• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Tomodachi Life be considered a casual stinker??
I think it fits the definition that of course has its fans but every Nintendo franchise has its fans, it's something that even tho sold a lot didn't really have great critics, so something of course Nintendo would do a dull sequel but not something even people there would be excited to make.

Also after Animal Crossing New Horizons and Ring Fit Adventure, I think any casual game like Tomodachi, Miitopia or Wii series will be seen as something really meh online.

Also, that boring trash sequel is 100% Amiibo Festival 2. New Horizons was a massive success + Lack of any sort of multiplayer minigames in ACNH + Nintendo already brought back the other Animal Crossing spin-off + it's boring as fuck.

Also, that boring trash sequel is 100% Amiibo Festival 2. New Horizons was a massive success + Lack of any sort of multiplayer minigames in ACNH + Nintendo already brought back the other Animal Crossing spin-off + it's boring as fuck.
Tbh I THINK amiibo Festival might be better if brought back.
Happy Home Paradise is probably better than Happy Home Designer as you don't have to buy amiibo to play it.
If the sequel is actually just Animal Crossing Party, I don't think it's something bad?? The growth the franchise had with New Horizons just can't be ignored and spin offs are inevitable.

if you’re where I think you are and go the direction I think you’ll go…

immediately after the boss fight in this area is where — for me — it suddenly went from intriguing and enjoyable curiosity to fascination and obsession

I had to know more. and everything started slowly blooming. and an ability made moving around more interesting and fun. and then there was no coming back.

the boss fight was extremely hard for me at first. like forty tries or more. but the feeling of satisfaction afterward and everything that came next…

Tbh I THINK amiibo Festival might be better if brought back.
Happy Home Paradise is probably better than Happy Home Designer as you don't have to buy amiibo to play it.
If the sequel is actually just Animal Crossing Party, I don't think it's something bad?? The growth the franchise had with New Horizons just can't be ignored and spin offs are inevitable.
Oh, it'll for sure be better if it's brought back. But no insider would actually know the quality of the game, they'd just know the title. Amiibo Festival 2 doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

immediately after the boss fight in this area is where — for me — it suddenly went from intriguing and enjoyable curiosity to fascination and obsession

I had to know more. and everything started slowly blooming. and an ability made moving around more interesting and fun. and then there was no coming back.

the boss fight was extremely hard for me at first. like forty tries or more. but the feeling of satisfaction afterward and everything that came next…
Yeah I always tell people that Hollow Knight is a slow burn and can have a rough start. Once you get to Greenpath is when it started getting its hooks in me, and once I beat the boss there and got to the next area it was firmly entrenched and I was completely locked in.

Right now, I'm at some fucking bird boss. I died and got spawned 10 minutes away 😭

I am still peeved we got that Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U and it resulted in....Amiibo Festival.......

Bleh

Right now, I'm at some fucking bird boss. I died and got spawned 10 minutes away 😭
bird boss?

oh, did you uh… try to save someone?

if you don’t wanna do that yet you can come back

or let them die

I'm not letting a fellow knight die. This bird is going down.
you know what? hold onto that feeling, good on you

the bird (vengefly queen?) is a little bit of a pain for sure, but it’s a great way to practice jumps and downslashes early on

I will say this. I love Dread, I really do. It's my game of the year. But Hollow Knight looks so much better in terms of artstyle. This game just oozes atmosphere.

To be fair, Hollow Knight has a better artstyle than every game not called SMTV released this year.

I will say this. I love Dread, I really do. It's my game of the year. But Hollow Knight looks so much better in terms of artstyle. This game just oozes atmosphere.
I really truly agree — and if you’re only in Greenpath, it only gets better from there

one thing I realized while playing Dread and one of the GBA Castlevanias (I loved both, don’t get me wrong) is that Hollow Knight’s physics system is incredible

everything you hit has weight, and the momentum between you and other characters + objects is really deeply tangible. I didn’t realize how rare that was.

and the HD rumble is fucking SUBLIME, best use of it in any game. It gives everything life and connection. Team Cherry did an amazing job with it.

sorry that I keep gushing about Hollow Knight, I’m just so used to the discourse being either “hidden gem!!!” with no follow-up or “it’s not as great as everyone says!!!”

which is fine of course, I just really enjoy talking about it

The stinker game is Go Vacation 2

• Random ass Wii game that got ported to Switch 3 years ago
  • Nintendo published the Switch version, so they'd probably publish a sequel
  • Not a very good game
  • Casual as hell
  • Would get just as muted a reaction as the port's reveal did in 2018
  • Would have some fans (I am a fan of certain parts of the original game)
It all lines up

Is the rumor covering a game that Nintendo is both publishing and developing, or one that it's just publishing?

• Not a very good game
  • Casual as hell
It all lines up
that requires Bandai Namco to make a new switch game

• Not a very good game
  • Casual as hell
It all lines up
I would scream outta my lungs lol. My hype would be flying through the roof. I LOVED this as a kid on the Wii.

@Bandai you see this?

Can Tomodachi Life be considered a casual stinker??
I think it fits the definition that of course has its fans but every Nintendo franchise has its fans, it's something that even tho sold a lot didn't really have great critics, so something of course Nintendo would do a dull sequel but not something even people there would be excited to make.

Also after Animal Crossing New Horizons and Ring Fit Adventure, I think any casual game like Tomodachi, Miitopia or Wii series will be seen as something really meh online.
It would fit into my masterful and very reasonable ‘NoA staff have poor taste in games’ Theory, but I don’t think Tomodachi applies. It has fans even among “hardcore” Nintendo fans, and the second installment was a objective success; “stinker”, “dull” and “boring” absolutely don’t apply.

I’m personally ruling out games like Tomodachi, a Wii Sports successor or Nintendogs; because calling those stinkers would just be wrong; but I also don’t think it’s anything like amiibo Festival 2, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. 2 or Wii Music 2, because the reception to those would be worse than just a shrug. A shrug of indifference is a hard emotion to nail down. It’s the type of response that I would imagine a 1-2-Switch sequel getting, but apparently it isn’t that.

It’d really suck to know that series like Style Savvy, Endless Ocean, bit Generations or Picross 3D have a low internal opinion, so I HOPE it isn’t one of those.

If you think of it from the perspective of a project NCL would greenlit but NoA aren’t enthusiastic for, I could think of a few options. Perhaps a new Yakuman; mahjong was part of Clubhouse Games so a solo project focused on it isn’t an exciting prospect for overseas staff despite the legacy of the series in Japan.

It’d be nice to know what generation to look at for guessing; or to definitively rule out it just being a publishing deal; but that’d probably give it away too much.

I would scream outta my lungs lol. My hype would be flying through the roof. I LOVED this as a kid on the Wii.

@Bandai you see this?
E36LYu1VUAEGrUy.jpg

Maybe Calciobit 3 / Nintendo Pocket Football Club 2 just doesn't have a lot of enthusiasm for it over at NoA; who could say.

Oh, it'll for sure be better if it's brought back. But no insider would actually know the quality of the game, they'd just know the title. Amiibo Festival 2 doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Oh, that's true. I can only imagine people in NoA knowing of such game and thinking "why the fuck is this being developed" from title alone lol. It can come into something good, but from the original memories alone I expect a lot of backlash when it's first announced if it's the casual stinker lol.

It would fit into my masterful and very reasonable ‘NoA staff have poor taste in games’ Theory, but I don’t think Tomodachi applies. It has fans even among “hardcore” Nintendo fans, and the second installment was a objective success; “stinker”, “dull” and “boring” absolutely don’t apply.

I’m personally ruling out games like Tomodachi, a Wii Sports successor or Nintendogs; because calling those stinkers would just be wrong; but I also don’t think it’s anything like amiibo Festival 2, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. 2 or Wii Music 2, because the reception to those would be worse than just a shrug. A shrug of indifference is a hard emotion to nail down. It’s the type of response that I would imagine a 1-2-Switch sequel getting, but apparently it isn’t that.

It’d really suck to know that series like Style Savvy, Endless Ocean, bit Generations or Picross 3D have a low internal opinion, so I HOPE it isn’t one of those.

If you think of it from the perspective of a project NCL would greenlit but NoA aren’t enthusiastic for, I could think of a few options. Perhaps a new Yakuman; mahjong was part of Clubhouse Games so a solo project focused on it isn’t an exciting prospect for overseas staff despite the legacy of the series in Japan.

It’d be nice to know what generation to look at for guessing; or to definitively rule out it just being a publishing deal; but that’d probably give it away too much.
It's just so hard to guess lol.
I think Style Savvy sure sounds like something NoA wouldn't have any excitement about. And it does have a lot of fans indeed but it's generally something that the western audience and Twitter flat out ignore.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Cooking Mama maybe? I mean, it's something that releases every year or so, it's not something that gets backlash (like amiibo Festival or God forbid Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Wii Music), but it's something that comes and goes without much excitement. If it's know by NoA employees and they are just 😐 maybe it's something that generally just get released but this time it's being pushed as a more flagship release? It also makes something like Mario Vs DK Minis, Picross, non-99 puzzle games, Clubhouse and Style Savvy likely as the candidate. Not something that's hated by any means, but if something marketed as a bigger title, only title of the month and so on, something just 😐 for most western audience. With all of them being loved by many too.
Clubhouse Games was kind of that in 2020 actually? Has its fans, sold considerably well, but was something more core fans were just 😐 when it was announced at that Direct, and not something Treehouse or NoA marketing people would be so much excited to announce I think.

It's just so hard to guess lol.
I think Style Savvy sure sounds like something NoA wouldn't have any excitement about. And it does have a lot of fans indeed but it's generally something that the western audience and Twitter flat out ignore.
[HIDE ]And @Dark Cloud heard about it iirc [/HIDE]

Cooking Mama maybe? I mean, it's something that releases every year or so, it's not something that gets backlash (like amiibo Festival or God forbid Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Wii Music), but it's something that comes and goes without much excitement. If it's know by NoA employees and they are just 😐 maybe it's something that generally just get released but this time it's being pushed as a more flagship release? It also makes something like Mario Vs DK Minis, Picross, non-99 puzzle games, Clubhouse and Style Savvy likely as the candidate. Not something that's hated by any means, but if something marketed as a bigger title, only title of the month and so on, something just 😐 for most western audience. With all of them being loved by many too.
Clubhouse Games was kind of that in 2020 actually? Has its fans, sold considerably well, but was something more core fans were just 😐 when it was announced at that Direct, and not something Treehouse or NoA marketing people would be so much excited to announce I think.
Cooking Mama is probably dead after the bullshit the last game went through. the IP older is probably burying the series

Rosalina wishes she could belt out a tune like Idina.
That reminds me that before Odyssey trailer with Jump Up Superstar being sang by Pauline at E3 was shown, my fanboy dream was a Galaxy 3 alongside a Mario Movie in the veins of Frozen where Rosalina would sing a beautiful song that was actually Gusty Garden Galaxy with lyrics.

A dull sequel to a casual game that NoA’s weeb employees can’t get excited about?

They really did it, they got Denis Dyack back to do Eternal Darkness 2.

Finished Three Houses for a fourth time. Yes, very good. On to the next RPG.

It's the 1st party game I've been on fence about since it dropped. I love strategy games, I tipically don't like RPGs unless they use the battlefield space in clever ways (Divinity 2 comes to mind) should I get it someday?

Obviously we're finally getting a sequel to Culdcept Revolt announced at The Game Awards.

Only the most exclusive world premiere announcements.

I thought Metroid Dread would blow Hollow Knight out of the water for me, but as incredible and perfect of an experience Dread was, I just can't say I had a more enthralling and obsessive experience than I did with Hollow Knight.

When Hollow Knight clicked, it was the closest thing to the utter bliss I felt when I realized Dark Souls clicked.

Howdy folks! I'm here to gather some ideas from the community for an upcoming site event: what kind of Nintendo (or Nintendo-adjacent) games remind you of the holiday season/winter solstice/Christmas?

Specifically, what levels, worlds music, etc give you that cozy holiday feel? Alternatively, what games or types of challenges would you like to see included in an upcoming event? It'll be the last one for a while, so I'm looking to make it the best one yet. Please quote this post, @ me, or post in this thread. I'm excited to see your ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom