• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are Supra chips, aren't they.

Wait, no, fu—
I mean.. I wouldn't say no to those

Sweet Maui Onion chips
9j2RAq9_d.webp

WatchMojo?

More like:

Mojodojo!

...You know, it kinda does make you appreciate the settings.

Supra Milkchocolate Odyssey
I'd play the heck outta that game.
this is the lamest thing but the next lego modular is allegedly a combination pizzeria jazz club which is truly raccooncore
That's not lame, that's cool as hell, I can't wait to see that. I don't have enough space in my place for LEGO beyond those adult Mario sets, but that theme? That's somewhere I wanna go in real life tbh.

I put that LEGO puzzle videogame on my eShop wishlist but my eShop wishlist is basically like my Amazon booklist in that it is entirely hypothetical and in no way a thing that will become a lived reality at any point.

My son started watching the Star Wars movies in order. My word was the dialogue writing abysmal in the Phantom Menace. I know it only gets worse later on once the romance starts. Haven’t seen this in like 20 plus years.

My son started watching the Star Wars movies in order. My word was the dialogue writing abysmal in the Phantom Menace. I know it only gets worse later on once the romance starts. Haven’t seen this in like 20 plus years.
My kid has expressed interest and you can bet I'm never going to let her know there were prequels.

this is the lamest thing but the next lego modular is allegedly a combination pizzeria jazz club which is truly raccooncore
look I loathe the pricey nostalgia & franchise farm that lego has become but pizzeria jazz club sounds like it really fucks

I dunno I’m nearly caught up with canon Star Wars and there hasn’t been a bad Star Wars yet

My kid has expressed interest and you can bet I'm never going to let her know there were prequels.
Honestly, the political maneuvering from Palapatine is really well thought out in the plot. If only Anakin had decent actors (or script. Hard to tell what caused it to be so bad). Having to appeal to kids (ie merchandising) ruined it a little, but these weren’t some high culture movies anyway. I can let that go. A straight political show deeper into the politics would actually be cool.

Dunking on AoC over PM is a choice
Just watching attack of the clones now and Phantom Menace is better. The romance scenes and Hayden Christiansen being stuff as a 2x4 bring this down so much.
Yeah while neither is GOOD, I have a lot more patience for Phantom Menace, and I believe the general feeling is that Attack of the Clone is worse. Most people ranked it as the worst Star Wars movie period, until Rise of Skywalker happened.

There are only 2 Star Wars movies:

The Caravan of Courage

and

The Battle for Endor

People were talking about cheating in baseball throughout the day, it definitely made today’s Hard Drive article extra amusing lol.

Full article is silly and worth reading, though the headline and image combo is my favorite part.

Attack Of The Clones genuinely is one of the worst big blockbuster movies released in the last 20 years or so. It's an ugly looking, badly written, poorly acted movie. Virtually nothing redeemable about it.

Yeah while neither is GOOD, I have a lot more patience for Phantom Menace, and I believe the general feeling is that Attack of the Clone is worse. Most people ranked it as the worst Star Wars movie period, until Rise of Skywalker happened.
Do people hate Rise of Skywalker? I know critics did. For me it was decidedly average. The problem I have with the most recent trilogy is that it basically is just the or original trilogy all over again with some differences. At least the prequels tried something different and do have a good through line as far as plot goes.

Attack Of The Clones genuinely is one of the worst big blockbuster movies released in the last 20 years or so. It's an ugly looking, badly written, poorly acted movie. Virtually nothing redeemable about it.
The only memorable parts are how bad some scenes are acted and the yoda fight (which I think cheapens the character). I personally wish yoda stayed a puppet like in the first 3 movies. Too bad they edited yoda to CGI in Phantom Menace in the recent releases. At least he was a puppet in The Last Jedi.

A movie about a down on his luck shmo who gets in trouble with the mob and has to take a job as a baker to pay them off.

Knead Dough.

Oh my word. My favorite brewery has just made the beer for Famiboards.

Barley Rae Jepsen Canadian-style Lager

I will be trying to procure this next weekend.

I wouldn't even put forward Super Mega Baseball 3, a game I have played more than any other game in my history of gaming, as a perfect game.

I always had a soft spot for Attack of the Clones growing up, I'm not totally sure why. I think as an adult, certain parts of it work better than Phantom Menace - less boring politics, less Jar Jar Binks, no shitty child actor, the almost cool detective story with Obi Wan. But I can recognize that its highs aren't as high and its lows are lower.

But c'mon. No way you can tell me Attack of the Clones is a worse movie than Rise of Skywalker

I mostly just remember Phantom Menace being boring and a let down. Attack of the Clones in spite of the crap “romance” at least had some better action sequences. But I’ll admit I haven’t seen the prequels since they were in theaters so my memory is probably hazy at best.

While we're here, let's rank the (live action) Star Wars TV shows. Note: I have only watched a handful of episodes of Andor, and while I really like it so far, I haven't seen enough of it to include it.

First is the Mandalorian

A fair way behind in second place is the Book of Boba Fett

This is followed, very distantly, by Obi Wan

Thank you, I will not be taking questions

I always had a soft spot for Attack of the Clones growing up, I'm not totally sure why. I think as an adult, certain parts of it work better than Phantom Menace - less boring politics, less Jar Jar Binks, no shitty child actor, the almost cool detective story with Obi Wan. But I can recognize that its highs aren't as high and its lows are lower.

But c'mon. No way you can tell me Attack of the Clones is a worse movie than Rise of Skywalker
I’ve only seen it once, but at the time at least, I didn’t hate Rise of Skywalker anywhere near as much as most people seem to. It had a lot of dumb moments in it but I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Very mediocre, but not too bad.

Rise of Skywalker is also a bad movie, but there’s a base level of competence in its acting and story.

Rise Of Skywalker is not a good movie, but it didn't hinge its emotional core on one of the most laughably bad romances in Hollywood history.

It just snuck it in at the end.

While we're here, let's rank the (live action) Star Wars TV shows. Note: I have only watched a handful of episodes of Andor, and while I really like it so far, I haven't seen enough of it to include it.

First is the Mandalorian

I'm only halfway through what's out of Andor, and am tentatively placing it based on the assumption that its level of quality will remain consistent. So:
  1. Andor
  2. Mando
  3. Obi Wan
  4. followed very distantly by Boba Fett

I'm only halfway through what's out of Andor, and am tentatively placing it based on the assumption that its level of quality will remain consistent. So:
  1. Andor
  2. Mando
  3. Obi Wan
  4. followed very distantly by Boba Fett
This would be mine as well. Same tentative first place for Andor. I’ve only seen the first four episodes so far, but it seems a step above Mando which I like a lot.

The MV for the symphonic version of Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus was freaking brilliant! Recasting the same actress for the MV, showing how her character has done her best to move on from her previous, toxic relationship… the song hits even harder now.

First is the Mandalorian

I've only fully watched Boba Fett and the Mandalorian, and about two and a bit episodes of both Obi Wan and Andor

1. The Mandalorian
2. Andor
(distant) 3. Boba Fett
4. Obi Wan

I'd put both Rebels and The Clone Wars above all of these (and at around the same level), and while I haven't finished Bad Batch either, I'd place it a bit below Andor.

Welp

Watching the last episode of Derry Girls right now.

Wish this series could just keep going and going until everyone's sick of it but me

Andor is so much better written than anything Star Wars in decades it’s not even close.

I would actually say Obi Wan is worse than Attack of the Clones and only slightly better than Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom