• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @NateDrake your impressions of pentiment on the spawn cast sold me on the game. I have a steam deck and I read it's also verified on it so I'll check it out the coming weeks so thanks

I'm in the middle of PT for my hand would you say it's not as taxing on it?
It plays similar to Into the Woods. A lot of button pressing to get through dialogue and such. But nothing too strenuous.

Satisfying enough build. Color separation is low but bugs me less in a non anime suit. Some fun extra bits. Can definitely see how this line could be a blast to mash up some. Tho now I'm really looking forward to getting the pilot in. If the Zoids kit is only a bit better than this I'll be really pleased when I give one a go

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

I wonder if we will get SMTV Apocalypse or if the team has moved on to the next Etrian Odyssey game. The future may be interesting for Atlus between Etrian Odyssey, Vanillaware, the next Persona and Project Fantasy.

I wonder if we will get SMTV Apocalypse or if the team has moved on to the next Etrian Odyssey game. The future may be interesting for Atlus between Etrian Odyssey, Vanillaware, the next Persona and Project Fantasy.
I hope they went straight to Etrian Odyssey, only because it’d mean we can hear that sweet Yuzo Koshiro OST sooner

Yall there's this restaurant that has a habanero sauce that used to set my mouth on fire and it was really nice on cold days and days when I had a cold. Well it wasn't doing much for my quesadilla tonight so I did an experiment and shotgunned a cup of it and.. nothing. I mean the flavor is definitely there but the heat? Barely a tickle.

...someone stop me from ordering this and doing an even bigger experiment

so went ahead and tried fixing my pro controller. it went relatively well, cleaned the contacts and the buttons particularly the d pad dont feel sticky but the a and b button still feel weird. like clicky and very loose. i dont know if i put it back wrong (dont think i did) but now im not sure it was just the soda. the buttons work (played a bit of mortal kombat 11 to test it out) but i dont like how they feel.

so went ahead and tried fixing my pro controller. it went relatively well, cleaned the contacts and the buttons particularly the d pad dont feel sticky but the a and b button still feel weird. like clicky and very loose. i dont know if i put it back wrong (dont think i did) but now im not sure it was just the soda. the buttons work (played a bit of mortal kombat 11 to test it out) but i dont like how they feel.
You remembered to put the Doritos dust in it right?

Yall there's this restaurant that has a habanero sauce that used to set my mouth on fire and it was really nice on cold days and days when I had a cold. Well it wasn't doing much for my quesadilla tonight so I did an experiment and shotgunned a cup of it and.. nothing. I mean the flavor is definitely there but the heat? Barely a tickle.

...someone stop me from ordering this and doing an even bigger experiment
Do Paqui’s One Chip Challenge and report back to us

I googled that and the first result was from poison control warning that it can cause heart attacks 😳
I’ve done it twice, gonna do it again this week. It’s not too bad.

I mean, it’s bad. It’s hot as hell. It causes stomach cramps afterwords that could be mild or …not… depending on the person.

But it is fun, if you’re the type of person who likes challenging themselves with heat. Making it five minutes without eating or drinking anything after having the chip is an accomplishment!

Somewhat happy that I only played Pokémon for like 15 minutes this weekend and concentrated on Ragnarok. I’m like 26 hours in.

I got god of war, sonic frontiers, mario rabbids, and pokemon…and i stopped playing all of them so I can play the mass effect trilogy again…for the 700th time

Last edited:
I hope they went straight to Etrian Odyssey, only because it’d mean we can hear that sweet Yuzo Koshiro OST sooner
I see you are a person of culture lol. Koshiro soundtrack in the EO games is super underrated, one of my favorites (from my fav entry) is Hoist the sword with pride in the heart from EO 3, the remix in Nexus is also 🔥 🔥

I’ve done it twice, gonna do it again this week. It’s not too bad.

I mean, it’s bad. It’s hot as hell. It causes stomach cramps afterwords that could be mild or …not… depending on the person.

But it is fun, if you’re the type of person who likes challenging themselves with heat. Making it five minutes without eating or drinking anything after having the chip is an accomplishment!
I like somewhat spicy food (think Cholula level) but I would never in a million years do one of those. I'd probably give myself a 50/50 chance of dying.

Not sure I'd want to survive it either, the heartburn afterwards would probably melt half of my town.

Is there anything more beautiful than a giant metal dinosaur of death and destruction?

I sincerely hope they already went to develop Etrian Odyssey. The world needs more Etrian Odyssey.

Heck yeah
A hilarious tiny waifu kit to ride it. Still in the mail tho.

Wild dream

Pokemon Company announced its own emulator streaming service app to Switch where will feature pokemon mainline rpg from gen 1 to 5, including remakes and third versions. It will start early next year with gen 1 and 2 games, and they promise to add more titles throughout the years until get a total of 12 games (gen 3 late 2023, gen 4 in 2024 and gen 5 by 2025 for its 15th anniversary). They are just emulators with added wireless (for battles or training) functions like Red/Blue VC 3DS games. Of course all of them are compatible with Pokémon Home so you can transfer it to Gen 8/9 games.

Other spin offs like Pokémon Stadium, Pinball, etc will arrive through NSO specific console apps.

Do see it coming?

Last edited:
Can someone give me a brief summary about why the Iger coming back to Disney is a big deal and why the previous CEO was so terrible? I don't really follow Disney corporate stuff.

People talking about how much fun they are having exploring in Scarlett and Violet has me kinda jealous. Thankfully, I brought Xenoblade 3 with me so I think that will help scratch my open world itch. I haven't played the first DLC yet and I also two additional (very spoilery) heroes from the main game that I need to get. I was holding off for the first DLC hero to come out so I'd have a decent chunk of content to dive into at once.

I was also thinking about when the story DLC will drop. Torna arrived around 9.5 months after 2 came out. If history repeats itself, the story DLC for Xenoblade 3 would arrive in....May, basically the same time as Zelda. I don't think they will release at the exact the same time but I do think it's possible the DLC drops a month before or after Zelda which crazy to think about. Open world fans are going to be eating good then.

Can someone give me a brief summary about why the Iger coming back to Disney is a big deal and why the previous CEO was so terrible? I don't really follow Disney corporate stuff.

IMO, Chepek's biggest sin was whoring out the theme parks and nickel and diming every square inch except for the bathrooms. Yes, that has been a long running joke about the theme parks being a big money sink, but he actually made it much worse. Top that with cutting services and hurting the experience with Genie Plus (google for a longer explanation), you have a recipe for disaster. While it may be anedoctal, a lot of long-time park veterans that I have read from have been very turned off by Disney's moves over the past couple of years. Enough noise makes a difference after a while.

Also, Kevin Feige (MCU guy) did not get a long with Bobby either. The ScarJo lawsuit really pissed Kevin off, and they supposedly butted heads at other times.

Supposedly Chepek didn't have any friends on the board so I'm guessing that the next financial report won't be hot, so everyone decided that they wanted a change.

My random thought for the evening:

We talk about the internet being a vast ocean of random people, especially with gaming being so popular. Something I've realized though is that it isn't that big as we might think.

I was chatting on the new Wario64 discord this weekend, and I ran into people that I remembered from past forums like a decade ago. I'm not talking about Gaf/Era, I'm talking about Gamespot, Cheapassgamer, and a couple of other ones. Over my 15~20 years of talking crap about video games on the internet I have probably interacted with well over 100K different posters from all walks of the earth (and maybe a few aliens, I'm working on confirming that part). But looking back, I feel like there is a core group of 5~10k of us that have more or less traveled this journey together with our combined love for gaming. It just feels a little crazy thinking how we consider the internet to be full of random people yet you talk to some people for long enough and they aren't so random.

I can also say that I have meet a lot of awesome people here for the first time over the past ~14 months and I hope we get to keep talking for another 20 years together!

My random thought for the evening:

We talk about the internet being a vast ocean of random people, especially with gaming being so popular. Something I've realized though is that it isn't that big as we might think.

I was chatting on the new Wario64 discord this weekend, and I ran into people that I remembered from past forums like a decade ago. I'm not talking about Gaf/Era, I'm talking about Gamespot, Cheapassgamer, and a couple of other ones. Over my 15~20 years of talking crap about video games on the internet I have probably interacted with well over 100K different posters from all walks of the earth (and maybe a few aliens, I'm working on confirming that part). But looking back, I feel like there is a core group of 5~10k of us that have more or less traveled this journey together with our combined love for gaming. It just feels a little crazy thinking how we consider the internet to be full of random people yet you talk to some people for long enough and they aren't so random.

I can also say that I have meet a lot of awesome people here for the first time over the past ~14 months and I hope we get to keep talking for another 20 years!

There's someone I met and used to frequently talk back on the Nsider forums from 2004 to 2006 who went to post on 1up.com, then GAF, and now he's on Era. We are actually from the same area and we're even friends on Facebook who we know what each other looks like though we have never met in person. He still uses the same user name as before but I have changed mine though I never told him about it. I would sometimes have discussions with him on Era and he never knew it was me lol

There's another guy a I met on Nsider and the three of us would actually write reviews and post news. That's how we go to know each other and I'm actually Facebook friends with the other guy as well. He lives out in California so we never met. I don't think he jumped onto another forum so we don't interact online anymore but he still occasional wishes me a happy birthday. I was 15 when I joined Nsider so it's kinda crazy that I have known these two people for more than half my life. I'm sure there are a decent amount of former Nsiders here on this very website that I interacted with back then.

Writing about Nsider just then got me kinda nostalgic. Those were the days. For any kiddies out there, being part of an internet community was very different back then. Having friends you met through the internet was still considered pretty taboo back then. Of course every parent was concerned about online predators which is still a real problem today of course. People joined forums but it wasn't something you really talked about with people in real life. If on a forum you became friendly enough with someone, you might exchange your AOL Instant Message (AIM) usernames and that privately. You couldn't just turn on your laptops webcam and have a video chat with each other. Those were rare back then. Having a digital camera was rare. So sharing a digital photo of yourself with someone you met on the internet was kind of a big deal. So was hearing their voice because microphones weren't as common as well. No cell phones either.

Every day after school I would turn on my PC and head straight to IGN to read up on all the news because with no smart phone, you wouldn't tuned into what was happening 24/7. I'd log into Nsider and my AIM account to start chatting with my friends, obviously procrastinating from doing my homework.

Chapek just recently signed an extension for 3 years (and will likely get a massive golden parachute). Wonder if something happened in the meantime.

Yeah, Scarlet and Violet do sound like a lot of fun but I won't be buying without patches or a price cut (I got Sword for about £25 the month after it released, which is odd for a big Nintendo title). This week I'm taking a little break from XBC3; I'm still in love with it, but I figure I could probably clear the Sparks of Hope campaign in the next week or so. I have an irrational desire to complete new 2022 games while it's still 2022, which means finishing Sparks of Hope and XBC3 on Switch and finding time for Tunic and maybe Pentiment on Game Pass.

Debating getting Cyberpunk for my Series S while download codes are discounted, but I'm unsure. I might not find the time to chip away at it all that much given 2023 starts with JRPGs and I'm sure to be tempted by DQ Treasures (if it's good) and Crisis Core Reunion.

So I go to sleep, and literally overnight people, specifically game dev Twitter, are talking up Hive Social as a Twitter alternative now?
Hey guys, is there a thread where I can see which ST's are taken and/or claim one I want to make?
Yeah, it's pinned in The Roost.

So I go to sleep, and literally overnight people, specifically game dev Twitter, are talking up Hive Social as a Twitter alternative now?

Yeah, it's pinned in The Roost.
Tons of gaming people jumped there quick. Want to give it a try tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom