• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone familiar with Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits? I tried the demo as a gag but it seems like it might actually be both fun and funny

Heh, Valkyrie Elysium, Soul Hackers 2 and Star Ocean 6. They all turned out to be bitter lessons for their devs.

I mean, what's the point of having a high budget releases for obviously niche games? Did their "vision" once again not match with current industry trends? Or they just misread the trends and thought that MH World thing still can happen?

I just hope these failures won't hurt their devs in the long term but I'm not hopeful for tri-ace at all. And that's not the end of the Japanese bombas, Wild Hearts next year will sure to follow them.
The other two seem higher budget, but Soul Hackers 2 certainly is not. Everything about it screams "low budget" the entire way through. Which isn't a bad thing! I'm down to get more lower-budget RPGs kind of like what we used to get on 3DS and the like. But yeah, Switch is a much better fit for that kind of thing IMO.

The other two seem higher budget, but Soul Hackers 2 certainly is not. Everything about it screams "low budget" the entire way through. Which isn't a bad thing! I'm down to get more lower-budget RPGs kind of like what we used to get on 3DS and the like. But yeah, Switch is a much better fit for that kind of thing IMO.
It sure is higher budget than veeery niche first game. Should have been a similar sequel, a FP dungeon crawler.

Heh, Valkyrie Elysium, Soul Hackers 2 and Star Ocean 6. They all turned out to be bitter lessons for their devs.

I mean, what's the point of having a high budget releases for obviously niche games? Did their "vision" once again not match with current industry trends? Or they just misread the trends and thought that MH World thing still can happen?

I just hope these failures won't hurt their devs in the long term but I'm not hopeful for tri-ace at all. And that's not the end of the Japanese bombas, Wild Hearts next year will sure to follow them.
I think that's probably at least part of it. Everyone still dreams of being the next Monster Hunter and jumping to mainstream, AAA-like worldwide success while ignoring the fact that Monster Hunter World had an almost perfect combination of circumstances and foundations that most "niche" IPs simply don't have.

Pokemon leaked Switch 2

Boy, even job listings these days are like "Switch 2 fucking when!!??"

I think that's probably at least part of it. Everyone still dreams of being the next Monster Hunter and jumping to mainstream, AAA-like worldwide success while ignoring the fact that Monster Hunter World had an almost perfect combination of circumstances and foundations that most "niche" IPs simply don't have.

Boy, even job listings these days are like "Switch 2 fucking when!!??"
I mean, MH came home after that and still was a massive success comparable to the AAA entry. And since the budget was lower, they probably made more money.

Tri-ace made another high budget Star Ocean game AFTER the previous high budget Star Ocean game failed miserably. AND they whined that they were struggling financially. Their refusal to bring their games to Nintendo platforms (even the recent remasters of resonance of Fate and Star Ocean 4) is just a cherry on top. If I were in a big financial trouble, I'd definitely be where the money was. Just reviving that forgotten Phantasy Star game Nova or HD remastering Radiant Stories would have put them in better position.

At one piece red. Got the theater all to myself
anyone familiar with Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits? I tried the demo as a gag but it seems like it might actually be both fun and funny
Apparently itโ€™s pretty solid arcade goodness

Pet peeve of mine is when people call the current gen next gen. It's already released so it is by very definition current gen.
tbh with how little games there are incentivising getting it and the difficulty of obtaining such a console it's still doesn't really feel like current gen.

I mean, MH came home after that and still was a massive success comparable to the AAA entry. And since the budget was lower, they probably made more money.

Tri-ace made another high budget Star Ocean game AFTER the previous high budget Star Ocean game failed miserably. AND they whined that they were struggling financially. Their refusal to bring their games to Nintendo platforms (even the recent remasters of resonance of Fate and Star Ocean 4) is just a cherry on top. If I were in a big financial trouble, I'd definitely be where the money was. Just reviving that forgotten Phantasy Star game Nova or HD remastering Radiant Stories would have put them in better position.
Yeah... I may be wrong here, but tri-Ace's current situation reminds me of those gambling addicts that just keep gambling because they think one day they'll make it big and then they will recoup everything they've lost and then some more and what actually happens is they keep bleeding money left and right.

Red Sox fans.
maos-red-plain-socks.jpg

(I've got no clue what you're actually talking about)

Iโ€™ve never played it but Iโ€™ve heard itโ€™s good arcadey fun. Also iirc it took Japan by storm or something.

Nah it's the cowboys fans who have zero actual connection to Dallas, they're the worst.

Close second to Red Sox fans.
Boston sports is insufferable in general. Any team loses and Boston.com just goes into full doomsday mode. Especially the Patriots.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate has the most trash matchmaking system on the Switch.

It's my birthday, so anybody who doesn't like this post and agree with it is getting permabanned

#salt
I agree!

(and happy birthday, fellow November birthday with a 5 in the date!)

Very grateful that people talk about Pikmin 4 because it reminds me and my malfunctioning brain that yes, Pikmin 4 is real and a 2023 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom