• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great BF deals for fellow nordic people at elgiganten/elkΓΆp/

299sek (~30$)
Metroid Dread
Mario Strikers
Xenoblade 3
Pikmin 3
Warioware
FE Three Hopes

199sek (~20$)
Age of Calamity
MH Rise
NEO: The World Ends With You

disappointed that I can’t recreate any of the fun graphical glitches in pocket man

if the day one patch solved the funniest problems, that’s more of a loss than a win in my book

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I guess am a one year older now. Stop the time.
Made that same wish last October, and the year before...maybe one day the universe will listen πŸ™ƒ Happy birthday all the same and hope you have a great one dude!

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Can I resist getting Mass Effect Legendary Edition at 21€? I don't think I can. The longer the sale goes on, the weaker I get. The deal is too good to pass up on.

Not having the time to play it anytime soon is not really an argument against jumping on that offer either. For I have become what I hated the most. A hoarder of digital games.

clicks A to purchase

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
e|--------------------------------------------------------------5------| B|----------2----------------------------------------5-5--5-5-5----7---| G|-----4b6--------4b6r4-b6r4p2-4------------------/6-------------------| D|-4--------------------------------4-b-5-r-4------------------------4-| A|---------------------------------------------------------------------| E|---------------------------------------------------------------------| e|-------------------------9--9b10-9-7----------------------| B|---------------------------------------10-9--9b10r9-------| G|-4b6---6r4p2--4b6-----/9----------------------------9/11--| D|----------------------------------------------------------| A|----------------------------------------------------------| E|----------------------------------------------------------| e|-------------------17-----------------------------------------------------------------------------| B|-------14-17b19-------17b19-----17h19p17-17-------------------------------17-17-------------------| G|----14---------------------------------------18--18b19b18-16b18-r-16-16---------16b18r16--14------| D|-16--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------16-| A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| e|----17b19---17-------------------------------------------19b21-r---pb21-r-19---19-19-| B|-14-------------17b19----17p14-------------------------------------------------------| G|-------------------------------14--16--14-16b18--------------------------------------| D|------------------------------------------------------19-----------------------------| A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| e|-16----------------------------------------| B|-----17------17-b19-19-----19-19-19\14-----| G|---------16--------------------------------| D|-------------------------------------------| A|-------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------| e|----------5/7-5------------------------------------------------------------| B|-------7-----------9/10--9-\5-5-----7-/9-9-----7\5-5h7-----5\2/5--2--------| G|---2/6-----------------------------------------------------------------4b6-| D|-4-------------------------------------------------------------------------| A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------| E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------| e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| G|-6b7----6---4-2-4b6--r--4-2-4---2---------4----------------------------------------------------------| D|--------------------------------------/7------7p6-------------------------4--------------------------| A|---------------------------------------------------7-----7----------------4--------------------------| E|---------------------------------------------------------0----------------2--------------------------|
fuck

I'm over 30 but I have Asian genes from I'm biologically only 18. My barber still asks me if I have graduated high school yet despite her cutting my hair for the past 20 years.

I guess it's a running gag for her? Else i would be a bit worried about the lady using sharp tools on a head ... which is a quite important body part after all.

When Fire Emblem Pepsi gets added into the next Smash Bros, I'm hoping they can also summon Marth just like in the game so we can have even more Marths in Smash Bros.

Stop time on your birthday?

So it can be your birthday forever?

I see what you're trying to pull.

daily cake
you can do that without stopping time if you’re not a coward

you can do that without stopping time if you’re not a coward
Yeah but there's cake you seek and then there's cake you're given.

They hit different.

Or at least I think they do

I actually don't like cake very much so I'm not an expert

disappointed that I can’t recreate any of the fun graphical glitches in pocket man

if the day one patch solved the funniest problems, that’s more of a loss than a win in my book
I'm almost disappointed. I was expecting the biggest mess this side of Sonic '06. And for that first hour, it's pretty janky, makes a terrible first impression. But then I play the game, and the jank is still there, for sure, and it does get in the way, but in spite of all of that, I'm having a blast.

I feel like people go into the new Pokemon expecting to see all the glitches they've seen online every couple of steps, but in practice I've seen around 2 of them after 20 hours: while battling a pokemon in a pond my Sprigatito slowly slid down into the pond and by the end of the fight he was underwater (this didn't affect the battle at all, it was just a visual thing), and the second glitch was the moon rising very quickly during a boss battle (and I only noticed it cuz I had seen it before so I was expecting it). Beyond that, every once in a long while the camera will clip into a building or into the ground. The performance issues are real enough and bother me a lot more, but even those haven't been enough to spoil the game for me.

An underrated gem. One of my fav games this years. TL;DR its a puzzle/VN game (similar to AI or danganronpa) but this game has shmups sections lol. There is a progress-carrying demo

I'm almost disappointed. I was expecting the biggest mess this side of Sonic '06. And for that first hour, it's pretty janky, makes a terrible first impression. But then I play the game, and the jank is still there, for sure, and it does get in the way, but in spite of all of that, I'm having a blast.
yeah I think my biggest qualms have turned out to be… relatively normal qualms, just frontloaded

pokΓ©mon cutscenes are always slow with a lot of unnecessary dialogue β€” so having a bunch in a row at the start was rough

combined with the split second cutscene camera transition glitches β€” annoying

and a classic open world memory leak making shit weird? yeah that tracks

it wasn’t clear that ONLY the first city has a loading time. everything you do everywhere else feels way more right

the PokΓ©mon in the wild feel really truly lively and I really am having so much fun with the rest

there are a lot of design choices that are puzzling, and several aspects of the human designs that annoy the shit out of me, but I think it might actually be a good PokΓ©mon game when the dust clears

hopefully patches will make it feel even better, or at least make the annoyances less annoying

furious about the breadth of the β€œbadges” though because the structure sort of takes another swipe at something I’m working on!!

I feel like people go into the new Pokemon expecting to see all the glitches they've seen online every couple of steps, but in practice I've seen around 2 of them after 20 hours: while battling a pokemon in a pond my Sprigatito slowly slid down into the pond and by the end of the fight he was underwater (this didn't affect the battle at all, it was just a visual thing), and the second glitch was the moon rising very quickly during a boss battle (and I only noticed it cuz I had seen it before so I was expecting it). Beyond that, every once in a long while the camera will clip into a building or into the ground. The performance issues are real enough and bother me a lot more, but even those haven't been enough to spoil the game for me.
Yeah, I remember seeing posts like β€œthe whole game is like this” where the game hangs during a pokeball animation and I’ve not seen anything like that yet. Sure there’s some weird shadows and pop in but I haven’t seen anything even worthy of clipping yet.

Yeah, I remember seeing posts like β€œthe whole game is like this” where the game hangs during a pokeball animation and I’ve not seen anything like that yet. Sure there’s some weird shadows and pop in but I haven’t seen anything even worthy of clipping yet.
I have no doubt there are still issues, but I’m wondering if a bunch were partially addressed or softened by the day one patch β€” a lot of people got their hands on the game early

just to clarify I’m not making excuses for glitches or saying it’s totally fine and normal

but I am curious about the ongoing causes / potential fixes / whirlwind bugfix chaos dome

That has been the most notable thing in my playthrough (outside of performance). I've have not seen any of the weird thing on twitter yet, I think I'm like 15 hours in.

So, we are a month and some change away from January…when does direct speculation start again? My money is on a February direct focused primarily on new hardware and zelda

mainstream theatrical animation in the West
It’s a bit weird because the fidelity of the CG has been astounding, but the art direction tends to be visually clutter-y, perhaps due to a persistent, misguided notion that only kids watch animation and they need constant visual stimulation to sate their short attention spans.

Beat both chapters 4 and 6 of KI:U in 9.0! I'm doing better than I expected so far, helps that I got some good weapon drops... Still, there's 19 chapters left and they're all much harder than the first 6 so... yeah, it'll be tough.

It’s a bit weird because the fidelity of the CG has been astounding, but the art direction tends to be visually clutter-y, perhaps due to a persistent, misguided notion that only kids watch animation and they need constant visual stimulation to sate their short attention spans.
My issue is more how samey it all looks to me. Every time there's a trailer for a new animated film here I can't tell if it's Pixar or DreamWorks or BlueSky or Illumination or or or...

Compared to, like, Laika. When a Laika trailer starts, you know it. And what Sony did with Spider-Verse is absolutely incredible. Yes we get tiny theatrical runs of stuff like Shinkai films or Tomm Moore's work, but they receive barely any buzz or recognition and often you'd have to travel to find a theater even showing them. I'd like more stuff like that in our mainstream releases. I hate that the best animation just gets unceremoniously plopped on goddamn streaming.

</endrant>

So, we are a month and some change away from January…when does direct speculation start again? My money is on a February direct focused primarily on new hardware and zelda
unless someone stops me I'm going to make a thread on January 1st

I don't actually believe anyone has reserved yet*. You wanna do it?

*I don't know for sure and accept no liability for being incorrect
While I was thinking of doing one for March next year (I love something poetic of running OT18 and ST18 lol), truthfully I'd have no time to get one up that's even relatively barebones with only a week and a half away haha. I want to take some time doing something funky with graphics if at all possible. I mean, how hard can it be to learn how to make an animated GIF parodying a cartoon intro?

February Direct is 99% happening. Zelda will force Nintendo's hand.
#TeamJanuaryStaysWinning

What are you talking about, November just stβ€”

Fuck.
Yeah... yeah...

tfw your post has 199 characters and you start looking up longer synonyms in the dictionary for that sweet sweet Famimoney.
That emotion whence your text broadcast hath ninety-nine-and-one-hundred characters and you establishing research practices seeking synonyms in the Oxford English Dictionary for that saccharine gratifying Famicurrency

tfw your post has 199 characters and you start looking up longer synonyms in the dictionary for that sweet sweet Famimoney.
My character counter still doesn't show up for some weird reason so I just gotta fuckin wing it and be my usual windy, verbose, circumlocutory, grandiloquent, loquacious, garrulous, uh.. yakkity self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom