• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still give a rat's ass for The Grammy's? Scrolling through out of boredom and saw this in their nomination list.

65. Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella
An Arranger's Award. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
  • Chopsticks
    Bill O'Connell, arranger (Richard Baratta)
  • For The Love Of A Princess (From "Braveheart")
    Robin Smith, arranger (HAUSER, London Symphony Orchestra & Robin Smith)
  • Infinite Love
    Emile Mosseri, arranger (Emile Mosseri)
  • Meta Knight's Revenge (From "Kirby Superstar")
    Charlie Rosen & Jake Silverman, arrangers (The 8-Bit Big Band Featuring Button Masher)
  • The Struggle Within
    Gabriela Quintero & Rodrigo Sanchez, arrangers (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
Thought that was interesting. Otherwise I only care for my boi Jack Antonoff getting Producer of the Year (seeing as Bleachers' TTSOOSN wasn't even nominated for rock album of the year 😒)

Square know that their retro library will most likely have the most success on Switch. There is no way they are skipping that platform for Chrono Cross or anything similar.

Could you elaborate in a spoiler tag? I was sorta interested back before it launched but now I'm just curious how it's so bad.
Don't play this if you have a sister. That is all.

I've been looking at my shelf and the available Switch retail games for this Swiss promotion for the last... 4 hours. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Mario Party Superstars are sitting in the cart but I cant, for the life of me, come up with a third game that I actually want. Everything I've been looking at is tipping the scale too far into either weeb or normie territory.

I've been looking at my shelf and the available Switch retail games for this Swiss promotion for the last... 4 hours. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Mario Party Superstars are sitting in the cart but I cant, for the life of me, come up with a third game that I actually want. Everything I've been looking at is tipping the scale too far into either weeb or normie territory.
Well if TMS and Mario Party are barometers of acceptably normie and acceptably weeb, then I wonder about some of the candidates.

You cannot not send us the list now

Could you elaborate in a spoiler tag? I was sorta interested back before it launched but now I'm just curious how it's so bad.
Haven't actually played the game, but, AFAIK ENDING SPOILERS

"it was all a dream" + surprise incest

Looks like Sony may have some egg on its face after recently condemning Activision:

I just hope the misogynists of the industry go all to jail and that women can work in peace and have major roles. Damn it's so sickening to read this news :(

I mean, you got TMS and Mario Party in the cart. you're the weebiest weeb and the normiest normie. you defy all catagories

2021 : FF14
2022 : FF9 Remake
2023 : FF16
2024 : FF7R part 2

I could see it
I'm super confused on why the hell FFXIV is not on Switch yet. It totally could run great as it even has last gen versions, Switch is the hottest JRPG machine, its online community just keeps growing and isn't stopping anytime soon. A Switch version will only give more fuel to the game.

Well if TMS and Mario Party are barometers of acceptably normie and acceptably weeb, then I wonder about some of the candidates.
You cannot not send us the list now

It's not as wild as you guys are thinking. The problem is that games move on three axes: normie, weeb and weirdo. I already cover the first two so I can't add Pokémon or Atelier Ryza because it would cause an imbalance. There is one perfect candidate...

thanos05jqj.jpg

Sadly I want that digitally...

Back on Resetera Sal Romano also corroborates Cross remaster being real

I've said it before but from now on I would assume all the Square titles listed on the Geforce leak are indeed real
Sorry for maybe holding the conversation back, but what are the other GeForce leaked SQ games? I read the list before but I was a bit distracted by some absurd stuff from other publishers.

Also Dragon Quest 3 2D HD remake is an announced thing or leaked? I think I got it mixed up with the FF mobile remakes.

Any ways, I hope that February Direct we get a ton of Square Enix announcements for Switch.

Sorry for maybe holding the conversation back, but what are the other GeForce leaked SQ games? I read the list before but I was a bit distracted by some absurd stuff from other publishers.

Also Dragon Quest 3 2D HD remake is an announced thing or leaked? I think I got it mixed up with the FF mobile remakes.

Any ways, I hope that February Direct we get a ton of Square Enix announcements for Switch.
Dragon Quest 3 remake was officially announced, though I don't think they announced platforms for it

FF16 and FF7R on Dane Switch you mean? if FF16 is a 2022 release on PS, its exclusivity deal should be longer than one year. And I doubt it's a 2022 release.

Annual Switch AA Square JRPG should be like this imo:
2020: Trials of Mana
2021: Neo TWEWY
2022: FF9 Remake
2023: Next Mana game
2024: Next SaGa game

Also in 2024, Switch 2 could launch with DQ12.
FF13 Trilogy and FF15 probably will come to Dane. (I'm a little surprised 13 isn't on Switch yet). Possibly FF14 too. Starting to think FF7R is a PlayStation exclusive as we should have heard about a PC & Xbox port by now.

The GeForce leaked list includes remasters for both Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. Moreover they listed a “remake” of Final Fantasy IX (who knows the scoope of that remake) and a Kingdom Hearts 4 (name can be a placeholder but isn’t something incredible strange to happen).

Wouldn’t be extremely strange that S-E plans to re-release their majority of PS1 catalog. FFT, Tactics Ogre, Front Mission, Parasite Eve, Chrono Cross.

I award best Forum to FamiBoards

Thank you Forum Admins and owners

And thank you Mods for putting up with all these Nintendo nerds.

Wouldn’t there be some kind of legal mess to remake Chrono Trigger?

I can’t remember. I read something like long ago, but I could be wrong

remaking Cross before Trigger….

5va9bo.jpg

Honestly, Trigger doesn’t need it. It’s a perfect game and deserves to be brought to modern platforms, but it’s good as is.

Chrono Cross is the game that needs to expand the audience if we’re ever to get another Cross game.

Wouldn’t there be some kind of legal mess to remake Chrono Trigger?

I can’t remember. I read something like long ago, but I could be wrong
Assuming you would want some of the main leads working on the remake, it is probably more of a logistical nightmare as the producer (Aoki) is seemingly retired, the supervisor (Sakaguchi) left to form his own studio, and the character designer (Toriyama), story author (Kato), and composers (Mitsuda & Uematsu) do not work for Square-Enix.

I jumped out of my chair when I saw a Switch trailer for the release of Disney Classic Games Collection show up in my YouTube feed. Finally, finally, finally, FINALLY!

Then, a few minutes of happiness later, I noticed that the middle of the title was not made up of the word Afternoon.

A bot has no heart of its own, so it obviously hoped to find a substitute somewhere.

Needless to say, it was disappointed.

I might have ran that heart joke in to the ground.

Like, singlehandedly. Just now.
It was worth it though

as others have said it deals with an uncomfortable (again putting it lightly) subject in a ham-fisted at best (harmful at worst) way. Think The Medium levels of "subtelty"

I'm super confused on why the hell FFXIV is not on Switch yet. It totally could run great as it even has last gen versions, Switch is the hottest JRPG machine, its online community just keeps growing and isn't stopping anytime soon. A Switch version will only give more fuel to the game.
Stockage limitation, hardware limitation since the PS3 version isn't supported anymore since heavensward and the PS4 version struggles to maintain 30fps, the MMORPG community who is mainly on other platforms etc

"Animal Crossing: Wild World is a true adventure game where you can explore, ride horses and play at your own pace. In short, if you know how to move and use horse skills, you'll be able to start playing as soon as you finish your first level. If you don't know how to move horses to the other end of the level, you'll have to sit down and practice at a new horse level so you can master the ropes that prevent the horse from sliding past you."

Well I guess we know what that mystery stinker game Is now

One down, few to go. There are still a lot of Switch indies targeting 2021 left and there's only 40 days left to hit the target date:

Fall Guys
Outer Wilds
Neon White
OlliOlli World
Hindsight
Crad Shark (iirc, devs were not hopeful this game making it to 2021)

So, uh, y'all ever play that Nintendo? It's pretty fun. I think that Mario fellow might go places some day.

Speaking of Mario, my favorite hockey player of all time is Mario Lemieux. Damn he was good. Jaromir Jagr had a MUCH better mullet though. His mullet was and still is legendary. Sidney Crosby has facial hair like me, so his playoff beard looks like a pre-teen boy in middle school. I can't grow a beard. I wonder if Luigi would have a good beard? Did Mario Lemieux have a good playoff beard? I can't remember.

Who has the best beard in video games? Kratos has a pretty good beard.

Have we got any clue if we are getting a new direct before next year now?
I'm not fussed on any of the new game announcements not a pokeman fan at all.
Maybe we will get something at TGA!

The exp share has got my Pokemon team overleveled :/ But overal very comfy game as I remember.
I'm not even at the third gym and my team are almost at level 30 lol.

Haven't done much grinding either.

So @Raccoon , I installed the screen protector over my cracked phone screen and I'm glad to report I'm not longer slicing my fingers when I type long winded diatribes in response to you.

However, an unfortunate effect of having a cracked screen beneath a screen protector is the fact that air bubbles want to stay within those cracks and are impossible to remove. So I've got weird gray lines of air running all around the screen. But to be honest after a few minutes I don't really notice it so I'm considering this a win.

Especially because this is a $7 screen protector vs a $300 screen repair or $1000 new phone.
y'know sometimes you just have to make things work in the short term

just like nintendo making their surplus of oled panels work in the short term

yes I know that's probably not what happened

My work just got a Switch OLED display model, and holy shit y'all were not joking about how good it is. It's right next to a launch Switch and a Lite and the OLED screen is miles better than both of them.

Furthermore, even without getting the internal staffing budget it frankly deserves, Pikmin is being pushed as an underlying part of the Nintendo brand. Miyamoto in particular seems to think of them as the quintessential Nintendo icons.

Official-Nintendo-Store-Characters.jpg

This art, for example, is strictly the EPD Big Four (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon)... and Pikmin. Super Nintendo World is strictly Mario... and Pikmin. Pikmin inexplicably got an app last month. Pikmin is universal, even if it can't get a damn game.

I said this before, but it's not hard to see Pit and Fox confortably blending in with this cast. Lack of Donkey Kong always surprises me, but we have indication it will change somewhat soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom