• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’m gonna get Digimon Surivive as my Black Friday pick-up. I’m seeing something to it 17 bucks.

But i think 35 sounds good too. Don’t know what system to get it tho. Looks like it’ll run fine on switch
I played it on switch, and it was a surprising experience. It runs well, I had no drops, granted its a tactical rpg/VN. The only nitpick I had, a rather small one, is that the camera feature feels a bit clunky sometimes.

Baba Is You is getting tough. I was very close to quitting level Flower Garden 5, I was completely out of ideas but I got some sudden inspiration and beat it.

One of the toughest puzzles for me so far.

The devil works hard but Team Ninja works harder.

The Master Collection pulled decent numbers for what it is, so it isn't shocking that they're trying to bring back the IP.

Dead or Alive is slightly more surprising and I think above everything else they need to decide what they want DoA to actually be. Whether they want it to be seen as a proper fighting game or as a fanservicey dress-up simulator, that's their call. But they need to commit to one or the other, cause they can't have it both ways.

Baba Is You is getting tough. I was very close to quitting level Flower Garden 5, I was completely out of ideas but I got some sudden inspiration and beat it.

One of the toughest puzzles for me so far.
I'm never going to beat the game lmao

it's a really simple one that I'm stuck on but I just can't figure it out. I think it's based on the exact behavior of MOVE

girl-sure-jan.gif

I don't appreciate this attack on my integrity. I'm gonna buy something off Amazon to make myself feel better.

I will use the Baba is You discourse as an opportunity to once again praise A Monster's Expedition. If you enjoy Baba is You, do yourself a favour and play this game as well. It's incredibly good!

Mastodon is the one I've seen mentioned most by the people I follow, but it's apparently somewhat compartmentalized, "server-based" I think they were calling it, rather than one big open community.
Oh, man, the instanced nature of Mastodon feels very intimidating to me. Not because I don't understand "join a server and connect with other servers," I understand that just fine, but because servers are specific to an interest or an activity, I feel like creating an account on one kinda...pigeon holes me? Like...okay, I do want to go further with game dev, should I join a server for that? Oh, but what if I want something more closely tied to my current profession? Or wait, how about something related to a hobby instead? I don't like that I have to compartmentalize myself or just make several accounts.

I certainly didnt expect for Mugen souls to be ported to Switch in 2023, but if we are getting agarest war then other older games are possible I guess

there's one level in baba is you that I was stuck on for so long, I asked my friend who told me what to do and once I played the game again I had forgotten how to do it again. I don't think I ever beat that one.

There's another one I'm still stuck on, I wonder if I'll ever beat the game

I think it's based on the exact behavior of MOVE
Yeah sometimes I think of the puzzles in terms of literal programming code, and it helps me solve them.

I wonder if I'll ever beat the game
Same

I will use the Baba is You discourse as an opportunity to once again praise A Monster's Expedition
I remember I said on this very site that I would buy A Monster’s Expedition after I beat Baba Is You

I am now reconsidering my stance because I don’t think I’ll finish Baba Is You within the next two years

I'm never going to beat the game lmao

it's a really simple one that I'm stuck on but I just can't figure it out. I think it's based on the exact behavior of MOVE
Which one? Just for curiosity’s sake, I know you don’t want hints.

Ok time for a kit and some anime. Then I need to clean and do some packing for my trip this week. Then it’s Xenoblade time.

Ooooo so that’s why the aspect ratio and overscan was so bad on my series S. It was defaulting to 1080 when my tv is a 1440! So I had to change the setting manually

I saw that Diofield is at 40$. Mmmm, I have a ton to play so Ill wait for a deeper discount next year. Anyone played it? I liked the demo.

I certainly didnt expect for Mugen souls to be ported to Switch in 2023, but if we are getting agarest war then other older games are possible I guess
I skipped the "souls" part of your comment the first time I read it and I can't tell you how utterly confused I was at the idea of MUGEN (as in the fighting game engine) coming to Switch.

"Have Omega Tom Hanks fight Doctor Robotnik anytime, anywhere, on Nintendo Switch."

It's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for me. Once Upon a Time is an almost perfect film, but I have one major issue with it: None of the characters are likeable. They are awful truly vile people. They are not badly written of course. I just wish there was at least one character to root for in what is a 4 hour film. Everything else about it is great though.
I understand your reasoning, and I guess the difference between us is I don’t have to “like” any of the characters in a movie in order to root for them. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with either of our preferences. Still, it’s a tough decision for me since they’re both masterpieces.

My more controversial Leone opinion is that “Duck, You Sucker!” might be a better movie than Once Upon a Time in the West.

I’m pretty optimistic about a new Ninja Gaiden coming off of both Nioh games and the impressions of Wo Long. It’s Dead or Alive that’s the tricky one. An actual reboot isn’t the worst idea.
I just hope they bring back the more ninja feel to it. Gaiden Black was outstanding, Gaiden 2 was great fun, then Gaiden 3 de-emphasized a lot of the wall-running and ninja mobility stuff and had you just slashing up generic palette swapped military guys. Nioh is good mechanically, but it's not the quality of the mechanics I'm worried about, as much as the actual direction of the game. If they reboot Ninja Gaiden as a souls clone I'll be kinda sad.

And yeah, I agree DoA is even tougher. I haven't enjoyed that series since 5 altered the counter system and broke up the story progression. To say nothing of the mess they turned DoA6 into. I literally can't even figure out how to do story progression, it's scattershot and confusing and seems to want to dissuade the player from progressing.

Sorry, I guess Team Ninja games are a button of mine. 😅

I'm traveling this weekend, and it's reminded me of one of my early dreams for Nintendo Switch: the docks to be cheap enough to be sold in bulk to hotels. Instead they ended up being 90 USD and (afaik) discontinued
Having travelled a lot, some hotels screw plates over the HDMI ports so you can’t even access them. Seemingly, this is done to prevent use of things like chromecast or Roku or whatever, but just really weird to see happen. It’s also hard in all but the newest of hotels to have enough outlets behind the tv or easily accessible from that area. I take my dock every time I travel for work. Not that big of a hassle with how I have it set up at home, but a more compact one would be nice.

I understand your reasoning, and I guess the difference between us is I don’t have to “like” any of the characters in a movie in order to root for them. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with either of our preferences. Still, it’s a tough decision for me since they’re both masterpieces.

My more controversial Leone opinion is that “Duck, You Sucker!” might be a better movie than Once Upon a Time in the West.
Duck, You Sucker is the only one of his I haven't seen yet.

Ok! How come no one demanded that I play Tetris Effect? This is like the best version of Tetris I could imagine. Just like an aural and visual wonderland. I think I could play this every day for the rest of my existence and not complain. Got PS Plus extra and may not even download any other games…

Koei Tecmo Games also filed trademarks for “Metaverse Daikoukai Jidai” (Uncharted Waters) “Metaverse Hadou,” “Metaverse Musou,” (Warriors) “Metaverse Nioh,” “Metaverse Sangokushi” (Romance of the Three Kingdoms), and “Metaverse Suikoden” (Bandit Kings of Ancient China) on November 11. These trademarks are likely for protective purposes, as the company filed trademarks for names such as “Isekai Musou” (Other World Warriors), “Gakuen Musou” (Academy Warriors), and “Tensei Musou” (Warriors Reincarnation) several years back.

Lol metaverse musuo.

Isekai Musou: it involves traveling to another world/dimension through portals, like in several crossover Musou beforehand, except the traveling bit is done via being ran over by a truck.

Lol metaverse musuo.
Plot: Cao Cao has wasted a shit-ton of money on NFTs and now he's going to beat the crap out of everyone that's laughing at him for doing so.

Ok! How come no one demanded that I play Tetris Effect? This is like the best version of Tetris I could imagine. Just like an aural and visual wonderland. I think I could play this every day for the rest of my existence and not complain. Got PS Plus extra and may not even download any other games…

Switch port is great. Looks great, runs great. And of course you got it portable.

James Corden somehow winds up doing the most fatphobic bit parts and bombing in gay roles — which he shouldn’t even be taking as a straight actor — and all of this combined with his “theater kid x english white boy” just brings on some of the most cringe-inducing shit

I've always loved Tetris, but I actually teared up the first time I played Tetris Effect. I think it's the combination of the phenomenal soundtrack and the visuals that pull you in to the flow.

Last edited:
Hey @NateDrake your impressions of pentiment on the spawn cast sold me on the game. I have a steam deck and I read it's also verified on it so I'll check it out the coming weeks so thanks

I'm in the middle of PT for my hand would you say it's not as taxing on it?

Look at Square-Enix going after that sweet sweet Famicom Detective Club money :ROFLMAO:

Lol metaverse musuo.
Ewwwwwww

Might have to get the physical edition
Comes out in a few days! Not to stoke FOMO but you best jump on it since LRG handled the physical edition. I think they ship plenty of copies to their retail partners but I still wouldn't wait too long for it.

I really can't wait for my copy to arrive soon. I didn't finish the PS4 version and I no longer have access to a PS4 so this was an easy double-dip.

Tetris Effect is the GOAT
It is known:

James Corden somehow winds up doing the most fatphobic bit parts and bombing in gay roles — which he shouldn’t even be taking as a straight actor — and all of this combined with his “theater kid x english white boy” just brings on some of the most cringe-inducing shit
I haven’t watched (or read) enough about this Corden dude to have an opinion but your post got a legit chuckle out of me.

I haven’t watched (or read) enough about this Corden dude to have an opinion but your post got a legit chuckle out of me.
He’s the Keurig commercial guy, which is the perfect description for his personality. Commercially packaged and lacking in flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom