• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the "prevent bullying" excuse is clear nonsense, since the video creators will still see them.

Sorry to drag this back up, but the more I've thought about this issue, the more uncomfortable it is.

The fact that creators will still see the dislikes is immaterial. Receiving dislikes is not bullying. Critical feedback is not bullying.

The bullying comes when the dislikes are weaponised to humiliate the content creator through activities like quasi-mob campaigns to buff the dislike counts or public gloating over their bad situation. It's the difference between a kid getting a bad grade and the rest of the class taunting him for it.

That's why I've been rattled by Arlo's video. He's defending his right to power through humiliation. The fact that his target is a big corporation masks the fact that regardless of the target the mentality of power through humiliation is fucking gross.

It is not an instinct that should be pandered to or behaviour that should be normalised. Because when it is, the targets don't stay "acceptable" for long.

The casual stinker is clearly Nintenskunks. Sad to know EPD 9's long awaited next game is going to be rubbish.

With Breath of the Wild 2, the year 2022 is arguably better than 2017. (My personal opinion)

Without Breath of the Wild 2, the year 2022 would still be extremely stacked. At least on par with 2019's software lineup.
Thanks for the insight Emily! One thing I want for the 2nd half of Switch's life is to see new franchises, not just sequels to games already on Switch. Do you see new IP published by Nintendo becoming more common that what we've seen over the past couple of years?
I actually expect a big support from Square next year, I think it'll be "Square Year" for Switch. Lots of stuff rumored and/or leaked:

Chrono Cross remaster
Final Fantasy IX remake
Final Fantasy Tactics remaster
New SaGa title
New Mana title

And there are confirmed stuff like DQ3 remake, Chocobo GP and Lara Croft games. Feral sure will bring more Eidos games after Lara Croft.

For Capcom, I'm less sure. There's MH Sunbreak next year and Resident Evil Outrage is rumored. Beyond that, there could be more Ace Attorney games but that should be it. They're reluctant to bring Megaman back.
Are any of those SE games leaked/rumoured for 2022? Or just that they are in development?

Are any of those SE games leaked/rumoured for 2022? Or just that they are in development?
We can't know for sure but ActRaiser, another game in the GeForce leak, literally shadowdropped. Maybe they're already done and waiting for a release? SaGa devs said they've been working on a new game since the Scarlet Grace, release should be close.

Update on last night's debacle of "Should I get Pokémon BDSP physically or digitally?" situation!

...the plastic won out. I'm getting it physically. Is this a smart decision? I dunno, but the case will look nice in
I bought dread and Mario party digitally but I will get at least one part of a Pokémon game set physically ans get the other digitally later down the line

Update on last night's debacle of "Should I get Pokémon BDSP physically or digitally?" situation!

...the plastic won out. I'm getting it physically. Is this a smart decision? I dunno, but the case will look nice in
It's your decision ofc! I too had that debate (it may have been my post you were referring to) but I decided to buy digital and look into double dipping a while later down the line once they are putting v1.1 on carts.

My digital Brilliant Diamond just preloaded today too, so it's happening!!!

Just wanna say, despite it being Nintendo focused, my halo limited edition Xbox series x has finally shipped and I am excited

Enjoy, fellas! Sounds like you both have good times coming up!
EDIT: And you too, @bellydrum!!

It looks a bit fuzzy at times (very fuzzy other times) but the art direction of SMTV is just something else.
banderas.png

Are we sure Emily just isn't a fan of Style Savvy or Tomodachi for whatever reason?

Endless Ocean 3 ain't no stinker in my book!

Enjoy, fellas! Sounds like you both have good times coming up!
EDIT: And you too, @bellydrum!!
Thanks!! Gen 4 was a big part of both me and my partner's childhoods, so it'll be fun to go back and play it again, even if I'll miss the Platinum content. I'm curious to see what kinds of teams you can make with all the Pokemon in the Grand Underground. Who cares if the dex has only 2 fire type lines when I can stuff my base with Fire type statues and get, like, a Charizard or something.

Normally Chinchar's my preferred choice, but a friend's going with it and my partner's rocking their favorite starter of all time, Turtwig. So I'm getting Piplup. I kinda wanna do an all bird team. Empoleon, Staraptor, Honchkrow, Blaziken, Porygon-Z and honorary bird Gliscor. The last two gyms will be tough, but I think it could be fun. Also, birds are great, they're my favorite animals.

It's your decision ofc! I too had that debate (it may have been my post you were referring to) but I decided to buy digital and look into double dipping a while later down the line once they are putting v1.1 on carts.

My digital Brilliant Diamond just preloaded today too, so it's happening!!!
It was actually! Glad we both got our games ready to go. Wonder when we'll know for sure when 1.1 and beyond will be on the cart...

SMTV is twice on the NA eshop.

5th for the regular version so good start. Only beaten by Mario Party, GTA, Star Wars and AC
I hope it breaks 2m so Sega greenlights more big stuff for Switch.

Also Star Wars games selling crazy means we'll never stop getting them. Wonder what's next (probably KOTORII).

Emily described Endless Ocean 3 as a stinker because it's set in the waters of the UK, where the government is happy allowing untreated sewage to be poured into the rivers and seas.

Casual stinker gonna be an Amiibo Festival port, isn't it? Gotta capitalise on that Animal Crossing audience.
I swear that game actually ended up in my local Poundland with bunch of Amiibo... for ironically a few pounds. But it was not a high point for the series, to be sure.

Threadly reminder that if there was any chance BotW 2 wasn't coming out in 2022, they wouldn't have shown it off with a 2022 date.

I’m getting it physical too. The fact I’ve seen it for £35-40 vs the £50 on the eShop kind of helps, but it also means I can swap carts with my boyfriend when we’re done if I’m taken with it and want to play again later.

I’m getting it physical too. The fact I’ve seen it for £35-40 vs the £50 on the eShop kind of helps, but it also means I can swap carts with my boyfriend when we’re done if I’m taken with it and want to play again later.
I thought about that too! I like having the flexibility, don't get that with digital on Switch.

...though here in the U.S., we don't have the same price disparity, haha. If we did then the choice would be way easier.

I hope it breaks 2m so Sega greenlights more big stuff for Switch.

Also Star Wars games selling crazy means we'll never stop getting them. Wonder what's next (probably KOTORII).
At the very least I want to see more Atlus stuff; I would love to see Atlus utilize their experience in developing this game and remake SMTI and SMTII. Give me all the mainline SMT games on the Switch!

2022 is already looking pretty good, and we're still months out from the start of the year.

HLiYFuW.jpg

GPYTYcI.jpg

qi80BFV.jpg

That's of course without even taking into account the rumored titles that should be showing up, like Xenoblade 3 and Metroid Prime Remastered; plus others indicated by job listings that have to show up sooner or later like Style Savvy and EPD Kyoto / Tokyo's 2D Action Game Project(s).

Last edited:
2022 is already looking pretty good, and we're still months out from the start of the year.

HLiYFuW.jpg

GPYTYcI.jpg

qi80BFV.jpg

That's of course without even taking into account the rumored titles that should be showing up; Xenoblade 3, Metroid Prime Remastered, (hopefully) Donkey Kong; plus others indicated by job listings that have to show up sooner or later like Style Savvy and EPD Kyoto / Tokyo's 2D Action Game Project(s).
Arceus, Triangle, Advance award, Kirby, Splatoon, BotW, MP4 are all firmly on my radar. What a year!

Love to order food for 7:20 and now it’s 7:42 and our order still isn’t ready!!
I feel you man. There is nothing more frustrating than sitting there hungry waiting for food. Makes it even worse if everyone else in your party gets their food before you and they are almost done by the time you get your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom