• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well hell yes Donatello, master of the bo staff, proof that even if you live in the literal sewers, you don’t need to be an idiot
Well yeah, have you seen NYC living costs these days? I wouldn't be surprised to find the smart people migrating to the sewers and building a low-to-no-rent community

FF12 always has been, and will forever remain the best FF.
While it's definitely become one of my favourite FFs over the course of these last few years, I can't help but still moan about what could have been.
I mean, I don't think it is all too controversial to say that the Judges for instance had so much more potential than what we got in the final game in the end. I still love what is there, but just imagine how much better it could still be. Putting every other Final Fantasy to shame, basically. Not that 6, 7, and 9 wouldn't still be very close contenders as well, but I think 12's concept is the most appealing to me on a fundamental level, but out of those four games probably also the one with the weakest execution in the final release.

also kinda agree about famicoins being lowkey stressful — I like them and I’m intrigued but the idea that there’s a manner of posting worth more imaginary currency than others and having that number be so prominent on my every post feels a little… mmmmmmm… nnnnnmmmmhrrrrrmgh.

and the character count is kinda stressful too and I don’t like when what I’m typing gets mixed up in it. maybe if it was just the number??

orrrrr maybe I’m just having a bad wave of anxiety right now and these are all normal and good things

because I truly like them and the ideas behind them?

also I know this is supposed to go in the other thread but I’m a little hmm right now

Naw you're good

I'm wondering if it might be better to not display a member's Famicoins count on every post, and instead keep it a number on a member's profile page, always available, just not shoving itself in our faces.

Do you think that would help?

Edit: or maybe I could add an option in Preferences to hide it from posts.

Lmao I see what you did. Doesn't seem to have worked though? Which is weird
Yeah, didn't work out the way I planned it to. But I guess that's a good thing. I did it for the shits and giggles (because I'm a clown, lol), but I'm sure there'd be potential for folks seriously exploiting it that way.
I do have to wonder -- did you notice by quoting my post? :D

Naw you're good

I'm wondering if it might be better to not display a member's Famicoins count on every post, and instead keep it a number on a member's profile page, always available, just not shoving itself in our faces.

I think, at least for the back and forth way I’m feeling about it right now, that would help. or at least having an option (I know options are like 6x the programming work, and I’m so sorry for the line of thought. like literally I worked til 11 tonight because of fucking options)

I think, at least for the back and forth way I’m feeling about it right now, that would help. or at least having an option (I know options are like 6x the programming work, and I’m so sorry for the line of thought. like literally I worked til 11 tonight because of fucking options)

How about this

I'll remove it from posts right now until whenever I end up adding the option to hide it, at which point I'll put it back on the posts and you can just hit the Hide button in your preferences.

Edit: there we go

Naw you're good

I think a preference option(s) to hide both Famicoin and character count would be nice. The character count bothers me most on mobile because every sentence I write crashes into it. The gold count isn’t that bad, but a little distracting / too game-y for my liking. Still think both features are neat though!

I think a preference option(s) to hide both Famicoin and character count would be nice. The character count bothers me most on mobile because every sentence I write crashes into it. The gold count isn’t that bad, but a little distracting / too game-y for my liking. Still think both features are neat though!

I agree on both of those accounts.

In the end, I think I'll default Famicoins to visible with an option to hide it, and default the character count to hidden with an option to show it.

I agree on both of those accounts.

In the end, I think I'll default Famicoins to visible with an option to hide it, and default the character count to hidden with an option to show it.
the mad bastard did it!! praise to the mad bastard!!

sorry if calling you a mad bastard is unwarranted, it just had a jovial ring to it I really wanted to get across. will delete if needed

the mad bastard did it!! praise to the mad bastard!!

sorry if calling you a mad bastard is unwarranted, it just had a jovial ring to it I really wanted to get across. will delete if needed

feels comfy. I'm chuffed

Same. The migraine I had earlier wore me down.

@Imitatio considering buying monster hunter world for my deck. Was always interested in it

Confession, I haven't played a monster hunter at all before
My. God.
And here I thought you were one of the good ones. But no Monster Hunter before? Smdh my head.

Well, I'll forgive you. In all seriousness, though, you might wanna try a demo on one of the consoles before. These games simply aren't for everyone out there. The demos aren't great for newcomers, but at least you'll get a feeling for how the main game will play.
Not sure if there is still a World demo/beta on PS/Xbox, but Rise on Switch still has its demo up, iirc.

The demos aren't great for newcomers
As someone who only got into Monster Hunter with Rise, I have to say that the demos are terrible at getting newcomers invested into MH. What convinced me was the Game Trial. Being able to play the full game gave me a better understanding of the gameplay loop and difficulty curve.

While it's definitely become one of my favourite FFs over the course of these last few years, I can't help but still moan about what could have been.
I mean, I don't think it is all too controversial to say that the Judges for instance had so much more potential than what we got in the final game in the end. I still love what is there, but just imagine how much better it could still be. Putting every other Final Fantasy to shame, basically. Not that 6, 7, and 9 wouldn't still be very close contenders as well, but I think 12's concept is the most appealing to me on a fundamental level, but out of those four games probably also the one with the weakest execution in the final release.
Yeah, that is all true and valid. But on the one hand, imagine FF12 were a perfect game. How boring and ultimately pointless would discussions about which FF is the best be?

And on the other hand, look at this dapper fella:
Jwlqbys.jpg
I rest my case.

As someone who only got into Monster Hunter with Rise, I have to say that the demos are terrible at getting newcomers invested into MH. What convinced me was the Game Trial. Being able to play the full game gave me a better understanding of the gameplay loop and difficulty curve.
Yeah, I'd say the demo versions are there to get a general feel for the game. I know quite a few people that are not into how deliberate the combat system and movement are, and I think the demos do a good job of setting the right expectations in that regard.
They're pretty much useless for anything else, though, haha. I agree that it's mainly the underlying gameplay loop that has to get its hooks into you, and the demos don't really convey what that is like in the full game.
Ultimately it really depends on what you hope to get out of the demos. The game trials probably are the better introduction for most people, but less so for folks already into MH.

Good morning Famiboards! Hunger will soon compel to leave the toasty warmth of bed.

Can't believe we're approaching mid-November and my to-play pile still includes Sparks of Hope, Pikmin 3 DX, and Nier Automata, and has now grown to include This War of Mine and Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Oops. Golf Story might also get promoted out of the Pile of Shame and into to-play, too.

I'll probably just keep playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, though. And resub to NSO so I can join the Splatfest this weekend...

My. God.
And here I thought you were one of the good ones. But no Monster Hunter before? Smdh my head.

Well, I'll forgive you. In all seriousness, though, you might wanna try a demo on one of the consoles before. These games simply aren't for everyone out there. The demos aren't great for newcomers, but at least you'll get a feeling for how the main game will play.
Not sure if there is still a World demo/beta on PS/Xbox, but Rise on Switch still has its demo up, iirc.
From what I've seen it looks fun and I did try out the rise demo. I just never gotten around to buying either games

The next general Direct speculation is a special one as it will also include speculation about Drake being announced in it or via an own event.

Exciting!

Or not...
They will never announce it. One day, the new model will start appearing in online shops and at retail out of thin air, and Furukawa will just be like "You happy now, you impatient twats?" on whatever platform will have replaced twitter.com by then.

I prefer the character models and designs from their PS2 game Radiata Stories a lot more, and the more... drawn, cel-shaded look? (pic quote unrelated!)

radiatatime610.jpg
Unlike Monolith Soft, tri-Ace has never really managed to adapt their character designs to HD. And I don't think it's controversial to say that the creepy doll-like character models are one of the reasons why their games often have lukewarm reception. Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile 2 still look great, almost everything else they've made since then... does not.

They will never announce it. One day, the new model will start appearing in online shops and at retail out of thin air, and Furukawa will just be like "You happy now, you impatient twats?" on whatever platform will have replaced twitter.com by then.

You joke, but that would prolly be the most efficient way to lock out bot-abuse from scalpers.

Not a staff stance but personal thoughts: It's probably best to start the next Direct speculation season formally on or around January 1st.

For the timing discussion and theories, it's not happening this year and, in terms of releases, we pretty much have the rest of year schedule down barring a hypothetical Twitter announcement for a minor December release. We all know it's going to be a question of which week in February, but team January will want their chance as per usual, so having it start in early January is probably clever. Earlier than that risks dragging it out.

Will we hear anything about Advance Wars before 2023? The release schedule for tactics-style games absolutely stacked, and the war in Ukraine is still ongoing... But how long can they sit up this title, and how will they announce its eventual release?

Tactics Ogre and Sports Story have definitely softened the blow.

Will we hear anything about Advance Wars before 2023? The release schedule for tactics-style games absolutely stacked, and the war in Ukraine is still ongoing... But how long can they sit up this title, and how will they announce its eventual release?

Tactics Ogre and Sports Story have definitely softened the blow.
Unless they decide to drop it in January/February, which would be stupidly close to Fire Emblem, I doubt we will hear anything about it before the next General Direct at the earliest.

Plus, with the war continuing to be a thing, they could keep sitting on it for quite some time. Probably without it impacting its sales either. It is a relatively niche game, and the people interested in it won't go "Eh, don't want it anymore" out of spite whenever they drop it.

Not a staff stance but personal thoughts: It's probably best to start the next Direct speculation season formally on or around January 1st.

For the timing discussion and theories, it's not happening this year and, in terms of releases, we pretty much have the rest of year schedule down barring a hypothetical Twitter announcement for a minor December release. We all know it's going to be a question of which week in February, but team January will want their chance as per usual, so having it start in early January is probably clever. Earlier than that risks dragging it out.
It started on New Year’s Eve last time. I think anytime after Christmas is pretty solid. People are looking ahead and ready to go.

New Year's Eve or the week before it would be fun. And maybe a good pick-me up for us who experience the post-Holiday blues after Boxing Day.

Thats a very good timeframe, because thats when i'm in my long christmas holidays and prolly won't be around here that much during that time!

;D

@Raccoon always says that, just means he's (understandably) tired. But he always comes back!

God of War looks waaaaay better than Horizon IMO
Hm, I don't see it. I think Forbidden West on PS5 is the best looking console game by far, but different strokes for different folks.

Nintendo is releasing Fire Emblem Engage in January just to shut all the people who are still team January after all these years.

Hm, I don't see it. I think Forbidden West on PS5 is the best looking console game by far, but different strokes for different folks.
I haven't played HFW yet but the correct answer is actually Rift Apart

I prefer the character models and designs from their PS2 game Radiata Stories a lot more, and the more... drawn, cel-shaded look? (pic quote unrelated!)

radiatatime610.jpg
Oh man. Why did you remind me of this game. I still regret not finishing the game before my PS2 got busted. One of the most "delicious" jrpg's I've played in that gen with that music and art (as seen above). Tri ace really needs to push for a HD remaster of this game. If Kawazu can do it with Saga they can too.

Seriously, the list is still very long for Square PS2 JRPG's to be remastered:
Radiata Stories
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme
Dawn of Mana (hey I liked it)
Code Age Commanders
Valkyrie Porfile 2 Silmeria
Unlimited SaGa
Star Ocean Till the End of Time (this was a part of upscaled PS4 PS2 classics but not fully remastered)
Musashi Samurai Legend (this game was very hard to find back then)
Drakengard 1-2 (give me all of the Taro games on Switch!)
Dragon Quest V (I love the way this remake looked, more than DS remake. would be even better in hd and widescreen)

Looking forward to the "March Direct" predictions because both January and February have Nintendo releases dated.

I’m currently team January since we don’t have a March or April game in sight.
In March and April, everyone is still busy with FE and Octopath. And they still need room for their non-stop Zelda marketing bombardment in the lead-up to its May release.

Hate to break it to ya, but they wouldn't dare overshadowing Zelda like that.

#TeamJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom