• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried out the Star Ocean Divine Force demo on PS4. What is this field music? And this voice acting? Feels like I've been taken back to the early 2000s. Game was fun but the framerate was not amazing. Should try it on the Xbox Series S this weekend.

I see the money making has begun. Shall we all succumb to the madness that is Famicoin? Get drunk with the power of being rich?

...eh, I collected 240 of those damn Blue Coins and almost 1000 of those Regional Coins, both twice over, I'm sure things will turn out just fine.

I guess it's time to be more stingy with my Yeahs! That's the only way I'm going to climb the leaderboard.

Also I'm super pleased a meme generator exists for this frame

B4YkwOq.png

I am trialing some thanksgiving cocktail ideas. First one is sort of a riff on the fruit type dishes that you might have for the fall season. Working with cranberry, apple, and orange flavors. I used Dry Curaçao and Calvados apple Brandy (I know America doesn’t give a shit, but I’m very particular about having liquors or wines that follow European naming conventions rather than our usual practice of ripping those names off here). Wanted to have the triple sec have that richer flavor from the cognac and brandy versus a schnapps type since I had the apple brandy as well.
12-D5-F506-8-FD4-420-B-9-D87-5-BF54-D653-F23.jpg

Then I added unsweetened cranberry, a homemade grenadine made with pomegranate cherry juice, and lemon juice. I could have used orange juice but had a lot of sweet since the grenadine is 2:1. Think the sour notes will balance that out and also lengthen the sweetness since it won’t be cloying.

173-AE6-DD-3-A9-E-43-DB-8-A22-1-A7-F452-FA03-E.jpg

Final product. Garnished with a cocktail cherry in a Nick and Nora glass but think I will use a coupe for the shallow glass to make it look fuller. Also will add a long orange twist to it and express the oils on the rim to give that orange flavor you get with something like a spiced cider.

3917-CFEA-CA0-A-4-DF3-B040-01-B5-FAA5-D10-B.jpg

BC7-CC1-F2-2-FFB-43-D0-8202-FC69-FC00179-B.jpg

Turned out pretty well. Almost needs a spice note to it, but think that will be in my next idea, which should be pretty good.

Just tried out the Star Ocean Divine Force demo on PS4. What is this field music? And this voice acting? Feels like I've been taken back to the early 2000s. Game was fun but the framerate was not amazing. Should try it on the Xbox Series S this weekend.
This is clearly a second-class PS2 JRPG but with today's AA budget

Headache I had part of yesterday was back with a goddamn vengeance and I logged off for the day for my own sake as I couldn't tolerate being on anymore

Headache is pretty much gone and I'm hoping to have a good night sleep tonight

My bday present to me(and Pacman which happened to arrive in the mail. Ultraman stuff was a surprise grab from a clearance bin at my flgs)

IMG_6103.jpg

In positive news, it seems my friend's conservative dad was targeted by the Phantom Thieves and he had a change of heart and voted Democrat this election. It seems to have come after he has finally accepted his daughter's sexualities. My friend is bisexual and her sister is gay.

The gargantuan popularity of the Switch among school age kids I work with makes me certain that its going to be one of those systems like the NES that shapes the gaming childhood of a generation.

EDIT: Post #1000 on Fami! Thanks so much for having me, you're all awesome. :)

The Pokemon hype has definitely set in. Only a week to go, but it's going to be long now that we have the leaks. I wonder how soon reviews will go up?

This is clearly a second-class PS2 JRPG but with today's AA budget

I mean it's tri-Ace, it's what they've done for 20 years. Make really great games with awesome battle systems, and then wrap it all up in a bunch of nonsense while operating on a budget of like $6.

I kind of dig it. It has its charm and I think AA games can do fun things that you wouldn't see in a AAA RPG. My main problem with Tri-Ace games has been and still is their character models. The ones in Divine Force and The Last Hope look like they came straight out of a PS2 game and then upscaled to higher resolutions. It's that somewhat realistic looking anime look that is off putting. It's as if an anime figure was blown up to scale and then given life.

Speaking of RPGs: Happy one year anniversary, SMTV!

I may not have liked you as much as SMTIV, but you're still a damn good game that I really enjoyed.

I kind of dig it. It has its charm and I think AA games can do fun things that you wouldn't see in a AAA RPG. My main problem with Tri-Ace games has been and still is their character models. The ones in Divine Force and The Last Hope look like they came straight out of a PS2 game and then upscaled to higher resolutions. It's that somewhat realistic looking anime look that is off putting. It's as if an anime figure was blown up to scale and then given life.
Well, the Last Hope is a 360 game from 2009, so considering what development was still like at the time they might as well still be old ass PS2 models slapped onto an HD console. With Star Ocean 6 though, I basically have to concede that this has to be some kind of artistic decision for that series for better and worse. They've worked on better looking games, but yeah it's an ~aesthetic~ that I guess seems to work for them. I kinda take it in stride with the rest of the kinda janky vibes and just general goofiness of what they do, but if somebody were just out from looking at it I'd get it.

I prefer the character models and designs from their PS2 game Radiata Stories a lot more, and the more... drawn, cel-shaded look? (pic quote unrelated!)

radiatatime610.jpg

Oof. The cowabunga collection switch icon is abysmal.
I was also disappointed with Cowabunga Collection's icon. Especially after how nice the Switch icon for Shredder's Revenge looked.

The icons for Konami's other collections all looked good, too. (Castlevania, Contra, etc)

I must optimize my Famicoin earnings by posting 1 Famicoin worthy thread per day

Be prepared for random hot takes and shilling of random indie RPGs, Fami (Note: I will not actually do this, it sounds like a lot of work)

I distinctly recall you saying you didn’t want to be OP on anymore direct threads after the never ending thread this summer
@Raccoon always says that, just means he's (understandably) tired. But he always comes back!
I put about two hours into God of War. Yeah, it’s pretty good! I think this might be interpreted as a troll and I don’t mean for it to! Having said that, I am not overly impressed with the visuals. Again, I don’t mean for this to sound snobby - it looks very good! I just have Horizon Forbidden West on my mind recently. Though, maybe that game is just otherworldly when it comes to animation and visuals.

Anyway, God of War is good. Feels right at home.
God of War looks waaaaay better than Horizon IMO
The gargantuan popularity of the Switch among school age kids I work with makes me certain that its going to be one of those systems like the NES that shapes the gaming childhood of a generation.

EDIT: Post #1000 on Fami! Thanks so much for having me, you're all awesome. :)
We love having you here!

I bashed the looks of Cohost, yet I find myself oddly intrigued and chomping at the bit to make my first post on there. Only have 9,000 someodd people in front of me! Gonna use hashtags like crazy and see if I can get a bunch of Cavs fans on there to rival Cavs Twitter. 😅

It’s not. Donatello. Best weapon and smartest.
Well dammit

I was gonna say it was a trick question and Donatello is the actual best one

But then you gave the actual correct answer

Ah well hell yes Donatello, master of the bo staff, proof that even if you live in the literal sewers, you don’t need to be an idiot

Also, ditching all images in my Pokemon Scarlet/Violet OT and replacing them with characters so I can get that sweet sweet Famicoin.

I just received a notification that I received zero Famicoins for a recent post

I wasn’t even asking

I wasn’t even expecting coins

But because of this message, so this is how you wanna play huh. Oh we’re gonna play, coin-minting robot

Watching the Tales of Symphonia Remastered release date trailer definitely gave me a good nostalgia dose, and reminded me that it has an absolutely STACKED voice cast.

But man, February 17th 2023 is not the time to release that game, it's going to get buried hard right in that release window just from other RPGs, especially just before Octopath 2. March was wide open, and still in the fiscal year.

Olli Olli World can be a little… terminally millennial in the writing / naming / setdressing department

but it’s also by far one of the best games I’ve played this year

now that I’ve made it through a fair chunk of both expansions, I have to mention again how much I’m enjoying it

also kinda agree about famicoins being lowkey stressful — I like them and I’m intrigued but the idea that there’s a manner of posting worth more imaginary currency than others and having that number be so prominent on my every post feels a little… mmmmmmm… nnnnnmmmmhrrrrrmgh.

and the character count is kinda stressful too and I don’t like when what I’m typing gets mixed up in it. maybe if it was just the number??

orrrrr maybe I’m just having a bad wave of anxiety right now and these are all normal and good things

because I truly like them and the ideas behind them?

also I know this is supposed to go in the other thread but I’m a little hmm right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom