• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I pinged two friends that I remember being huge fans of Musk. I mostly did it for some schadenfreude, but turns out both of them replied with “Fuck Elon Musk” and I think in the end this made me way happier than if they had tried to defend him.

The other day I pinged two friends that I remember being huge fans of Musk. I mostly did it for some schadenfreude, but turns out both of them replied with “Fuck Elon Musk” and I think in the end this made me way happier than if they had tried to defend him.
Yeah I used to respect him, I'm guessing most people did. But when people show their asses it's easy to completely lose any respect.

Today I learned that the main reason in 2007 my friends kept playing Don’t Stop Believing back in high school as “our song to remember” is cause it re-gain a lot tractions is because of The Sopranos.

Which makes sense cause when I heard it in the show. I kept thinking of my high school days and thought “hey around the time the show ended too, weird”.

I just saw current Pre-order numbers for Pokémon Violet and Scarlett.

Just one place, but perhaps looking to be a major launch above everyone’s expectations. “First Open World” boost strikes again

Yeah I used to respect him, I'm guessing most people did. But when people show their asses it's easy to completely lose any respect.
He actually never did anything that deserved any respect. He knew where to attack, couple of circus tricks like unlrealized concept cars, putting those cars in the space and boom. His worthless company is overvalued to the skies. Tesla is at a point where selling every single person in the US a Tesla car fulfills its crazy valuation. We created monster and now we're dealing with the consequences.

Same thing is happening to Netflix. They're getting their billions worth of credit approved like there's no tomorrow. They're in debt that a 13 bucks a month subscription will never pay off in a century. There needs to be a solution this uncontrolled tech valuation.

Are you cooking something
I'm cosplaying

Tom_Nook_WW.png

Today I learned that the main reason in 2007 my friends kept playing Don’t Stop Believing back in high school as “our song to remember” is cause it re-gain a lot tractions is because of The Sopranos.

Which makes sense cause when I heard it in the show. I kept thinking of my high school days and thought “hey around the time the show ended too, weird”.
I am also convinced the Sopranos caused the revitalisation of Steely Dan

He actually never did anything that deserved any respect. He knew where to attack, couple of circus tricks like unlrealized concept cars, putting those cars in the space and boom. His worthless company is overvalued to the skies. Tesla is at a point where selling every single person in the US a Tesla car fulfills its crazy valuation. We created monster and now we're dealing with the consequences.

Same thing is happening to Netflix. They're getting their billions worth of credit approved like there's no tomorrow. They're in debt that a 13 bucks a month subscription will never pay off in a century. There needs to be a solution this uncontrolled tech valuation.
What I mean is without doing any digging myself, his persona and media coverage painted him as someone who knew what he was doing. Which I know now was always BS.
I'm cosplaying

Tom_Nook_WW.png
Ah I did not recognize that leaf. Apologies.

That makes sense. Just look at how big Running up that hill got this year due to Stranger Things, it even charted, amazingly.

The "senior song" thing is kind of funny to me, I remember when I was in school and nearly every class for years picked "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day

What I mean is without doing any digging myself, his persona and media coverage painted him as someone who knew what he was doing. Which I know now was always BS.
Some of it, but there were cracks in the facade early on. I remember Top Gear (which is entertainment, not journalism, I get it) tested the Tesla Roadster and were pointing out that the brakes were useless after a few laps and the full-charge battery was dead in less than an hour, Elon called them liars and sued. Sued the BBC for reporting what happened during their test. Tesla said every element of the test was a lie made up to deliberately damage their reputation.

This was in 2008.

Consumer Reports has been pointing out Teslas had subpar build quality for years, I remember in one magazine they pointed out the chassis, interior, and body had about the same level of fit and finish as a Hyundai they recently tested, and that what you're paying for must then be the prestige and the electric motor tech, because the car itself was mostly mundane. Tesla called them liars and suggested they were being directed by Big Oil to harm Tesla's reputation. At some point Musk suggested all the traditional auto journalist outlets were out to get him, and suggested creating a "new form of media" with fact-checkers that would vet everyone for accuracy, and leave the lying "old media" behind.

This shit Musk is pulling, he has been pulling it with the press (at least) for as long as I've been hearing about him. Says what he wants, does what he wants, and anyone who doesn't like up with him, sues them and spins their position. The worship around him has baffled me for over a decade, but people would tell me that he's just operating on a different level of intelligence that normal people don't understand or accuse me of being pro-pollution or some shit. I was saying years ago that he sounds like a version of Trump who was simply positioned as a progressive environmentalist.

And now just scratch the "progressive environmentalist" part.

Fuck Elon Musk. I would literally trust Wario more.

Anyway I have a backlog and cannot for the life of me decide what to play next and it's racking my brain.

I have a question. I have the Expansion Pass NSO, and I want to take oart of the double gold coins perk, but the x2 isn't appearing in the eshop, is there a list of games that qualify for it?

If I'm getting $12 in gold points, that itself, pays for my membership.

Well i got $17 of gold coins and 25 of Eshop credit, curious to see how much of my digital wishlist gets hit in the next couple weeks. .hack GU, SD Gundam battle alliance, and umihara kawase fresh are the big ones

Super Smash Bros Ultimate has the most trash matchmaking system on the Switch.

It's my birthday, so anybody who doesn't like this post and agree with it is getting permabanned

#salt
You don't need to coerce me into agreeing that SSBU matchmaking is shit, you know.

Happy birthday, famidad!

Last edited:
it rocks that this whole economic system is now reliant on rich assholes giving each other fake money to build fake things. totally going to end well.

I have a question. I have the Expansion Pass NSO, and I want to take oart of the double gold coins perk, but the x2 isn't appearing in the eshop, is there a list of games that qualify for it?

4x1_2xGPforNSO_enGB_image1600w.jpg

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members will receive double Gold Points (worth 10% of the purchase price) on all purchases of games, downloadable content and even Game Vouchers from Nintendo eShop until January 31st 2023.

I have not tried it myself though.

4x1_2xGPforNSO_enGB_image1600w.jpg

I have not tried it myself though.
FYI the extra gold coins won’t be rewarded till February I think. It’s in the fine print

I never see any ads on Twitter, because the adblock software I've always used is just that good.
I can assure you that you do

I can assure you that the most innocuous thing that you’re certain could not be an ad in any way is definitely, absolutely, a paid advertisement, let alone the echoes of advertisement all around you

not that this isn’t true of literally everything. I mean like… we’re literally a brand-oriented forum for discussion, at least on technicality.

but on Twitter especially, no ad block can save you

Time to take a nap, so I can be up for the target B2G1F sale going live tonight by playing a lot of Xenoblade 3. Hoping to catch slipups

Indivisible
SuperEpic: The Entertainment War
Hob
Hyper Light Drifter
The Longest 5 Minutes
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Teslagrad
Kero Blaster
Chrono Cross
Arafell
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Spiritfarer
oh I totally know the answer to this. you have to play them in waves.

Wave 1:

1. Hyper Light Drifter — prioritize. incredible game.
2. Spiritfarer — woven in when you need a break from the intensity of HLD
3. Paper Mario: The Origami King — longer semi-lighthearted RPG woven between both, ties the whole wave together

Wave 2:

1. Chrono Cross — lead with nostalgia RPG.
2. Kero Blaster — run n’ gun pixel fun / frustration, level-based to break up the RPG structure
3. one of the more “visual novel” -esque ones to pad the intensity

and uhhhh the rest I don’t know very well but follow that kind of pattern!

definitely do Wave 1!!!!

oh I totally know the answer to this. you have to play them in waves.

Wave 1:

1. Hyper Light Drifter — prioritize. incredible game.
2. Spiritfarer — woven in when you need a break from the intensity of HLD
3. Paper Mario: The Origami King — longer semi-lighthearted RPG woven between both, ties the whole wave together

Wave 2:

1. Chrono Cross — lead with nostalgia RPG.
2. Kero Blaster — run n’ gun pixel fun / frustration, level-based to break up the RPG structure
3. one of the more “visual novel” -esque ones to pad the intensity

and uhhhh the rest I don’t know very well but follow that kind of pattern!

definitely do Wave 1!!!!
awVz76f.gif

Question, do you think we will get a general direct before or after kirby wii adventure dx release?

IMO, its sure at early january we will get a pokémon direct announcing scarlet/violet expansion and maybe a new game but winter general direct is a bit of mistery imo.

Ended up grabbing No Man’s Sky today, offset the price with some gold coins. I’ve never played any other version before. I’m on a very cold planet called Texas XIII

Question, do you think we will get a general direct before or after kirby wii adventure dx release?

IMO, its sure at early january we will get a pokémon direct announcing scarlet/violet expansion and maybe a new game but winter general direct is a bit of mistery imo.
I don’t think we’re getting a Direct pre-Fire Emblem other than probably an Indies and a Fire Emblem Direct. After FE we’ll probably get the General Direct, and they’ll really start to open the floodgates on TotK

Indivisible
SuperEpic: The Entertainment War
Hob
Hyper Light Drifter
The Longest 5 Minutes
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Teslagrad
Kero Blaster
Chrono Cross
Arafell
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Spiritfarer
Play Chrono Cross with Radical Dreamers! Paper Mario is also pretty cool.

PAGING @Derachi I HAVE GREAT NEWS

so you know how we figured the double gold points thing wasn’t happening in Canada?

WE WERE WRONG

I FOUND THE FINE PRINT
  • happening in Canada
  • all gold-point-eligible games are eligible actually
  • bonus points are NOT PAID OUT UNTIL FEBRUARY FIRST
  • you must have an active NSO+EP membership on Jan 31st 2023

PAGING @Derachi I HAVE GREAT NEWS

so you know how we figured the double gold points thing wasn’t happening in Canada?

WE WERE WRONG

I FOUND THE FINE PRINT
  • happening in Canada
  • all gold-point-eligible games are eligible actually
  • bonus points are NOT PAID OUT UNTIL FEBRUARY FIRST
  • you must have an active NSO+EP membership on Jan 31st 2023
👀👀👀👀

got a list of eligible games?

Still think it's dumb that the coins aren't paid out til Feb

I'm going to be a real nerd and tally up how many I earn and it better match what I get in Feb. If it doesn't for some reason they will PAY

by me posting one complaint post here

I’ve only read ~100 chapters of One Piece, but my brother dragged me to the movie nonetheless. High recommend from me.

Shrug I’m still planning to get P5R. Not sure if I want it now tho despite the B2G1F, cause I won’t play it till after I play P3P and there could be better deals by then. May roll down to if I can get Live a live on the B2G1F. If I can I’ll skip P5R, if not I won’t

👀👀👀👀

got a list of eligible games?
it’s all gold-point-eligible games

all of them

I have screenshots but something really fucked up came to my attention while taking them so I’m putting them last

are you sitting down?

good.

Nintendo officially, unambiguously believes in and classifies SECOND-PARTY GAMES.

PkcWQlk.jpg

the link about eligible games leads to the generic gold-point-eligible games page here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom