• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I'll have to buy a PS5 next june... Final Fantasy XVI, Street Fighter 6 in its superior form, Tekken 8, later 7 Rebirth.... fuck lmao

With Nintendo and Platinum having a really good and close relationship. I still believe at some point Nintendo will buy them.

Why did square tell me today (friday) that I'll get my code on friday (today) 😭 give it to meeee

Oh dang it really is Prime Time

The Legend of Hades: Tartarus Princess
First time playing though it will be hard alternating between that and halo with mods on the steam workshop. I will get through Metroid prime though. I’m playing it through prime hack on my steam deck. Works great.

Actually the original game is called Hade and features only 1 Hade, while the sequel is called Hades because it features more than one Hade
hadeszwfqu.jpeg

My favorite movie performance ever was Angelina Jolie as Tomb Raider. Although it did seem like a bit of a rip of Tom Holland's portrayal of Uncharted.

First time playing though it will be hard alternating between that and halo with mods on the steam workshop. I will get through Metroid prime though. I’m playing it through prime hack on my steam deck. Works great.
Prime Hack is the one reason I want a steam deck 😂

My favorite movie performance ever was Angelina Jolie as Tomb Raider. Although it did seem like a bit of a rip of Tom Holland's portrayal of Uncharted.
Have you seen that new movie called Idaho Jones or some such? Literally ripping off both Uncharted and Tomb Raider at the same time. Hollywood really is creatively bankrupt.

Spending all my free time now individually setting up dodge/eat/block/cast animations for each enemy. Plus finalizing traits, resistances and sound effects of course.

Next thing to do is add a few more player abilities that work with the traits, like a taunt which adds the "berserker" trait to an enemy, or silencing abilities that prevent them from casting/healing.

Then I'll be able to put out a short demo I think. Just a short hallway with a series of increasingly difficult encounters with higher and higher level randomized enemies.

Last edited:
Improving representation in Nintendo games by modding the beginning of BotW so it says "Open your eyes... wake up, twink."

I wish I could be more excited for Hades 2, but the pattern for literally every roguelite I’ve ever played is:

First 5-10 hours: Wow this is super fun and I’m addicted! Love the mechanics and can’t wait to play more

~10 hours in: I suddenly have lost all desire to play the game anymore

The only exception being Returnal, which I actually finished. But I put that down to it honestly kind of being a roguelite for people who don’t really like roguelites, in some ways. Something about the progression of roguelites just really doesn’t do it for me after the initial shine wears off.
The bold is exactly why I like Hades. I couldn't get into any other ones, before or since. Not even my boy Shovel Knight could hold my attention. Hades carried me to the credits at the very least, which is enough for me.

…really? because now I’m just really hyped for both!

Yeah well, I'm obviously going to be psyched when there's some actual Silksong news.. and I am definitely there day 1.

But it's been so long since there's been some actual news that it kind of fallen off the map for me a bit, much like Metroid Prime 4, Bayo 3 - announced way too early and interest fades over time.

Now Bayo 3 got back with a vengeance so I'm sure I'll get back on the silksong hypetrain as soon as TC shares more news about it.

The bold is exactly why I like Hades. I couldn't get into any other ones, before or since. Not even my boy Shovel Knight could hold my attention. Hades carried me to the credits at the very least, which is enough for me.
same, Hades is the first one that really, truly worked for me, for whatever reason. also one of the first and only games where I actually enjoyed the voice acting

I have, however, absolutely come around on Dead Cells this year. the DLC really fleshes it out, and the zany constant updates and weapons that don’t take themselves seriously are immensely fun once you start to get a handful of them

just in time, too — that Castlevania x Dead Cells shit is gonna rule

Yeah well, I'm obviously going to be psyched when there's some actual Silksong news.. and I am definitely there day 1.

But it's been so long since there's been some actual news that it kind of fallen off the map for me a bit, much like Metroid Prime 4, Bayo 3 - announced way too early and interest fades over time.

Now Bayo 3 got back with a vengeance so I'm sure I'll get back on the silksong hypetrain as soon as TC shares more news about it.
ah, gotcha

I have not stopped being hyped, lol

and the new trailer in the summer, plus a confirmed release window, have me full hype throttle

I’m thinking… February?

Discovered a Ramen and Bibimap place in town and decided to grab miso ramen to go. They have a bunch of other fun staples. Will post a pic when I get home. Fun to find a place like this in town. They also had tonkotsu and black garlic tonkotsu ramen

(Starts playing Vampire Survivors)

"It's okay, I guess. I don't see what the big deal is."

Several hours later...

(Continues playing Vampire Survivors)

This week I have played the Splatoon 3 docked, Clubhouse Games in tabletop on a plane, NSO N64 in handheld in a hotel, and Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 3 tabletop with others at a brewery. I’m a living Nintendo commercial. Almost feel I should get a royalty check for this.

ah, gotcha

I have not stopped being hyped, lol

and the new trailer in the summer, plus a confirmed release window, have me full hype throttle

I’m thinking… February?

The new short sneak peak was nice and all, but having a short short teaser trailer 3 years after 20 minutes of gameplay didnt really help me :p But yeah, nice knowing it's within H1 next year so February for a release date might be reasonable. And when ever the date is revealed with a new proper trailer and more info I'll be fully invested in the game again :p

Played a couple of demos today, Forspoken and Season.

My immediate impression of Forspoken was that the combat seems a little overly complicated but once I got the hang of it it was fun enough. I'll keep an eye on reviews for that one. (Frey and her talking bracelet talk way too much, but apparently you can adjust the frequency of that so it doesn't bother me that much.)

The demo for Season is very short but holy shit that game is now at the top of my "most anticipated" list. I love everything about it and I can't wait to play the full game next month.

I think I just invented the Gamma Mephit. Comes built in with a 1% chance to vaporize on hit!

I'm thinking about getting the Steam release of Dwarf Fortress. I played the ASCII version of it a while back and got okay at it, but the more user-friendly version of it seems like a good opportunity to jump back in.

Holiday Jazz Day 9: “Egg Nog” The Ramsey Lewis Trio

Love how Lewis incorporates the celeste on this track. It gives it that holiday bell vibe since that has the metal tubes instead of string like traditional keyed percussion. The drumming has that “cool” sport it too it and the bass is playing is just enough rhythm-meets-improv to not just be standards accompaniment.

Ooooo they actually did custom art for a pbeeb recolor. No side details tho, just the logo and kit partial pic

IMG_6231.jpg

Noodles weren’t anything special but everything else was great

IMG_6232.jpg

This week I have played the Splatoon 3 docked, Clubhouse Games in tabletop on a plane, NSO N64 in handheld in a hotel, and Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 3 tabletop with others at a brewery. I’m a living Nintendo commercial. Almost feel I should get a royalty check for this.
Rooftop party next or literally none of this counts.

Hades was better than most, but the fatigue still hit me and I didn't finish it. I think what I liked most about Returnal is that its structure was more about LONG, but fewer, runs, and that appealed to me a lot more than Hades, which had very short and very frequent runs. Basically, I think it comes down to the less repetition I have to go through, the more I'll probably like it. I'll probably pick up Hades 2, though, to see if maybe it'll click more! And I can't pass up Castlevania, so Dead Cells + that is a must-try even if I don't go far in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom