• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all my fellow Corden haters, never forget the time when Jimmy Kimmel went to his show and got him to admit he didn’t even know any of the names of the cameramen who worked for him (precise moment is at 6:58, but really the whole thing is basically a power move by Kimmel)

(Corden also did a notorious Reddit AMA where everyone trashed him and it feels a bit gratuitous, but there’s so many anecdotes of Corden between rude that it also feels earned)

Unrelated, but has anyone here played Final Fantasy Tactics A2? I own that one but I never played either the original Tactics or Tactics Advance so I'm unsure if I'll be too lost playing it.

The story is very loosely connected to FFTA and not connected at all to FFT (aside from sharing the same world, but in a very distant era).

It's also the best of the three games gameplay wise.

While driving, I remembered that Konami was remastering the first two Suikoden games. That's a thing that was actually announced right and I'm not just losing my mind?

While driving, I remembered that Konami was remastering the first two Suikoden games. That's a thing that was actually announced right and I'm not just losing my mind?

they-are-real-there-real.gif

I have yet to play them. A few years back I was considering digging out the PSP or PS3 and getting a bunch of old PS1 RPGs like the Suikoden games, Chrono Cross, etc. Waiting for HD remasters has paid off. Now if only Square could remember that they own Xenogears.

And all my dreamcast stuff is prepped for my series s. On a usb for now but it’s small enough I should really just transfer it internally. Just don’t know if I wanna bother today
Edit: Wound up easy so transferred the dreamcast stuff internally!

Last edited:
You know, Atlus should make DLC for Persona 5 Royal with new palaces based inspired by shitty people in the real world. Imagine a palace based on Elon Musk or Sepp Blatter.

God adulting and gaming is hard, especially juggling open world games like pokemon and frontiers with service games and indie games lol. I just need to accept defeat and slim down my focus but it feels like the hits just keep coming. I already skipped Rabbids and Splatoon 3, which would have been sure buys for me any other year!

but has anyone here played Final Fantasy Tactics A2
The stories between the three FFT games have at most loose connections, so you’ll be fine playing FFTA2. It’s also the deepest and most polished gameplay-wise, so you can’t go wrong there.

Gangs of Wasseypur
You know I’ve actually liked a lot of the Bollywood movies I watched, my only hangup is that they’re so dang long. I’d pretty much have to set aside a day to watch a 5.5 hour movie.

You know I’ve actually liked a lot of the Bollywood movies I watched, my only hangup is that they’re so dang long. I’d pretty much have to set aside a day to watch a 5.5 hour movie.
So it was filmed and produced as one movie, but released as two ~2hr40min movies at the same time. Every time I’ve watched it, I’ve done it back to back, but I do t think it would be too tough to follow if you had like a day or two as an intermission. Having said that, neither part really works as a standalone experience. It really is just one gigantic movie.

@HockeyBird Hidive going hard on the pickups

Fh8nI4TXEAYFSMI
  • Kubo is too wholesome.
  • Oshi no Ko is a fantastic read, its slowing a bit currently. Interesting premise and rather dark
  • And the one on the topright, I am surprise its getting an adaptation. The internet is gonna have a field day with that one lol.

Honestly I only use Twitter these days to follow Nintendo news, so YouTube and here should be enough for that. Pretty close to deactivating my account.

In a desperate bid to bring back users and advertises, @bellydrum has decided to unban the account of a notorious candy thief, Ronald Dump. Dump was banned from Famiboards from refusing to give up candy he had attempted to steal from a baby. Earlier in the day, Bellydrum put up a poll to his Amiibo collection on whether Dump should be unbanned with 52% of the Amiibos voting yes while and 48% voting for Bellydrum to go sit in a puddle. When Dump's account was unbanned, Bellydrum post "Et tu, Brute?' after googling from Latin phrases he thought would make him sound smart.

In a video interview, Dump was asked about the unbanning of his account. "You know, I'm not sure if I'll returning. Famiboards is not doing too tell. It's a mess. Peoples' names keep changing colors. There is anime everywhere. They got a lot of problems over there. I don't think people will be coming back. Nintendo Anti-social has really become the best Nintendo forum so I don't people to return to Famiboards".

Famiboards has seen a massive exodus of users ever since Bellydrum fired the entirety of the moderation staff and promoted user @HockeyBird to Grand Anime Inquisitor.

The Menu was disposable fun. If you go in expecting more of a fun, twisty thriller than anything resembling cogent social commentary, you'll probably have a good time. It's pretty amusing, but the satire could be and should be sharper and more focused on a certain angle or POV. Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Fiennes kinda carry the movie

You know, Atlus should make DLC for Persona 5 Royal with new palaces based inspired by shitty people in the real world. Imagine a palace based on Elon Musk or Sepp Blatter.
The Elon Musk Palace would just be Reddit. I don’t want to imagine it.

In a desperate bid to bring back users and advertises, @bellydrum has decided to unban the account of a notorious candy thief, Ronald Dump. Dump was banned from Famiboards from refusing to give up candy he had attempted to steal from a baby. Earlier in the day, Bellydrum put up a poll to his Amiibo collection on whether Dump should be unbanned with 52% of the Amiibos voting yes while and 48% voting for Bellydrum to go sit in a puddle. When Dump's account was unbanned, Bellydrum post "Et tu, Brute?' after googling from Latin phrases he thought would make him sound smart.

In a video interview, Dump was asked about the unbanning of his account. "You know, I'm not sure if I'll returning. Famiboards is not doing too tell. It's a mess. Peoples' names keep changing colors. There is anime everywhere. They got a lot of problems over there. I don't think people will be coming back. Nintendo Anti-social has really become the best Nintendo forum so I don't people to return to Famiboards".

Famiboards has seen a massive exodus of users ever since Bellydrum fired the entirety of the moderation staff and promoted user @HockeyBird to Grand Anime Inquisitor.
Sometimes I think your posts are very funny. Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck you're on about. This post falls squarely into the latter category, I'm sorry to say

Hard to pick between The Good, the Bad and the Ugly or Once Upon a Time in America for my favorite Sergio Leone movie.
It's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for me. Once Upon a Time is an almost perfect film, but I have one major issue with it: None of the characters are likeable. They are awful truly vile people. They are not badly written of course. I just wish there was at least one character to root for in what is a 4 hour film. Everything else about it is great though.

By the time the sequel rolled around, which was pretty good and pushed a few of the ideas further (while still having a few of the same elements that were a little frustrating), nobody cared.
As someone that has just now found out that Tiny Metal got a sequel, you can say that again.

I'm traveling this weekend, and it's reminded me of one of my early dreams for Nintendo Switch: the docks to be cheap enough to be sold in bulk to hotels. Instead they ended up being 90 USD and (afaik) discontinued

Sometimes I think your posts are very funny. Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck you're on about. This post falls squarely into the latter category, I'm sorry to say
After running a dumb poll, Elon unbanned Trump from Twitter while spitting out some latin he probably googled to make himself look smart and then Trump made a video about why he wouldn’t return anyway. It was his last big pathetic show and now he has nothing left to pull as the website continues to burn down (and it is burning as feature after feature keeps breaking). Hockeybird was riffing on it.

I always felt like it was a shame Tiny Metal didn’t do well, as a 3D Advance Wars it looked great and it suited the toylike feel of the armour units
The thing is, Tiny Metal really was kind of subpar.

But checking out the Nintendo Life review, it seems like the sequel does address a few of its predecessor's bigger issues. I might have to check that out on a sale.

Mastodon is the one I've seen mentioned most by the people I follow, but it's apparently somewhat compartmentalized, "server-based" I think they were calling it, rather than one big open community.
It's a series of interlinked servers provided by both institutions and individuals. So you can communicate with any server from your server as long as yours doesn't block them, but servers with abhorrent content may get put on a non-discovery list by your server admin so you don't see its content, and that limits the reach to other servers.
It's compartmentalized, but linked, like a building may be compartmentalized for fire-safety, but they'll still have doors connecting rooms. If you're actually interested in the tech, check the help site.

The thing is, Tiny Metal really was kind of subpar.

But checking out the Nintendo Life review, it seems like the sequel does address a few of its predecessor's bigger issues. I might have to check that out on a sale.
Yeah the first one really did have issues- I was also disappointed with it but at the same time the chunky 3D setup was a cool idea that matched the aesthetic, there was an idea of their own there. I didn’t find out it even had a sequel until years later. Worth sticking on the wishlist, the sequel is pretty cool!

When does the Black Friday Offers on eshop start? The Site says it starts at 11/20 but not the specific hour

Last edited:
I'm weak and I bought Star Ocean The Divine Force on Amazon. I'm setting my final limit to Tactics Ogre. If that gets a sale at some point between now and Christmas, I'll get it but nothing else.

I think I’m gonna get Digimon Surivive as my Black Friday pick-up. I’m seeing something to it 17 bucks.

But i think 35 sounds good too. Don’t know what system to get it tho. Looks like it’ll run fine on switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom