• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, actually, nothing.

I was just thinking of promoting the place on my other socials when I feel like it.

Just wanted to make sure that there were people you didn't want me inviting certain people or something.

Yeah. Odd question on my part. 😅
No, great question! This community is very protective of itself, and I don't blame you for being wary of who you introduce.

That Twitter API pricing cannot be fucking real. Really hate it when people post hatebait as a screenshot without actually sourcing the fucking thing.

RIP FamiComms.

That Twitter API pricing cannot be fucking real. Really hate it when people post hatebait as a screenshot without actually sourcing the fucking thing.

RIP FamiComms.
Tbh

I may or may not transition out of Twitter.

Hell, some I know seem to have moved to TikTok.

And I opened a Mastodon account.

So... eh.

The old socials of the 2000s and 2010s don't seem as appealing anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Preface: I agree and I am not defending him in the slightest

but also

if he’s doing all of this, it makes me wonder just how un-profitable Twitter truly was? like, he bought it for stupid reasons and he sucks, but that aside… how big of a mess did he buy? I can’t imagine the website was profitable before he took it over.
As far as I've read, it absolutely was not profitable before he took over. But it was neutral(-ish) enough for advertisers and financers to keep funnelling money into it. Elon changed that almost immediately.

What happened now?
👇👇👇
Fuck twitter man, starting on the 9th they're charging for use of their API.
This means Famiboards needs to pay for the FamiComms thread bot, or just let it die.

I could see them calling it "Nintendo Network"
That sounds boring enough to be right

fuckers better get pikmin 4 out before 3 turns ten

they don't want pikmin to be dormant, do they?

sorry old man but you're just a little too old to have nostalgia for that dope name and orange logo
I'm such a boomer that this immediately made me think of Nickelodeon instead

Edit: wait I just googled it and how did I forget Nintendo Network was actually a thing? I thought you were just spitballing based on the straightforward way Nintendo has been naming things as of late 🤣

So if Nick Offerman admitted to becoming obsessed with Banjo-Kazooie, then..

6hepOTV.jpeg

jI3I9U4.jpg

🤔🤔🤔

As far as I've read, it absolutely was not profitable before he took over. But it was neutral(-ish) enough for advertisers and financers to keep funnelling money into it. Elon changed that almost immediately.

👇👇👇

That sounds boring enough to be right
Ok. That’s stupid. If they were smart they would see it as an avenue to drive ad revenue and user acquisition. But maybe it doesn’t make much.

I think Xbox fans have officially surpassed Nintendo ones as the most doom and gloom, teetering on the edge of a knife fanbase.

Oooooh what are you snacking on

Didn’t they just get Hi-Fi Rush?

Yeah, but you've got the news that the PlayStation 5 is growing big time in the US, The Coalition canned their new IP (that was never officially announced), the Halo/343i news, the PS5 outselling the Xbox 2:1 back in November, etc.

RIP FamiComms.
FYI those have been the existing ones for a while, question is will there be a cheaper one with free ending or not

The Last of Us has only been around for 10 years and it already has four games (including two remasters) and a television show. I'm almost 31, I've never even made a single game, and the closest thing there is to a television show about me is the Drew Carey Show (which isn't at all like my life other than the fact that my name is Drew).

I'm useless!

The Last of Us has only been around for 10 years and it already has four games (including two remasters) and a television show. I'm almost 31, I've never even made a single game, and the closest thing there is to a television show about me is the Drew Carey Show (which isn't at all like my life other than the fact that my name is Drew).

I'm useless!
If it helps you feel better, I'm almost 38 and I can't even think of a tv show that I could joke about being about me.

I'm uselesser!

I think Xbox fans have officially surpassed Nintendo ones as the most doom and gloom, teetering on the edge of a knife fanbase.
Why do they even worry about it? Xbox could sell just 5 million yet still be able to secure full third party support. It costs almost nothing to port games to Xbox.

T-shirts that go hard will be a loss for the platform. Some of those t-shirts do go pretty hard.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Haven‘t posted a lot lately, but I need to post one thing: The Switch‘s library continues to be extremely impressive, so many fantastic games! Currently playing Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy and Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and I still have a three-digit number of games (mostly physical games that are not short) that I haven‘t beaten yet. I recently bought some 3DS and Wii U eShop games and I nearly forgot how small the eShops of these consoles are.

What a great console!

(That said, I‘m looking forward to the next Direct and to a more powerful Switch as well. ;) )

I’m agreeing with the “how is this week not over yet” crowd. Work has not gotten the memo that we’re supposed to be in a cozy, relaxing time of the year lately apparently

Got in something fun today. Not sure if even @Derachi will know this one, it was a whim clearance kit get. First SMP I’ve gotten(and possibly the last, they’re small and pricy! Was shocked how tiny the box was)

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

Got in something fun today. Not sure if even @Derachi will know this one, it was a whim clearance kit get. First SMP I’ve gotten(and possibly the last, they’re small and pricy! Was shocked how tiny the box was)

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg
No idea! I frankly don’t know anything about anime robots. I’m a toku guy, anime’s not my thing!

No idea! I frankly don’t know anything about anime robots. I’m a toku guy, anime’s not my thing!
It’s from one of the Tatsunoko Time Bokan shows, Gyakuten Ippatsuman. Don’t worry I didn’t really know it either XD. Almost none of the time Bokan stuff outside Yatterman Night made it west

It was on clearance and I’ve been meaning to try a SMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom