• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't see Botw2 until E3 in my opinion, but of course I hope I'm wrong. On the other hand, Metroid Prime Remake and RE Outbreak are strong candidate for a TGA show off. Xenoblade is a niche franchise and I think is more suited for a early year Direct.

Niche status didn't stop them from featuring Bravely Default 2 at TGA.

I want to say I hope some of you guys try to support SMT V because it looks to be one of the biggest production coming from Atlus and the strongest third-party effort yet.

I need this game to exceed expectations and sell really well.
If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my preorder.
Falcom starting to move

Ys x Zelda crossover confirmed.

Red-haired adventurer Adol Christin arrives in the mysterious Kingdom of Hyrule with his travelling companion Dogi. Hijinks ensue. Tingle is a party member.

I mean we could also be crueller and point out that niche franchise Bayonetta got its new game reveal at TGA in 2017.

pokes anthill

touchè, it's true.

anyway I think that a couple of Switch exclusive announcement are totally possibile. we'll see.

Yeah, fwiw, I think I'd also go Prime remake at TGA and Xeno3 in early 2022 if I were Nintendo. Assuming the latter is in a presentable state, that is.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my preorder.

Ys x Zelda crossover confirmed.

Red-haired adventurer Adol Christin arrives in the mysterious Kingdom of Hyrule with his travelling companion Dogi. Hijinks ensue. Tingle is a party member.

droppedthis.jpg

Probably of interest to a lot of people

I saw it on Nintendo Life. I was very excited until I realised it was wired. But I still would be interested in it for using at my desk as I've started actually enjoying turbo (it's great for pain-free swimming in underwater levels in Mario 64) and the additional back buttons (great for speeding up battles in FFVII). I wouldn't want to trail a wire across my whole living room floor however. Headphone jack is a nice touch.
Someone pointed out in this thread how the OLED dock is too tall for Hori Split Pad Pro to be kept on when inserting a Switch. That was a bit dissapointing to hear, but at least something like this would give me somewhere to put them.
That was probably me. This would not solve the problem unfortunately of being able to dock, but it is still a neat addition. At first glance of the article on NL I thought it was a whole new set of joycons. As OLED ownership increases I'm sure they will revise the joycons and make the subtle changes needed to make them dockable again. But this is a great alternative to another Pro controller and an easy way to get turbo and assignable back buttons into docked play without buying another controller.

Soleil basically is Valhalla renamed.

They were not known for their support work on Ninjala or TSA, it's weird framing.

I guess "known for a janky Naruto game and a Samurai Jack game" doesn't get the investor's blood pumping.

The Valhalla/Soleil situation is so confusing. Is Itagaki still involved or did he fully leave for his own studio?

Also, I always thought they were lead devs on Ninjala but I guess it was GungHo?

The Valhalla/Soleil situation is so confusing. Is Itagaki still involved or did he fully leave for his own studio?

Also, I always thought they were lead devs on Ninjala but I guess it was GungHo?

Itagaki left completely.

I'll have to recheck Ninjala but I always assumed it was Gungho internal(primarily) considering it's their flagship product now.

Itagaki left completely.

I'll have to recheck Ninjala but I always assumed it was Gungho internal(primarily) considering it's their flagship product now.

Well, let's hope for GungHo that this won't affect Ninjala either way. But Tencent is usually pretty good about this.

Where did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting for the Game Collection to ship.
From The Game Collection - confirmation came through in the last hour or so, I'd guess they're shipping copies this morning. I've had them ship things the afternoon before release and still got it on release day, though.

My work laptop (an HP Elitebook) is starting to fall apart, less than two years after we got them. Meanwhile my OG Switch is going strong since early 2018. I guess I got a batch that was built using Nintendium.

From The Game Collection - confirmation came through in the last hour or so, I'd guess they're shipping copies this morning. I've had them ship things the afternoon before release and still got it on release day, though.
Yeah I had an issue, my card had expired so they cancelled my pre-order. Luckily I ordered again straight away and got shipping confirmation 5 minutes later! I do think The Game Collection is my favourite UK game retailer.

My work laptop (an HP Elitebook) is starting to fall apart, less than two years after we got them. Meanwhile my OG Switch is going strong since early 2018. I guess I got a batch that was built using Nintendium.

My 3 yo thinkpad from work's USB-C port is kind of knackered. I have to rest a hairbrush on the lead to give a bit of pressure to make it connect properly.

Tangentially related, but I am disappointed at how much cynism there is on gaming Twitter. The worse is that it often leads to intellectual laziness (i.e shouting anticonsummer at every occasion).

What prompted me to say this is the shared sentiment that YouTube is removing the Dislike Button to "not hurt the feelings of big corporations".

I am still trying to make sense of this.

My 3 yo thinkpad from work's USB-C port is kind of knackered. I have to rest a hairbrush on the lead to give a bit of pressure to make it connect properly.

Gotta love these hack solutions. The bottom panel on mine is partially detached for some reason (I guess this is what happens when you don't empty your recycle bin 🤪 ) but I can go get a replacement tomorrow. Let's see how long that one survives.

Gotta love these hack solutions. The bottom panel on mine is partially detached for some reason (I guess this is what happens when you don't empty your recycle bin 🤪 ) but I can go get a replacement tomorrow. Let's see how long that one survives.
I think I need to beg the VP to be put on the list due a replacement. They didn't replace any last year due to COVID/WFH.

Yeah every phone I've had in three past 10 or so years has had its charging port break in some manner, usually in less than 2 years. I'm quite amazed that my launch Switch's is still going strong.

I think I need to beg the VP to be put on the list due a replacement. They didn't replace any last year due to COVID/WFH.

Apparently we have some replacement units at the office because I'm not the first one this happened to.

I suggested to my superior that I just get a new MacBook Pro and send HQ a bill but I haven't gotten a reply yet 🤭 (I don't think I'm allowed to)

I hope Nintendo have similar projects in the pipeline to remaster other GC and Wii games, so many great games from those 2 consoles I want to play on Switch
I suspect this is definitely something they'll be doing - we've seen them gradually lean more on titles from previous systems (not just Wii U ports) as the Switch marches on, and I don't expect that to stop. Obviously, we've got the Advance Wars Reboot Camp parked in 2022 already (not GC/Wii, but same era as GC) and it seems pretty clear Metroid Prime HD is set for 2022, too. I'd assume Switch gets Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD at some point, but it'd obviously be more fun to get HD versions of games which haven't been remastered yet.

The one I really want is F Zero GX, so that Nintendo could test the waters for a new entry in the franchise. But then there's also things like The Last Story and Eternal Darkness which I think would find appreciative audiences on Switch. I also really, really want MGS: Twin Snakes to get a HD remaster, but that may be a little more complicated.

Last edited:
Apparently we have some replacement units at the office because I'm not the first one this happened to.

I suggested to my superior that I just get a new MacBook Pro and send HQ a bill but I haven't gotten a reply yet 🤭 (I don't think I'm allowed to)

My company is weird about things. I once got told by IT that they had a bunch of Surface's sitting unused because shortly after they bought them the head of IT decreed that tablet PCs were prohibited for some reason.

My company is weird about things. I once got told by IT that they had a bunch of Surface's sitting unused because shortly after they bought them the head of IT decreed that tablet PCs were prohibited for some reason.

.... Can you ask them how much they want for one? ;D

Yeah I had an issue, my card had expired so they cancelled my pre-order. Luckily I ordered again straight away and got shipping confirmation 5 minutes later! I do think The Game Collection is my favourite UK game retailer.

Same. Had that same issue a few years ago, called them and the guy was so helpful, reapplied some discount I'd used and still received all games on launch... or better 😉🤫

I suspect this is definitely something they'll be doing - we've seen them gradually lean more on titles from previous systems (not just Wii U ports) as the Switch marches on, and I don't expect that to stop. Obviously, we've got the Advance Wars Reboot Camp parked in 2022 already (not GC/Wii, but same era as GC) and it seems pretty clear Metroid Prime HD is set for 2022, too. I'd assume Switch gets Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD at some point, but it'd obviously be more fun to get HD versions of games which haven't been remastered yet.

The one I really want is F Zero GX, so that Nintendo could test the waters for a new entry in the franchise. But then there's also things like The Last Story and Eternal Darkness which I think would find appreciative audiences on Switch. I also really, really want MGS: Twin Snakes to get a HD remaster, but that may be a little more complicated.
I also think there’s a legitimate chance they remake/remaster Paper Mario TTYD. I’m sure Nintendo knows the high praise for that game and might want to throw fans a bone. The remake of Superstar Saga shows they’re willing to remake older games that don’t fit their current rules for the Mario series.

I also think there’s a legitimate chance they remake/remaster Paper Mario TTYD. I’m sure Nintendo knows the high praise for that game and might want to throw fans a bone. The remake of Superstar Saga shows they’re willing to remake older games that don’t fit their current rules for the Mario series.
I'd like to see this happen, especially if it left Intelligent Systems free to make something new that wasn't Paper Mario. It's a shame Codename STEAM didn't work out for them, but that shouldn't rule out further new ideas from them.

I want to say I hope some of you guys try to support SMT V because it looks to be one of the biggest production coming from Atlus and the strongest third-party effort yet.

I need this game to exceed expectations and sell really well.
Got my Premium Edition shipped already and working on clearing out any and all homework due this weekend so I can play it with all my free time! I am so unbelievably stoked for it!

Pokémon Demon game is coming out tomorrow. Just wish it was more like Persona and Kingdom Hearts.

is this how you whine about games? It feels weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom