• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 2 PowerA Nano for Black Friday. This year Christmas we will move from Super Mario Party to Mario Party Superstars and I don’t want two players on Joy Con and two with Pro Controllers.

I‘m not into Pokémon so I hope I get some time with Bayonetta 3, only played the prologue so far.

If anyone needs something to listen to for 2 hours, I highly recommend this video

What starts out as a vide about the source of oof sound in Roblox becomes a deep dive into the many lies of Tommy Tallarico. There's even some Metroid Prime history thrown in there for good measure!

This video is an absolutely wild ride, even knowing a lot about Tommy's bullshit already. Definitely recommend giving it a watch.

YVbGSRW.jpg
from my 2010's home theater setup guide

Dragon Quest Treasures and Crisis Core Reunion coming out 4 days apart is definitely a decision
And thhose are not the only Square games that month. Romancing Saga Minstrel Song comes out a week before them. Yep, that's right, 3 Square games in one month, 1 remaster, 1 remake and 1 original and exclusive game. We're back in the DS years.

And thhose are not the only Square games that month. Romancing Saga Minstrel Song comes out a week before them. Yep, that's right, 3 Square games in one month, 1 remaster, 1 remake and 1 original and exclusive game. We're back in the DS years.
Oh right, I’m grabbing that too

Oh right, I’m grabbing that too
And the Front Mission remake comes out Nov 30. I don’t think Square is publishing it, but a SE-related release nonetheless.

I'd be interested in both DQ Treasures and Crisis Core Reunion if I weren't such a filthy games glutton and I weren't barely making a dent in my winter stockpile.

My NSO free trial expires on Sunday, so that'll be Splatoon 3 out of rotation for a bit. I think I'll start Sparks of Hope and concentrate on that for a week and see how far I get.

I am playing the Mega Man X series for the first time via the Legacy Collection. I think these are an improvement over the classic 8-bit games in pretty much every way. The movement in these games is really satisfying with the wall jump and dash, more so than other platformers of its time. The games have a lot of rewarding collectibles to find in the levels that make it fun to come back with new weapons. Of course the graphics and music are top class as well. SNES era platformers almost never disappoint.

The final Sigma fight in X3 sucks, though. The first phase isn't terrible but it can really drain your health. The second phase is where it all goes down the drain. Sigma's head hitbox is very tiny and requires you to jump halfway up the wall to hit it, so good luck dodging anything. I don't know how people can beat this without using multiple sub-tanks. And then the game trolls you with a lava wall. This whole gauntlet took me 20+ attempts and I had to refill the sub-tanks every time. Go to hell, game.

I make a meme dunking on the facial glitches in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, I laugh at it now that it's finished, but now I feel bad about posting it in bad faith in case the game is patched appropriately or it's too mean spirited towards the devs.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I make a meme dunking on the facial glitches in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, I laugh at it now that it's finished, but now I feel bad about posting it in bad faith in case the game is patched appropriately or it's too mean spirited towards the devs.
I wonder if it'll get patched at all. The game's state reminds me of how Sun/Moon ran on base 3DS, it was intended to play on the New one. With Bayo 3 and Pokémon being in rough states, could it be that a new Switch iteration got delayed in the last moment.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
The game being patched wouldn’t excuse it launching in a poor state.

I wonder if it'll get patched at all. The game's state reminds me of how Sun/Moon ran on base 3DS, it was intended to play on the New one. With Bayo 3 and Pokémon being in rough states, could it be that a new Switch iteration got delayed in the last moment.

Doubtful. Honestly I think you are seeing things you want to see. Just because certain games aren't optimized isn't evidence that they were ever intended to launch alongside a new console. Pokemon Sun and Shield didn't run amazingly. Was that intended for new hardware all the way back in 2019? It's just easier to conclude that these games, designed for the Switch, are either pushing the system to its limits or in the case of Pokemon, probably not optimized well from a developer that has had issues optimizing games in the past.

the “war” in “wario” is short for “warm pee”

Hello friends I’ve been very busy today (it’s a due date at work)
but also I’ve been seeing Scarlet Violet stuff on twitter

howwwww did this game ship like that

According to one camp: lack of a Switch Pro

According to another camp: typical GameFreak

According to me: it needed more time in the oven but they decided to commit come hell or high water to the holiday window

I imagine new Gen Pokemon release dates are hard to move. It's not just a game that is launching but a whole new cycle of media and merchandise. So even if a game needs some more time, it probably needs to hit its deadline because they definitely don't want cause a domino effect and delay everything else.

I like Pokémon fundamentally and I think I’ll like Scarlet more as I open up the world

and I’m almost always on team “good enough” with GF and Pokémon, and lots of other games in the “performance” department

but some of the choices — in both design and optimization — are a little… huh

I hope there’s a future performance patch for it, because in some of the small but omnipresent stumbles, it’s getting me

also can anyone fathom why they wouldn’t include revives in autoheal? they got it down to one button, but if I want to revive it’s like three?? c’mon!!

According to one camp: lack of a Switch Pro

According to another camp: typical GameFreak

According to me: it needed more time in the oven but they decided to commit come hell or high water to the holiday window
I think it's a mix of everything 😅 but mostly the first 2

Honestly I think it's a mix of all three factors. Game Freak hasn't got brilliant results out of the Switch so far, but this game seems to be a glitch fest, which isn't a charge you can level at their previous efforts. That suggests to me that this game in hot and that the QA process played second fiddle to releasing on time to keep the whole Pokemon machine rumbling on.

It's pretty obvious this year that even well optimised games with some clever technical decisions, like Xenoblade Chronicles 3, are rubbing up against the Switch's limits, but Scarlet/Violet seems to be particularly egregious by any standard.

also very uncomfortable with the fact that riding Koraidon feels as slow or slower than just walking. Arceus didn’t feel that way. Some of it’s the camera zoom but I checked and it’s actually not much faster.

maybe that’s to compensate for there being so many goddamn Pokémon all over that they’re hard to see / avoid running into

but then like… idk

it feels like the textures, abundance, and more diverse animations are direct responses to Sword & Shield complaints, but everything else is a bit hampered by the focus on that

not that those are the scales balanced against at all

just like… casually observationally

again I like a lot of what it’s trying but a lot of the feel of it is like… weird

like it has a lot of good and potential for good but there’s something about almost every experience in it that I don’t like

Pokemon is a lot like Subway. You ask yourself "How did it release like that?" but you eat up it anyway because you're a brainless, gluttonous, consumer who needs to feast on something to feel alive even though it's actually killing you.

Why is being too tired to play video games a thing? Why can't I be too tired to shitpost, or too tired to watch The Simpsons for the umpteenth time. Why am I not too tired to complain about being too tired?

The holidays can't come soon enough, I need that break, damn it.

Why is being too tired to play video games a thing? Why can't I be too tired to shitpost, or too tired to watch The Simpsons for the umpteenth time. Why am I not too tired to complain about being too tired?

Playing a videogame requires you to be constantly looking at screen which can cause eye strain, particularly when you're tired. For a TV show or even shitposting on a forum, you can conceivably take micro breaks, turning your eyes from the screen, without losing much.

We all need a break.

Sadly its peak season where I work, I'm tired oh god why is this happening blaarrrrgh

Oh no wait its the weekend yay

I just play everything with the labo VR set and bungie cords to strap it around my head, so I can be on the pillow at all times. Split joycon mean no need to even lift my arms.

I just signed my timesheet. Took 3 days off next week and the company is closed Thursday and Friday so my vacation starts now. I'm driving to my folks place tomorrow. But tonight I'm just ordering or picking up food. Got Kirby and the Forgotten Land in the mail yesterday but I'll probably try out my Series S a bit more with Cyperbunk. Still working my way through Persona 5 so I have a good amount of stuff to keep me entertained for the week.

Playing a videogame requires you to be constantly looking at screen which can cause eye strain, particularly when you're tired. For a TV show or even shitposting on a forum, you can conceivably take micro breaks, turning your eyes from the screen, without losing much.
That is one part of it for sure. But I am equal parts physically and mentally exhausted.

Just wanted to pop in quickly to say: Pokemon is super fun for me so far, and the horror stories of performance problems seemed way worse than what I have encountered so far! Happy with the game for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom