• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from field work. How's everyone doing?
chibi-robo-fire.gif

so looks like both f-zero 99 and mario vs donkey kong reamke are from NST. great comeback from them after years of just doing ports/assist work.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this Direct and Nintendo Switch's 2024 lineup screams Switch 2 releasing in Spring 2024. The 2024 Switch games seem like games they toss on the old system to keep that player base pleased while the new system is out.

That new SaGa game looks so underwhelming that even @mazi was like "Yo, I'm not gonna make that thread" lmao

I wonder if there will ever be a year so free of enticing (for me) rumours, that I'm happy to not stay up watching TGA. Because it is not this year.

They could’ve announced Metroid Prime 4 and people still would’ve found things to be mad about 😂
My expectations were very much reasonable in contrast.

I mean, I'm not the one to blame that they did, in fact, not announce Xenoblade Warriors like I wanted them to, right? Riiight?

Somewhere on the internet in 2024:

"This Thousand-Year Door game sucks. I wish Nintendo would take the series back to its roots and make Paper Mario games like the original and The Thousand-Year Door".
"No way. New Paper Mario is so much better. The Thousand-Year Door is 10 times better than The Thousand-Year Door, which is old and dated at this point."
"Fuck you!. The Thousand-Year Door doesn't even half the charm as The Thousand-Year Door. And the gameplay and characters are so much better"
"Get over the past behind and move on. The Thousand-Year Door is where IS wants to take the series. They're not interested in making games like The Thousand-Year Door anymore"

No Sin & Punishment 3
No Wave Race 128
No BotW3
No AlphaDream being resurrected from the dead
No Xenogears + Xenosaga remakes in the way they were initially intended

fuck you, Nintendo, fuck you for getting my hopes up and dashing them into a thousand pieces

Big Bird was always temporary.

Eyeball house is retired because I'm not trying to sell a game featuring that one. You'll get Baba Yaga chicken leg hut and you'll like it!
smh I get more stability from Nintendo firmware updates geez :rolleyes:

fuck you, Nintendo, fuck you for getting my hopes up and dashing them into a thousand year door
fixed

I have to admit that Eyuden, SaGa and Unicorn Overlord are hyping me a lot
And I cant wait to try Stat Ocean demo out, too!

You know, I was quite happy with the idea F ZERO 99 would be a game I'd dip into every now and again and be thoroughly mediocre at... but I just finished 2nd overall in my first grand prix, achieving higher finishes each time, culminating in a 1st place finish in the final race.

Yassss

You know, I was quite happy with the idea F ZERO 99 would be a game I'd dip into every now and again and be thoroughly mediocre at... but I just finished 2nd overall in my first grand prix, achieving higher finishes each time, culminating in a 1st place finish in the final race.

Yassss
Now this is a king right here!

Yassss
What’s that specialty skin for the vehicle look like?

Had the chance to get back into NSO (thx neil), and... where are the GBA games?
Just realized, there are only 12 released, and 4 of those are...
actually also on the SNES since its the Mario Ports...

Stuff im Honestly missing:
Advance wars (ok, was to be expected...)
Tales of Phantasia (arent nintendo and bamco good?)
Golden Sun/ Kirby (ok, is on the way, but ... when?)
Metroid Zero Mission

Four Swords (with online play!)
Wario Land 4 !
The other Fire Emblem games

And some third parties that should be posible, at least some:
Astro Boy (genuinly great game)
Sonic Advance (again, seing how they have a whole sega platform with NSO)
Breath of Fire
ChuChu Rocket!
Street Fighter Alpha 3
boktai
drill dozer

F-Zero 99 has me kind of

larry-david-unsure.gif

I just wish they did not put this out in a vacuum. At least hint at more coming in the future.

Had the chance to get back into NSO (thx neil), and... where are the GBA games?
Just realized, there are only 12 released, and 4 of those are...
actually also on the SNES since its the Mario Ports...

Stuff im Honestly missing:
Advance wars (ok, was to be expected...)
Tales of Phantasia (arent nintendo and bamco good?)
Golden Sun/ Kirby (ok, is on the way, but ... when?)
Metroid Zero Mission

Four Swords (with online play!)
Wario Land 4 !
The other Fire Emblem games

And some third parties that should be posible, at least some:
Astro Boy (genuinly great game)
Sonic Advance (again, seing how they have a whole sega platform with NSO)
Breath of Fire
ChuChu Rocket!
Street Fighter Alpha 3
boktai
drill dozer
One of the fire emblem games did come out on Japan NSO. Wasn’t there only one FE released on GBA in the west? But the larger point stands. These are being held off as “marquee” releases for whatever reason.

One of the fire emblem games did come out on Japan NSO. Wasn’t there only one FE released on GBA in the west? But the larger point stands. These are being held off as “marquee” releases for whatever reason.
Nah, there where 3, sacred stone was also released.

Looking through the list...yeah, outside of the handful GBA was really huge with A grade third party releases, and those are...rare on this service. And they also don't put Pokémon on it, so...

Gave F-Zero 99 a go, the biggest thing I got out of it was an urge to play Tetris 99 after a long time. I've been playing Tetris Effect more recently, and there's some subtle difference with the controls that really messes with my inputs (excuses!)

as a shareholder, I must remain objective. The sales of previous F-zero games dictated an attempted revival but not a big investment. F-zero 99 fits that bill.

As a fan, it hurts a bit. But at least FZ99 looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom