• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that this is a forum primarily composed of Nintendo fans so the answer will probably be quite biased, but...

Is Bayonetta 3 good for a person who's never played a Bayonetta game before? I've heard amazing things, the reviews are so high... but I'm not really sure if I want to risk $90 CAD for a game that sounds good that I don't know too too much about.

Fill me in Fami

And since nobody guessed my all-time favorite chips earlier

it's Kettle brand jalapeño by a county fuckin mile

circling back to this, apparently they're making a 700 usd eiffel tower that's a meter and a half tall

what the fuck are they doing
My old boss is an absolute Lego and Hot Wheels fanatic. He seriously will hunt down the big rare shit.

What the fuck they are doing is going after people like him, genX nerds who do not have video/tabletop games as a hobby. And it works.

I really don't care for the 1:1 scale random piece of shit legos

they made a bafflingly expensive approximation of an atari 2600 and next year they're doing a polaroid camera

you could just find and have those things for cheaper

I'm not the biggest Star Wars person, but I have seen all nine episodes (and Rogue One). I'm not sure if I think Attack of the Clones or Rise of Skywalker is worse. They're both bad for very different reasons. Attack of the Clones is super dull, like, extremely so. There are some memorably bad moments, and there's some pretty interesting ideas, but the execution is very, very bad. And this is coming off of Phantom Menace, a film that's not terrible but definitely a big step down from the originals. Revenge of the Sith is a relief in comparison. Meanwhile Rise of Skywalker is just...such a nothing movie. Dull not because of horrendously poor execution but dull because there's nothing much interesting to execute on. The epitome of Disney having no clue what they wanted for the sequels and not giving them the time they needed for a rewrite or two at points. It's a movie I never want to watch ever again, and it kinda killed my interest in new Star Wars content.

Take this all with the note that, once again, I'm a pretty casual viewer of these movies, all things considered!

I really don't care for the 1:1 scale random piece of shit legos

they made a bafflingly expensive approximation of an atari 2600 and next year they're doing a polaroid camera

you could just find and have those things for cheaper
I can't say anything about the LEGO Atari 2600 since I got the LEGO NES and really loved it and the building experience. So...I guess they got me?

And since nobody guessed my all-time favorite chips earlier

it's Kettle brand jalapeño by a county fuckin mile
I mean I think we all gathered that from context
I realize that this is a forum primarily composed of Nintendo fans so the answer will probably be quite biased, but...

Is Bayonetta 3 good for a person who's never played a Bayonetta game before? I've heard amazing things, the reviews are so high... but I'm not really sure if I want to risk $90 CAD for a game that sounds good that I don't know too too much about.

Fill me in Fami
From what I've heard you probably should play the other games first

Fill me in Fami
For story reasons, you can easily justify playing any of them first and I don’t think you’d be lost with any of them since they are generally straightforward (big evil army of monsters shows up, go beat them up).

I’d recommend getting Bayonetta 2 on Switch however considering it comes with Bayonetta 1. Bayonetta 1 is the toughest of the three. Bayonetta 3 is more complex with the new demon summoning, it’s a gauge, character, and mechanic you have to worry about, but it does has have relative smooth difficulty and more options compared to Bayonetta 1. Bayonetta 2 is my favorite and the one I’d most recommend playing first for newcomers.

Edit: Let me amend my post slightly. There is a very cool extended thing in particular for playing 1 then 2 for story reasons. Bayonetta 3 I think you could play whenever.

Last edited:
y’all let @NateDrake begrudgingly root for his spaceball cowboys

disclaimer: I know nothing of baseball other than loving the wii sport, almost being a softball lesbian in high school, and really wanting to portmanteau “space” and “baseball”
I don't like the Astros. Not one damn bit. I'm a Yankees fan. But I'll root for the Astros and Pena because he's from here.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars person, but I have seen all nine episodes (and Rogue One). I'm not sure if I think Attack of the Clones or Rise of Skywalker is worse. They're both bad for very different reasons. Attack of the Clones is super dull, like, extremely so. There are some memorably bad moments, and there's some pretty interesting ideas, but the execution is very, very bad. And this is coming off of Phantom Menace, a film that's not terrible but definitely a big step down from the originals. Revenge of the Sith is a relief in comparison. Meanwhile Rise of Skywalker is just...such a nothing movie. Dull not because of horrendously poor execution but dull because there's nothing much interesting to execute on. The epitome of Disney having no clue what they wanted for the sequels and not giving them the time they needed for a rewrite or two at points. It's a movie I never want to watch ever again, and it kinda killed my interest in new Star Wars content.

Take this all with the note that, once again, I'm a pretty casual viewer of these movies, all things considered!
It still utterly baffles me that you buy Star Wars, get all the old actors on board, make it this HUGE thing, and somehow don't bother to actually write out a plot for a trilogy in advance. Just no plan at all.

does anyone happen to know of good resources for basic coding / game coding concepts?

like I’m versed enough in code to know how to do a lot of damage, and I’m absolutely brute forcing solutions in my game, but I’d like to get an idea of more useful architecture fundamentals

like I learned code by sheer force of will and necessity — I have very little formal training

so the kind of stuff I’m trying to fill in is like… how should I set up a state stack to not ruin my life later? what exactly the fuck is a “singleton”? etc
I don't really have any readily available resources, but reading up on the design patterns from the "gang of four" book should at least give you an idea of some common patterns that are used, including the singleton pattern. The original book was written with C++ in mind, but I'm sure you could find someone explaining them in terms of C# if you look. It's certainly not the be-all, end-all of design patterns, but it's a decent starting point that most tend to have at least a passing familiarity with. I believe there are also some widely recognized game dev-specific design patterns, but those are somewhat outside my area of expertise.

Hopefully that at least provides a bit of direction.

Last edited:
5 years ago me and my wife visited New York from across the pond, it was hella cold to the point our thin swedish socks just didnt cut it.
We wnt in to a store to get some new thicker socks and we got like a 10 pack of socks called "PONY" and they were about the best socks I've ever had.

It's cold today and I put on a pair of PONY-socks. And now I'm down to my last pair - and it pains me that I havnt been able to find any more of these online.

Please Fami, help me. I need new PONY socks.

Pong is the perfect video game.

Edit: And before someone goes "I know you kid, but—"

I mean it. It's literally just a square and two rectangles with the width of one and the length of four of said square, and all you can do is move the rectangles on their respective y-axis. But it does everything it sets out to do, and there is no way you can improve upon it.

Last edited:
I think the perfect game thread is cool because any game can be mentioned according to the "rules" set by Lozjam. If there was nothing that bothered you while playing=perfect, at least in the thread. Not that deep.

5 years ago me and my wife visited New York from across the pond, it was hella cold to the point our thin swedish socks just didnt cut it.
We wnt in to a store to get some new thicker socks and we got like a 10 pack of socks called "PONY" and they were about the best socks I've ever had.

It's cold today and I put on a pair of PONY-socks. And now I'm down to my last pair - and it pains me that I havnt been able to find any more of these online.

So you admit to being a Sony Pony, huh?
shame-go-t.gif

Yeah even with coffee in me I can't really follow that stuff.

I'd be happy with a juicier Switch next year, though, even if I do enjoy my OLED.
Yup, I held off on the OLED for so long that I don't feel like it would be worth it anymore by now, but I am all in for a juicier model.

Been up since 3am, sore throat kept me up a chunk of the night.

But hey, I got mods for classic battlefront 2 working on steam deck, good news right?

I don't like the Astros. Not one damn bit. I'm a Yankees fan. But I'll root for the Astros and Pena because he's from here.
I could at least understand your hatred of Mario Sunshine but a Yankees fan??

You better not also be a Cowboys fan...

Don't think I've seen a single full match of baseball in my life.

Actually, wait. There was that one time during a west-coast roadtrip I was bed-ridden in my hotel room and I did watch what probably was a full game of baseball.

I was hardly lucid, though.

I mean it. It's literally just a square and two rectangles with the width of one and the length of four of said square, and all you can do is move the rectangles on their respective y-axis. But it does everything it sets out to do, and there is no way you can improve upon it.
Pong would be better if it had a Battle Pass and I could unlock funny hats for my paddle.

Heh, Valkyrie Elysium, Soul Hackers 2 and Star Ocean 6. They all turned out to be bitter lessons for their devs.

I mean, what's the point of having a high budget releases for obviously niche games? Did their "vision" once again not match with current industry trends? Or they just misread the trends and thought that MH World thing still can happen?

I just hope these failures won't hurt their devs in the long term but I'm not hopeful for tri-ace at all. And that's not the end of the Japanese bombas, Wild Hearts next year will sure to follow them.

Something something games got more complex but never got more fun

Is it this brand ? They also have a second website, but don't seem to have an online shop. Unfortunately can't find any of their winter socks, only ankle socks on eBay. The name of the brand makes it very hard to find online, even when using a request like "PONY winter socks -horses -little" on Google. It seems to be a pretty big brand, they even have a Wikipedia page, but maybe it's dead now ?

Sorry I couldn't help more! If you're looking for warm and comfortable winter socks, though, you can check Decathlon, maybe? Their snow hiking socks or ski socks are very good.

I don't really have any readily available resources, but reading up on the design patterns from the "gang of four" book should at least give you an idea of some common patterns that are used, including the singleton pattern. The original book was written with C++ in mind, but I'm sure you could find someone explaining them in terms of C# if you look. It's certainly not the be-all, end-all of design patterns, but it's a decent starting point that most tend to have at least a passing familiarity with. I believe there are also some widely recognized game dev-specific design patterns, but those are somewhat outside my area of expertise.

Hopefully that at least provides a bit of direction.
thank you so much, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. and I feel like if I know more of the language of the patterns, then I can find more suited game-design ones.

and no worries about C++ — I’m pretty good at reading any C-based language and most other languages I can get the gist of pretty quickly. Plus I technically have programmed in C++ a long, long time ago.

livin’ on to tell the tale though I sip from the well of the mentos bisque

no menty b will let me be but none can best me bones

Hmmm

I wonder if there's a guide somewhere that teaches how to do research

Like, historical research

(There is, I'm sure, just need to pick the right one)

We got people hating on Nate's choice in sports teams, and I'm just like, "Yeah, that sounds like a kind of New Yorker, alright."

Source: Family's from the Bronx and my dad is a fan of the same teams.

I am just excited for the next batch of Nintendo stuff to get going.
Only really Pokémon is left for this year, and I am excited for a new batch to be hyped for, alongside Fire Emblem and Kirbo and the such.

Being a Washington Football team fan, it's not about watching games, it's about waiting for the owner to sell the and/or being taken from this world by aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom