• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and some friends decided that, hey lets play some PUBG games. It was a long time since.. and so we did.

We had fun, played 3 games and afterwards the game tells us that we've reached our maximum number of casual games this day.
What the heck - that's some shit right there.

According to one camp: lack of a Switch Pro

According to another camp: typical GameFreak

According to me: it needed more time in the oven but they decided to commit come hell or high water to the holiday window
Here's a fourth one: The experience members of the studio worked on Arceus and left the gext gen games to novice, inexperienced members. I mean, I can explain the glitches only this way.

Getting my booster and then FINALLY cracking open Scarlet. So excited.

also very uncomfortable with the fact that riding Koraidon feels as slow or slower than just walking. Arceus didnโ€™t feel that way. Some of itโ€™s the camera zoom but I checked and itโ€™s actually not much faster.
lmao, update, disregard this, made sense by game logic and got solved by game logic so Iโ€™m no longer annoyed

Honestly I think it's a mix of all three factors. Game Freak hasn't got brilliant results out of the Switch so far, but this game seems to be a glitch fest, which isn't a charge you can level at their previous efforts. That suggests to me that this game in hot and that the QA process played second fiddle to releasing on time to keep the whole Pokemon machine rumbling on.

It's pretty obvious this year that even well optimised games with some clever technical decisions, like Xenoblade Chronicles 3, are rubbing up against the Switch's limits, but Scarlet/Violet seems to be particularly egregious by any standard.
I honestly wonder if they could slow down the Pokemon release cycle by 6-12 months without a material impact on the bottom line. Drop an extra DLC pack in there or something if you have to. I dunno. I feel like if they're this consistently having issues maybe it's time to pump the brakes a bit, and as someone who would love to have the time to get back into the franchise, it's really really daunting when they're putting out a new full game nearly every year or two. Other major RPG series do not have that cadence at all.

Playing a videogame requires you to be constantly looking at screen which can cause eye strain, particularly when you're tired. For a TV show or even shitposting on a forum, you can conceivably take micro breaks, turning your eyes from the screen, without losing much.
Games also require mental effort unlike a lot of other mediums. TV is a relatively passive experience, and shitposting requires like no mental energy at all.

Playing a videogame requires you to be constantly looking at screen which can cause eye strain, particularly when you're tired. For a TV show or even shitposting on a forum, you can conceivably take micro breaks, turning your eyes from the screen, without losing much.
I now have to take breaks for the sake of my hand now. Play for around forty minutes or so and then take breaks for an hour or two.

I just played oblivion today and it was a lot of fun to do so.

I also got my booster today! 5 boosters to be exact. The new set, Silver Tempest. But sadly no V cards in any of them.
i used to get v cards all the time just by buying those single packs at kroger but now nothing. nintendo and the pokemon company are conspiring against me specifically.

also happy to add to my ambient Pokรฉmon ramblings that I am enjoying it more the longer I play it

I wish people would stop using the variability of my mileage as a topic of conversation.

And component cables ordered since they do output in 1080 and so I can have my Blu-ray player, series s and switch plugged in at the same time! Got 12โ€™ cause I donโ€™t have a clue what Iโ€™m doing for a media layout in my new place

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Life is checking out highlights from Critical Role campaigns, checking the length of the actual videos, and going, yeah, the highlights are good enough for me.

IMG_6175.jpg
Got in my Discotek sale order! @Derachi

Can't wait for Nintendo for tweet post thanking the over 10 million people who surrendered their money to them, followed by a lot of

giphy.gif

And the endless cycle continues on

Someone explain to me why Pokรฉmon Violet was sold out at TWO Targets near me
Violet did something only one other Pokemon game has ever done before. Like Silver outsold Gold so to has Violet outsold Scarlet aka the "main" versions. Almost no one I know has Scarlet but have Violet. Violet is also outselling Scarlet on Amazon and the eshop.

Almost done with my Sergio Leone rewatch. Just gotta find a good 4 hour window to watch Once Upon a Time in America. All of his movies were beautiful. Duck, You Sucker! was a great movie I barely remembered for some reason.

The mass migration from Twitter is not going so well... There are lots of folks going to Mastodon, but I also see many of my Brazilian contacts creating an account on this "Koo" site as well..

Then there's plenty of artists on Tumblr, and for brands and news sites, you only got Instagram and Facebook as alternatives..

I'm not sure how I'll handle so many different active communities, on top of Discord, WhatsApp and Telegram groups...

The mass migration from Twitter is not going so well... There are lots of folks going to Mastodon, but I also see many of my Brazilian contacts creating an account on this "Koo" site as well..

Then there's plenty of artists on Tumblr, and for brands and news sites, you only got Instagram and Facebook as alternatives..

I'm not sure how'll handle so many different active communities, on top of Discord, WhatsApp and Telegram groups...
I think a lot of Twitter people are waiting for the next Twitter to come along, but itโ€™s probably going to be a while before one really hits all the right notes, gets the full reach and acceptance it needs, and is hopefully better on a few fronts.

Tested out my emulators on my series S. Just ps2 today tested out 3 games. Maximo had no issues. Transformers armada had a weird flickering issue in level but other wise worked fine. Gundam encounters in space, works great! Need to do the tutorial tho XD โ€ฆ sigh I wish my copy of zeonic front wasnโ€™t damaged. Nice to be able to play my small collection of remaining ps2 games again XD
I have a usb drive of ps1 games for my ps classic I may give a go tomorrow. But big project will be setting up dolphin.

So doesnโ€™t look like Iโ€™m getting Pokemon today in the mail. It was supposed to come by 8:00 and itโ€™s uh less than one minute to go. Sad.

According to one camp: lack of a Switch Pro

According to another camp: typical GameFreak

According to me: it needed more time in the oven but they decided to commit come hell or high water to the holiday window

I agree, the funniest realization is that handheld runs noticeably better than docked. Seems unfinished and unoptimized. It also heats up my OLED so much faster in docked than handheld. Something ain't right

Nice chill weekend for me. Finish Pacman world repac tonight, work on Xenoblade, build a kit and watch some anime

going through controller listings right now and its funny how everyone just uses the same stock images of racing games in there. are racing games the only types of games now

yeah now the X button on the joycons is feelling stiff. what are some good controller recommendations since it seems all of my controllers are going into fuck you mode.
Seconding the recommendation for 8bitdo, a friend has a couple of their SNES-style Switch controllers and they're quality stuff.

Also you can get a secondhand Pro Controller for a pretty decent price, that's what I did. Had mine for four years and it's solid as a rock.

Seconding the recommendation for 8bitdo, a friend has a couple of their SNES-style Switch controllers and they're quality stuff.

Also you can get a secondhand Pro Controller for a pretty decent price, that's what I did. Had mine for four years and it's solid as a rock.
mine still works, its just the d pad, a and b button and the l button that are getting sticky from the soda i accidentally spilled on it. i do want to try to tear it down and clean the buttons since i like it. same with the joycons though there its just a problem with the r bumper and the x button.

mine still works, its just the d pad, a and b button and the l button that are getting sticky from the soda i accidentally spilled on it. i do want to try to tear it down and clean the buttons since i like it. same with the joycons though there its just a problem with the r bumper and the x button.
Ooooh yeah, I've had mine open to mess with the D-pad (and to switch to the SNES-style shell), it's not that tough if you have the right screwdriver. Depending on which version you have the D-pad can actually have some contacts partially blocked to stop some of the random false inputs you can receive too, I think they call it the "tape mod," if you'd be interested in checking it out.

Well thatโ€™s Pacman world Repac done! Rescued the family but still have 3 levels left to gold crown and a bunch of the mazes to do. But Iโ€™ll probably go back to those another day, time to focus on Xenoblade

Hey @Suswave I'm up to the Bug gym in Pokรฉmon Violet and I gotta say, the music is really reminding me of some other music...
I literally just beat that gym. The gym leader battle music was amazing.

(it was also a close call, but then again I used recently caught pokemon only so they were around the same level as the gym leaderโ€™s pokemon)

Hey @Suswave I'm up to the Bug gym in Pokรฉmon Violet and I gotta say, the music is really reminding me of some other music...
oh no, I better go listenโ€ฆ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom