• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempted to get the XBC 3 pass while I can nab it for £20 and also get Cyberpunk and then giggle and rock back and forth muttering "winter stockpile" over and over to myself without actually finishing any games

Hey all! Long time no see.

Are we expecting a Tears of the Kingdom trailer at TGA? I honestly see both sides and I’m conflicted, lol.

On the one hand, Nintendo has been distancing themselves further and further from big TGA announcements year after year. For example, in 2017 Nintendo shadowdropped the BotW DLC during TGA, but in 2021 they only showed a few ads for games we already saw. (Correct me if I’m mistaken, please. That’s what I remember from last year and I can’t seem to find anything online about it.)

So, this would lead me to believe that NO, Nintendo will NOT show TotK at TGA. But on the other hand…

The game is set to release on May 12, 2023. By the time we’re at TGA, there will only be FIVE MONTHS until the game’s release. Five months before BotW, that game’s marketing was going pretty heavy already (with a ton of footage shown at E3 2016). But here we are, and we only have a few teasers.

This lack of remaining time leads me to believe that YES, Nintendo will show it off at TGA. TGA gets more viewers year after year, so why wouldn’t they send marketing into full swing with this event?

So, I’m totally conflicted. What do you think? Will we see TotK at TGA 2022?

Are we expecting a Tears of the Kingdom trailer at TGA? I honestly see both sides and I’m conflicted, lol.

On the one hand, Nintendo has been distancing themselves further and further from big TGA announcements year after year. For example, in 2017 Nintendo shadowdropped the BotW DLC during TGA, but in 2021 they only showed a few ads for games we already saw. (Correct me if I’m mistaken, please. That’s what I remember from last year and I can’t seem to find anything online about it.)

So, this would lead me to believe that NO, Nintendo will NOT show TotK at TGA. But on the other hand…

The game is set to release on May 12, 2023. By the time we’re at TGA, there will only be FIVE MONTHS until the game’s release. Five months before BotW, that game’s marketing was going pretty heavy already (with a ton of footage shown at E3 2016). But here we are, and we only have a few teasers.

This lack of remaining time leads me to believe that YES, Nintendo will show it off at TGA. TGA gets more viewers year after year, so why wouldn’t they send marketing into full swing with this event?

Judging by last year's TGA, it doesn't seem like they care about TGA anymore. It wouldn't make a big difference if they skipped TGA entirely and showed TotK at a potential new hardware presentation in January.

Does anybody know if 2 people can play on one account at the same time if both of those accounts are NOT the primary Switch?

Example:

Switch A (primary) is not turned on.
Switch B plays Game A.
Switch C plays Game B at the same time.

Meaning, two secondary Switches play two different games at the same time. Does that work or is the general rule that one account can only be online once at the same time?

Does anybody know if 2 people can play on one account at the same time if both of those accounts are NOT the primary Switch?

Example:

Switch A (primary) is not turned on.
Switch B plays Game A.
Switch C plays Game B at the same time.

Meaning, two secondary Switches play two different games at the same time. Does that work or is the general rule that one account can only be online once at the same time?

The latter unfortunately. Secondary Switches always require online authentification to start a game and check if another Switch is using the account. It’s not game specific and one major constrain compared to physical games.

The latter unfortunately. Secondary Switches always require online authentification to start a game and check if another Switch is using the account. It’s not game specific and one major constrain compared to physical games.
That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure for a friend. Thank you!

Aaaaand platinumed Tales of Arise.

First Tales game with an actual doable trophy list haha. Still, fun game. Dunno if the story direct was that great.

The filming for the music video is gonna be tough. I don't want to spoil anything but one scene will require a lot more coordination than others to shoot - I know I can manage it, though! It is a bit intimidating thinking about moving onto the video stage... I've spent the last six months working purely on the song itself and now it's like a big switch

So is Wart Jr. from Animal Crossing actually one of Wart's kids? And if so, does that mean that Luna has access to Subcon or at one point had access to Koholint Island before the Wind Fish woke up?

If so, would it theoretically be possible to fall asleep in Luna's bed and then enter Subcon? Or if the Wind Fish is asleep again, whatever land the Wind Fish has dreamt up?

And how did Birdo make it out of Subcon so that she could play random tennis tournaments and help guard Nimbus Land as Valentina's second?

I have questions. We need a Hyrule Historia, but for all dream-based games and offshoots that Nintendo has ever made.

I would say it's probably best to just assume Nintendo won't show anything at TGA versus getting our hopes up again. I think Nintendo's presence at The Game Awards was mostly due to Reggie being friends with Geoff Keighley, and since he left Nintendo, they haven't been nearly as prominent at TGA as before.

Youtube has been recommending me videos of the Persona dancing games and I have to say, the music is pretty decent. Definitely excited to finally try out P3 and P4 sometime next year, although I will buy them at launch. I'm oddly more interested in P3. I know P4 is usually regarded as the better game but P3 always had me curious. I remember listening to podcasts way back in 2007 when the game arrived in NA. By then the PS3 and Switch were already out by many people were saying people were raving about this RPG on the old ass PS2.

Youtube has been recommending me videos of the Persona dancing games and I have to say, the music is pretty decent. Definitely excited to finally try out P3 and P4 sometime next year, although I will buy them at launch. I'm oddly more interested in P3. I know P4 is usually regarded as the better game but P3 always had me curious. I remember listening to podcasts way back in 2007 when the game arrived in NA. By then the PS3 and Switch were already out by many people were saying people were raving about this RPG on the old ass PS2.
P3 is really cool. Its a bit more old fashioned compared to P4, its still great. Thinking of getting both again, as they rock.

How’s P5R on Switch? I have it on PS5 but playing it handheld sounds dreamy.

So is Wart Jr. from Animal Crossing actually one of Wart's kids? And if so, does that mean that Luna has access to Subcon or at one point had access to Koholint Island before the Wind Fish woke up?

If so, would it theoretically be possible to fall asleep in Luna's bed and then enter Subcon? Or if the Wind Fish is asleep again, whatever land the Wind Fish has dreamt up?

And how did Birdo make it out of Subcon so that she could play random tennis tournaments and help guard Nimbus Land as Valentina's second?

I have questions. We need a Hyrule Historia, but for all dream-based games and offshoots that Nintendo has ever made.
FTR Wart Jr. in Japan is just called "Sam" lol

(Wart in Japan is called "Mamu", which is also what he's called in Link's Awakening globally).

like a big switch
FPE4QDh_d.webp

FTR Wart Jr. in Japan is just called "Sam" lol

(Wart in Japan is called "Mamu", which is also what he's called in Link's Awakening globally).
Yeah? Well, the Mario brothers are plumbers from Brooklyn because 'MERICA, dammit! Therefore, everything I said about WART and WART JR. (good AMERICAN names, unlike Mamu and, uh, Sam) holds true.

(I'm just putting the ol' /s here just in case someone thinks I was serious.)

My brain scan results and bloodwork came back; all clear and normal! Huge relief, as the symptoms of withdrawal can mimic those of a brain tumor.
Hooray for a clean bill of health!

kirby-kirby-dance.gif

I think Zelda TK will be there.

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak was NOA’s trailer last year, confirmed on The Game Awards twitter.

Whoa finally after all this time HGFC Rose Gundam!

20221121_174326.jpg

It’s P-Bandai in Japan. Dice toss if PBUSA or it’s a general release in the west

Finally, modern shuffle alliance kits. Wonder if we’ll get Tequilla Gundam too

I would love a full documentary on switch sports's development someday

I hope we look back on epd outsourcing the design of a very simple and ugly depiction of identical human clones as the trough of pandemic development and post-iwata directionlessness

My Black Friday hunting is officially over

(I might see if anything on my wishlist is in RSA’s holiday sale next week tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom