• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit I was a moron and cracked my phone screen. Is putting on a screen protector AFTER it's cracked a decent idea to avoid paying like $300 to replace the screen? Or is that a horrible idea?
hahahaha I don't know whether or not that's a good idea but if you do it post the results here

Been playing more SMT V and I have to say the exploration in this game is absolutely excellent. Like the last time, I had this much fun exploring in a game was BOTW.

I've heard later areas get bigger which is crazy to me.

hahahaha I don't know whether or not that's a good idea but if you do it post the results here
The thing is, I don't mind having a crack on the screen, I just don't want it to cut my fingers while I'm swiping or have chunks of glass fall out periodically into my lunch salad.

I love a good crunch in my salad but preferably one that doesn't cause internal bleeding.

Well made my first gaming ST… not sure it’ll get a ton of traffic till Rita drops or Season 5 is announced

When is the next American game trial? The online membership of the guy that I bought the Switch ends in early December, and I can't even find where the free trials are lol. Brazil eShop is based on the American so I think we get the same trials? I'm eager for some free games. Warframe looks absolutely stunning in handheld mode(also pretty weird that I had to enter in a US account to download it because it's not on Brazilian eShop but the game has Portuguese subtitles and text so what the heck?).
the last one just ended last week (TWEWY 1)

I’m actually not enjoying SMT V lol

I don’t have a lot of time to play so losing progress like that game punishes you just keeps me from wanting to play.
Even with some deaths, I've lost basically zero progress, honestly. As long as you save a lot and make good use of the "warp back to the save point before doing anything major" feature, and you're careful, it's not bad at all. The game never makes you do any long stretches without saving, or bosses without a save point nearby (at least AFAIK)

That feeling when you place an order with Gamestop and missed that Xenoblade Chronicles DE was also on sale. Oh well, there's always next year.

We should start with the predictions then.

Here's a wild guess: Square will ditch the cloud versions of KH1.5+2.5 and announce that they'll bring them natively.

And announcement of Final Fantasy Tactics & Tactics Ogre Remastered versions.

And Dragon Quest 3 remake dated for September.

And Final Fantasy IX remake with no target date.

And Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary collection.

This is gonna be a s Square mega show isn't it.
My predictions for the January/Febuary direct

New Trailer For Kirby with release date

Reveal Trailer For Amiibo Festival 2 : With Horses

New trailer for M+R with release date

Aonuma pops up and says they need more time to work at botw and announces WW or TP remaster for switch

*Tanabe comes on and says they are still working on prime 4 but here is Metroid Prime HD (*not here if at TGA)

New Trailer for Bayonetta with release date

BIG nso update with tons of new games and a announcement that Game Boy family of systems to be coming soon

Teaser for Resident Evil Outrage and Resi Village will come to switch

Ends with the Xenoblade 3 Teaser

My predictions for the January/Febuary direct

New Trailer For Kirby with release date

Reveal Trailer For Amiibo Festival 2 : With Horses

New trailer for M+R with release date

Aonuma pops up and says they need more time to work at botw and announces WW or TP remaster for switch

*Tanabe comes on and says they are still working on prime 4 but here is Metroid Prime HD (*not here if at TGA)

New Trailer for Bayonetta with release date

BIG nso update with tons of new games and a announcement that Game Boy family of systems to be coming soon

Teaser for Resident Evil Outrage and Resi Village will come to switch

Ends with the Xenoblade 3 Teaser
Sounds like a pretty great direct to me.
The only thing that would crush it is the Zelda delay. I think it would be handled like the Animal Crossing New Horizons delay was. Like, they didn't show the game again until E3, where they didn't talk about it being delayed, just gave a great trailer and with a solid March 2020 date at the end.

Sounds like a pretty great direct to me.
The only thing that would crush it is the Zelda delay. I think it would be handled like the Animal Crossing New Horizons delay was. Like, they didn't show the game again until E3, where they didn't talk about it being delayed, just gave a great trailer and with a solid March 2020 date at the end.
If Zelda is 2022 then that's their E3 game for sure. I don't think there's anything else in their known lineup to really compete with that.

I don’t know why the thread’s been silent for over an hour but I want to give 2022 prediction:

April: Advance Wars and Kirby
May: Horse Stinker
June: Splatoon
July: Fire Emblem
August: Mario Rabbids
September: Metroid Prime HD
October: 2D Mario (from Kyoto EPD)
November: Zelda if it actually makes it. If it doesn’t then move the 2D Mario here.

Add in Bayonetta 3, a couple more unexpected titles and maybe Xenoblade in December if there’s no Zelda.

My wild prediction: Zelda will be the Xenoblade 2 of 2022 where Nintendo keeps saying it's coming out in 2022 but many will keep insisting that it's not, only for the game to actually be released in 2022 like Nintendo said it would. Like for every presentation where Zelda doesn't get an exact release date, people will say that's proof that it's not coming out this year and only when the discourse has reached its maximum insanity will Nintendo finally announced the definitive release date.

I don’t know why the thread’s been silent for over an hour but I want to give 2022 prediction:

November: Zelda if it actually makes it. If it doesn’t then move the 2D Mario here.

Add in Bayonetta 3, a couple more unexpected titles and maybe Xenoblade in December if there’s no Zelda.
This is pretty close to my opinion of where things will fall. And I imagine that, as a fellow Pikmin man, you're manifesting a Kyoto 2D Mario to free up staff for 4? If only...

Good list i would just change horse stinker and kirby dates

Also made myself a new shiny tag name

What is this “Horse Stinker” game? A casual game featuring animals or something?
yes, actually. there are rumors of a casual game that even contacts at Nintendo think is a "stinker" (confirmed not a pun, the game just sucks). it doesn't have Wario but a horse person might show up. that's all we know.

This is pretty close to my opinion of where things will fall. And I imagine that, as a fellow Pikmin man, you're manifesting a Kyoto 2D Mario to free up staff for 4? If only...
EPD Kyoto was definitely hiring for a 2D project in 2019 so that didn’t come out of thin air. I wasn’t really thinking about Pikmin but that’s an interesting prospect.
What is this “Horse Stinker” game? A casual game featuring animals or something?
It comes from Emily Rogers saying there would be some casual game next year that includes a horse person. She called it a “stinker” as in, a bad/mediocre game.

EPD Kyoto was definitely hiring for a 2D project in 2019 so that didn’t come out of thin air. I wasn’t really thinking about Pikmin but that’s an interesting prospect.
that's my secret, catalyst

I'm always thinking about pikmin

Y'all know for a damn fact I always get involved with these predictions lists.

January: Pokemon Legends Arceus

February:

March: Triangle Strategy, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2

April: Advance Wars 1+2, Kirby and the Forgotten Land

May: Splatoon 3

June: Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope

July: Fire Emblem remake, Monster Hunter Rise Sunborn

August: Metroid Prime remake

September: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, Detective Pikachu 2

October: Bayonetta 3, Resident Evil Outrage

November: New Super Mario Bros Switch

I'm honestly just remixing my predictions at this point to avoid sounding like a broken record.

Last edited:
Got Astral Chain and Star Allies in the Gamestop sale. I've wanted both for a while, but didn't think either would ever drop to a price I was okay with. Looking forward to starting one of them (probably Kirby first) after Pokemon.

I can't believe this calendar is spoiling Nintendo's entire 2022 release lineup

January: Super Mario Run Deluxe
February: Splatoon Legacy Edition
March: Animal Crossing: Everybody Go to the Festival
April: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Picross
May: Pikmin 3.8 ~ Final Chapter Prologue
June: Metroid Prime 2D Demake
July: Yoshi's Flippin' Island
August: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Picross Volume 2
September: Animal Karting
October: Splatoon Game & Watch (with a special version of Judge)
November: Mario Party 10 Deluxe
December: The Sequel to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (is now in development)

I can't believe this calendar is spoiling Nintendo's entire 2022 release lineup

January: Super Mario Run Deluxe
February: Splatoon Legacy Edition
March: Animal Crossing: Everybody Go to the Festival
April: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Picross
May: Pikmin 3.8 ~ Final Chapter Prologue
June: Metroid Prime 2D Demake
July: Yoshi's Flippin' Island
August: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Picross Volume 2
September: Animal Karting
October: Splatoon Game & Watch (with a special version of Judge)
November: Mario Party 10 Deluxe
December: The Sequel to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (is now in development)

Real talk though, it's weird that Pikmin is on the calendar instead of something like Advance Wars, Kirby, Xenoblade, or another Splatoon or Zelda render. Metroid is on there too, but that can be excused with Dread and the upcoming Prime remake. Why is Pikmin there?

Real talk though, it's weird that Pikmin is on the calendar instead of something like Advance Wars, Kirby, Xenoblade, or another Splatoon or Zelda render. Metroid is on there too, but that can be excused with Dread and the upcoming Prime remake. Why is Pikmin there?
because A) it's better than any of that trash and B) (real answer) stuff like this tends to be limited to Nintendo creations. Think about the Nintendo Store window decorations, for example

The 2021 My Nintendo calendar had a month for Pikmin too.

calendar-2021-product-image-3---nal-1-min.png

Pikmin is just a special IP that can be part of stuff like this even if it isn't as big as Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Splatoon. There's those tiny cameos at Super Nintendo World, and the Pikmin section at the Nintendo Tokyo Store is slowly growing because they've realised there's demand for Pikmin merch.

The 2021 My Nintendo calendar had a month for Pikmin too.

calendar-2021-product-image-3---nal-1-min.png

Pikmin is just a special IP that can be part of stuff like this even if it isn't as big as Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Splatoon. There's those tiny cameos at Super Nintendo World, and the Pikmin section at the Nintendo Tokyo Store is slowly growing because they've realised there's demand for Pikmin merch.
I mean, hey, I'm not complaining. More love for Pikmin please.

Furthermore, even without getting the internal staffing budget it frankly deserves, Pikmin is being pushed as an underlying part of the Nintendo brand. Miyamoto in particular seems to think of them as the quintessential Nintendo icons.

Official-Nintendo-Store-Characters.jpg

This art, for example, is strictly the EPD Big Four (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon)... and Pikmin. Super Nintendo World is strictly Mario... and Pikmin. Pikmin inexplicably got an app last month. Pikmin is universal, even if it can't get a damn game.

I deeply believe that Pikmin is the perfect Nintendo setting, with a beautifully realized world and characters. Everything about Pikmin creatively is immaculate, and it's this clean and instantly iconic design scheme that makes it so viable for expansion.

Furthermore, even without getting the internal staffing budget it frankly deserves, Pikmin is being pushed as an underlying part of the Nintendo brand. Miyamoto in particular seems to think of them as the quintessential Nintendo icons.

This art, for example, is strictly the EPD Big Four (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon)... and Pikmin. Super Nintendo World is strictly Mario... and Pikmin. Pikmin inexplicably got an app last month. Pikmin is universal, even if it can't get a damn game.
I deeply believe that Pikmin is the perfect Nintendo setting, with a beautifully realized world and characters. Everything about Pikmin creatively is immaculate, and it's this clean and instantly iconic design scheme that makes it so viable for expansion.
Hasn't Pikmin kinda been Miyamoto's baby for 20 years? I kinda wonder how much of the "Pikmin is everywhere even though there isn't a new game" situation is due to Miyamoto's strong influence. Like even if Pikmin 4 never comes out they'll still be all over the place because that was a pet project for Shiggy (I think).

Dammit Raccoon, I watched this video and now when I went to my main Youtube page to look for something else I instantly got recommendations for other random anime bread videos
Wait there are more anime bread videos?

The art for the store makes sense; since they've got a section for the Pikmin plush line there. Also gummies more recently.

FACG1HTXEAA2nsN

When the store opened they were confined to a single shelf...

EJt2AOIVUAA7oqH.jpg

but more recently they were given their own display table.

PXL_20210911_062501216.jpg

Eventually the entire store will be overun by Pikmin; one Raccoon's dream.

The art for the store makes sense; since they've got a section for the Pikmin plush line there. Also gummies more recently.

FACG1HTXEAA2nsN

When the store opened they were confined to a single shelf...

EJt2AOIVUAA7oqH.jpg

but more recently they were given their own display table.

PXL_20210911_062501216.jpg

Eventually the entire store will be overun by Pikmin; one Raccoon's dream.
those pikmin gummies are absolutely precious

nintendo is in the throes of expanding their brands, and my dream is that we one day reach a point where "Falcon Punch" is a viable children's drink akin to the Ecto Cooler of antiquity

My 2022 predictions:

JANUARY: Pokémon Legends Arceus
FEBRUARY: Nintendo Direct + Silksong shadowdrop
MARCH: Triangle Strategy + Kirby
APRIL: Advance Wars Reboot camp + Casual game.
MAY: Resident Evil Outbreak
JUNE: Splatoon 3
JULY: Fire Emblem remake + Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope.
AUGUST: Monster Hunter Sunbreak + Bayonetta 3
SEPTEMBER: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 + Dragon Quest 3 remake
OCTOBER: The Legends of Zelda: the Hand of time + maaaaaybe a casual game.
NOVEMBER: Metroid Prime remake + Pokémon Let's Go 2 OR Pokémon Legends Arceus DLC
DECEMBER: Nothing

I know are Crazy predictions but why not.

Completely random prediction since it's being talked about in the thread rn: I think Pikmin 4 will be revealed at next year's E3 and released sometime in 2023. I feel like Nintendo'll try to put a pretty decent budget into this game, especially after Pikmin 3 Deluxe's success. I'm really curious what it'll look like in terms of visuals, and presentation and production values in general. I get the feeling that Nintendo wants Pikmin to become a mainstay 2m+ (or more) selling IP that gets new games more frequently--especially considering how popular it is in Japan. Just my gut feeling.

That moment when the video game adaptation curse is broken by League of Legends of all things. I don't think anyone expected that.

I’m back to thinking Stinker Horseperson is a sequel to 1-2-Switch or Wii Play/Party. I don't think it makes much sense for it to be anything else based on what Emily has said about the game so far (but I will concede that we might be missing some crucial information).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom