martian Manhunter for picking it to begin with?

So which of them is the bigger weeb? Batman for immediately recognizing Sailor Mars name or Martian Manhunter for picking it to begin with?
We could reasonably assume Martian Manhunter doesn’t have the best grasp of Earth culture, thus he could have picked Sailor Mars simply for having Mars in the name. Whereas Batman is a literal billionaire who spends an inordinate amount of time in his personal cave. Yeah I’m leaning Batman on this one.

DRPG bug is biting me. Maybe I need to do the Mary Skelter trilogy
If you do, let me know how they are! I get a good DRPG itch now and then, and now that Galleria is done with I need another one before long.

We could reasonably assume Martian Manhunter doesn’t have the best grasp of Earth culture, thus he could have picked Sailor Mars simply for having Mars in the name. Whereas Batman is a literal billionaire who spends an inordinate amount of time in his personal cave. Yeah I’m leaning Batman on this one.
Gotta admit. Martian Manhunter would have it super easy as a cosplayer. Shape-shifting into any costume or appearance.

I saw Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves.

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about D&D except the name. That was a genuinely fun movie. Only watched it cause i enjoy Chris Pine as an actor. And that the film was described as a “fun light hearted adventure”.

I would recommend it to everyone. Lot of good comedy in it.

I think this is my favorite cover of his, and he’s had some bangers over the years

Sheesh that new Kinnikuman anime is going to be long(like multiple seasons) despite covering a single arc that arc is 22 Volumes long(208 chapters. For comparison that is the length from the start of OG Dragonball till the point Goku arrives on Namek. Tho unlike Dragonball every character involved gets time to shine, which is a ton of them XD). Should be a wild ride

Nintendo Switch L, for all the Ls Sony and Microsoft will be holding when it sells a billion units.

So uh

There's a thing in Sea of Stars where the backers are represented as monuments in a giant crypt, with messages and dedications, and some even have statues with representations of themselves or of family or friends or pets. It's really sweet. But Zion Grassl from NintendoLife did something I thought Fami might appreciate:

Skip to 5:15 if you want to see just the part I'm talking about:

I swear I'm not crying.

Last edited:
slight amendment: switch 2 can't be called a bad name since we don't know what the product is. if it's just a more powerful switch then it's a fitting name for a minor upgrade (e.g. super game boy and super game boy 2). it's more accurate to say that I'm hoping for a product that is deserving of a different name

I'm here to remind you all that "Nintendo Switch 2" is not a good name for the next Nintendo console
Gimmie a better name.

Here’s mine: “The New Nintendo Switch from the year 2024 and beyond. not to be confused with the year 2017 version”

perfect marketing right there folks

what is a video game? i’ve been in the woods

So uh

There's a thing in Sea of Stars where the backers are represented as monuments in a giant crypt, with messages and dedications, and some even have statues with representations of themselves or of family or friends or pets. It's really sweet. But Zion Grassl from NintendoLife did something I thought Fami might appreciate:

Skip to 5:15 if you want to see just the part I'm talking about:

I swear I'm not crying.

"Skip to 5:15"

Video is only 5 minute and 5 seconds long

slight amendment: switch 2 can't be called a bad name since we don't know what the product is. if it's just a more powerful switch then it's a fitting name for a minor upgrade (e.g. super game boy and super game boy 2). it's more accurate to say that I'm hoping for a product that is deserving of a different name
'2' doesn't have to mean minor upgrade. They could shove in a dozen different controller features, OS features, a camera, wireless streaming, and so on and still call it '2', many products nowadays do so. I don't think there is any significant central feature they could add to highlight as a part of the console name while avoiding confusion which is why I don't believe in names 'Switch AR', 'Switch 4K'. However I'll still beat the drum of names like 'Switch Advance' and 'Switch Super' because they're more exciting sounding and can be applied on many levels e.g. 'super haptics' 'AR (advanced reality)' instead of just being a reference to T239's power. Though these names need extra careful marketing to avoid being dismissed as an optional Switch pro model.

Baseball season is over, which means reading season has returned.
At least until basketball season starts.

Sheesh that new Kinnikuman anime is going to be long(like multiple seasons) despite covering a single arc that arc is 22 Volumes long(208 chapters. For comparison that is the length from the start of OG Dragonball till the point Goku arrives on Namek. Tho unlike Dragonball every character involved gets time to shine, which is a ton of them XD). Should be a wild ride
Not to be pedantic, but chapter 208 of Dragon ball is still early in the Saiyan arc, when Piccolo and Gohan are training. :p

Season 4 Columbo rankings update:
  1. A Stitch in Crime
  2. Any Old Port in a Storm
  3. Murder by the Book
  4. By Dawn's Early Light
  5. Suitable For Framing
  6. A Friend in Deed
  7. Negative Reaction
  8. Death Lends a Hand
  9. Candidate for a Crime
  10. An Exercise in Fatality
  11. Double Exposure