• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing he didn't realize that's what it was until someone told him so he deleted the tweet.
Yeah, that's why I edited my message. Thought it'd be obvious to everyone that this was some antisemitic shit, but it was a wrongful assumption. Sorry.

Has anyone tried Chained Echoes? I won't buy the game until the end of next week but it's always interesting to read opinions!

Has anyone tried Chained Echoes? I won't buy the game until the end of next week but it's always interesting to read opinions!
Haven't played an awful lot so far as Dragon Quest Treasures just came out, but initial impression has been vastly positive! Quirky old school-esque RPG that hits the sweet spot just right. Can't say much more unfortunately, I know you would probably prefer a more detailed view but hey, hope this can help!

Yeah, that's why I edited my message. Thought it'd be obvious to everyone that this was some antisemitic shit, but it was a wrongful assumption. Sorry.
I mean I'm Jewish and didn't immediately realize it was antisemitic either, I just figured he was being weird.

Haven't played an awful lot so far as Dragon Quest Treasures just came out, but initial impression has been vastly positive! Quirky old school-esque RPG that hits the sweet spot just right. Can't say much more unfortunately, I know you would probably prefer a more detailed view but hey, hope this can help!
Old School-esque JRPG without random encounters sounds absolutely perfect to me

Trying to decide which Switch game to get my family for Christmas is difficult. Normally I get them a bunch of Blu Rays but I’m kind of out of ideas on that one. I’m looking at Atari 50 and maybe Super Mario 3D World (which I’ve played and loved.) Or maybe I can do Atari 50 and 51 Clubhouse Games.

Trying to decide which Switch game to get my family for Christmas is difficult. Normally I get them a bunch of Blu Rays but I’m kind of out of ideas on that one. I’m looking at Atari 50 and maybe Super Mario 3D World (which I’ve played and loved.) Or maybe I can do Atari 50 and 51 Clubhouse Games.
Atari 50 and 51 Clubhouse Games? What’s next, Action 52?

I can’t speak highly enough for Clubhouse Games. It’s a fantastic package!

Was working when the Brazil - Croatia ended and suddenly I could hear the neighboor crying and screaming.
Me "Man some people get really emotional with sports"
The wife of the neighboor posting in the street block Whatsapp group " My husband lost half of his year-end bonus because he bet on brazil"
Everyone on the group:

8sW5lAN.gif

At the risk of sounding like a hater I think the appeal of LEGO games might be lost on me, despite enjoying the IPs they‘re based on.
Honestly, same. I got that one Lego City Undercover game super cheap cuz I had heard good things about it (and I LOVE Lego City, legit my favorite Lego products), but it did nothing for me.

At the risk of sounding like a hater I think the appeal of LEGO games might be lost on me, despite enjoying the IPs they‘re based on.

I think their appeal is that they are light, fairly easy adventures. Because they are based on IPs, they don't need to spend time explaining the story or characters. Someone who is already fan of an IP can just jump in, beat up some stuff, and have a little bit of fun. Perfect for children or those looking for something to relax with.

I think their appeal is that they are light, fairly easy adventures. Because they are based on IPs, they don't need to spend time explaining the story or characters. Someone who is already fan of an IP can just jump in, beat up some stuff, and have a little bit of fun. Perfect for children or those looking for something to relax with.
I guess they might be more fun to me in co-op because the beating up stuff by itself doesn't really do it for me.

This is great! I saw the video and I was like "how is this mash-up gonna work?", but I'm a fan now!

I wish I could be more excited for Hades 2, but the pattern for literally every roguelite I’ve ever played is:

First 5-10 hours: Wow this is super fun and I’m addicted! Love the mechanics and can’t wait to play more

~10 hours in: I suddenly have lost all desire to play the game anymore

The only exception being Returnal, which I actually finished. But I put that down to it honestly kind of being a roguelite for people who don’t really like roguelites, in some ways. Something about the progression of roguelites just really doesn’t do it for me after the initial shine wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom