• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna miss you Bellydrum 💜 Get you a little bit of Monica in your life, a little bit of Erica by your side, and one day you and me will touch the sky in another part of the internet~~

Also Pikmin 4 got an update

Ver. 1.0.2 (Released September 26, 2023)​

• Bug Fixes (Applied after Reloading Save Data)
    If you experience any of the following issues, please download this update, then reload your save data from the file-selection screen.
    • Fixed an issue where some treasures would disappear when the player rewound time.
    • Fixed an issue where dialogue would fail to proceed when the player talked to castaways with side missions.
    • Fixed an issue where all characters would disappear from the Rescue Command Post.
    • Fixed an issue where the player would not have enough glow sap needed for treatment. (If the player doesn’t have enough glow sap as a result of this bug, their stock will be replenished with that amount at the end of the day.)
  • Other Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where the player could significantly increase the number of Pikmin.
    • Fixed an issue where the player’s screen would remain dark after they skipped a cutscene.
    • Fixed an issue where some treasures would stop being transportable. (If the treasure was already in a state where it couldn’t be transported, it’ll return to its original position after three in-game days—then the player will be able to transport it.)
    • Fixed other issues to improve gameplay experience.
  • Regarding Loading Times
    • A progress bar has been added to loading screens so players can see progress on loading times. (For players who’ve purchased the digital version, loading times can be shortened by moving the software data to internal storage.)
I know I said before I think Pikmin 4 is the perfect length of game, but a small part of me does lament that the DLC dream is probably dead

Ugh sore but got a Lego set inventoried today. Gotta rebuild it tomorrow tho. Time to rest and game

Not having a go at anyone, but please try to familiarise yourselves with the some of the circumstances of this departure before dropping the sad farewells (granted theres a fair amount of context not readily available). Not everyone is sad about this situation, some for pretty damn good reason.

Not having a go at anyone, but please try to familiarise yourselves with the some of the circumstances of this departure before dropping the sad farewells (granted theres a fair amount of context not readily available). Not everyone is sad about this situation, some for pretty damn good reason.
if I’m being honest, I thought there were a few time where they should’ve gotten a ban or warnings when they were admin and always felt it didn’t happen cause of their position.

some of their post just felt like bullying.

As someone who mostly sticks to this thread, where can I start?

If Switch in 2023 was a person
93-year-old-Shen-Hua-fitness-training-in-China.jpg

i want to make a pre-release Switch 2 ST thread it'll be like the tech thread but people will actually say words normal people can understand and not be weirdly toxic sometimes

i want to make a pre-release Switch 2 ST thread it'll be like the tech thread but people will actually say words normal people can understand and not be weirdly toxic sometimes
I feel like that would require a lot of immediate threadbans

Yeah, I feel bad if I was part in causing someone to delete their account, and ultimately I can't begrudge people if they had fond memories with Bellydrum. But there's WAY more context than just someone leaving because of minor issues or personal time. It's probably best to leave it at that but I did feel that needed to be repeated.

It's unfortunate, because bellydrum was one of the catalysts in launching this website, but he never seemed to really enjoy his time here, and was often antagonistic towards the membership.

On a less serious note, damn have I been thinking about this song a lot today

Can't remember when it plays in FFX and I need to get back to that game, but damn it's so beautiful. Funnily enough, I was thinking of it as a snow theme for some reason when it came to mind and I couldn't remember where it was from, I could easily see it being remixed to fit that kinda vibe (well the part before 1:01 at least)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

You gonna be bad
You gonna be bold
You gonna be wiser
You gonna be hard
You gonna be tough
You gonna be stronger
You gonna be cool
You gonna be calm
You gonna stay together
All I know, all I know, is love will bring sexy back since what goes around comes around and this I promise you so cry me a river because you can't stop the feeling

It's unfortunate, because bellydrum was one of the catalysts in launching this website, but he never seemed to really enjoy his time here, and was often antagonistic towards the membership.
I remember recently I posted in agreement with him and still found a way to reply to me in a very aggressive way. I try to not start fights or cause trouble, but no matter what he never seemed to chill out. Hopefully he finds a better outlet.

The fact that someone made an entire song out of that phrase is insane
I spent the past month watching a musical series that contained a whole song written out of the phrase "duh."

Do not underestimate the ability of songwriters. They have a power most mortals can't comprehend.

I feel like the t-shirt i posted last page is kinda on topic about song texts. ^^

Now onto New Game++! The third (and final) playthrough is the best, though, ‘cause you get access to the Lv. 4 Fit Skills which makes every Fit Skill on par with each other, allowing you to freely use whatever skills you want, including the ones that you probably didn’t use much before because they were outclassed by others in terms of damage output.

Wait, final playthrough? I thought the game would endlessly loop everytime you beat it?

Bummer, i don't want to set up my own courses, i kinda like that the decision was made for me in the story mode.

YZJaPFD.png

a Pikmin for your troubles

Ah, the fabled Liftmin. You can also identify them by their sounds "Do you" and "even".

Wait, final playthrough? I thought the game would endlessly loop everytime you beat it?

Bummer, i don't want to set up my own courses, i kinda like that the decision was made for me in the story mode.
I mean, there’s nothing stopping you from restarting from the beginning again after your third playthrough, but there are no more new courses after that. I think by that point the game expects you to have made exercising with the game enough of a routine that you can fully move over to your own workouts in Custom mode. That’s what I’m doing now and honestly it’s so much more efficient than playing Adventure mode, since it cuts out a lot of the downtime in menus and such from that. I just have three different custom workouts that I switch between each time I play, and a fourth that I always do in addition to one of those three each session.

I mean, there’s nothing stopping you from restarting from the beginning again after your third playthrough, but there are no more new courses after that. I think by that point the game expects you to have made exercising with the game enough of a routine that you can fully move over to your own workouts in Custom mode. That’s what I’m doing now and honestly it’s so much more efficient than playing Adventure mode, since it cuts out a lot of the downtime in menus and such from that. I just have three different custom workouts that I switch between each time I play, and a fourth that I always do in addition to one of those three each session.

You know, there's a few exercises that i would never put into a level myself, 'cause i hate them (looking at you, Mountain Climber and basically half of the Yoga ones) and/or because i think they're too exhausting and i'm very lazy, so i kinda like that the game puts them into some levels and "forces" me to do them. ^^

I mean, i don't / wouldn't need more levels or new levels or that, just a steady increase in the enemy "strength" with each new playthrough.

It's also that i kinda like this ... "general workout" the levels try to do usually. I'm not one starting up the game thinking "Today i'm going to train my legs".

But i can definitely do without the mini games, especially the ones blocking the level progress path.

Adventure of Dai really snuck up on me. Hope it's good, it's been a while since we had a Dragon Quest game with good music.

I take it Adventure of Dai reviews are only out tomorrow?

I'm not buying it, but I want it to review really well and then I can complain about not buying it.
If reviews and overall impressions are good, I will buy it. Eventually, once it has gone on sale.

Right now, I really don't need to add to my already substantial backlog. 😬

My real wish for an Adventure of Dai video game is for it to somehow continue the story from where the manga and the reboot left off.

Just another variation on my "boohoo too many RPGs" shtick.

I'd probably be more likely to buy if it had a physical release in Europe. If it's good, I'll wait for a sale on the eShop. I'm ready for some quality Dragon Quest.
Exactly the same for me.

Always happy to see so many Dragon Quest fans here 👀

Just another variation on my "boohoo too many RPGs" shtick.

I'd probably be more likely to buy if it had a physical release in Europe. If it's good, I'll wait for a sale on the eShop. I'm ready for some quality Dragon Quest.

Wait what? It comes out this week and doesn't even have a physical release here?

Talking about sending it to die...

Wait what? It comes out this week and doesn't even have a physical release here?

Yup... no physical, in the middle of a busy time (year tbf) and it's Dragon Quest Dai. This thing is barely gonna sell in Europe I mean I won't even get it this year lol

Yup... no physical, in the middle of a busy time (year tbf) and it's Dragon Quest Dai. This thing is barely gonna sell in Europe I mean I won't even get it this year lol

Well, the lack of physical at least puts it out of my buy/look into list for a long time.

Not that i'm sad about it ... gonna get a new smartphone next month so i appreciate everything that goes easy on the wallet.

Square Enix: "our middle tier and lower budget titles don't sell, we'll have to make fewer of these and go all in on the blockbuster market!"

Also Square Enix: repeatedly sends middle tier games out to die

Square Enix: "our middle tier and lower budget titles don't sell, we'll have to make fewer of these and go all in on the blockbuster market!"

I hope they never dare doing this shit with an Asano game.

Well, the lack of physical at least puts it out of my buy/look into list for a long time.

Not that i'm sad about it ... gonna get a new smartphone next month so i appreciate everything that goes easy on the wallet.
Looking at the Pixel 8 perhaps? If so we're the same lol Digital makes it less interesting to get now and I'll probably get a new phone next month (but not the Pixel 8, that one will be too expensive for me. Hoping for a deal on the 7)

Also Square Enix: let’s start pushing SaGa really hard for some reason lately

Looking at the Pixel 8 perhaps? If so we're the same lol Digital makes it less interesting to get now and I'll probably get a new phone next month (but not the Pixel 8, that one will be too expensive for me. Hoping for a deal on the 7)

8 Pro, actually. Cause in the US that one comes with a "preorder bonus" in form of the Pixel Watch 2.

So if that offer also happens to be in the german Google store, i'm getting that one.

If not, regular 8.

Also Square Enix: let’s start pushing SaGa really hard for some reason lately

No matter who is or will be CEO of SQEX, Kawazu has dirt on them.

Kawazu has dirt on the whole company.

star-trek-hes-dead-jim.gif

I'm playing Rygar: The Legendary Adventure again after years in the hopes that I will finally finish it this time. It's so cheesy and janky but there's a certain charm to these 6th generation c-tier games. Good template for a new StarTropics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom