• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know any good and independent video game magazines or websites, consider supporting them if you can. Video games journalist is a dying job and a huge industry like that needs a huge counter-power to report on it.

I expect Kid Icarus Uprising to be a Crisis Core Reunion situation, an almost 1:1 remake with all redone assets, recycling from smash ultimate and QoL changes.

It will be a summer 2023 title.

Would you buy it? In my case probably no as I already played the original in 3DS back in 2012.

I expect Kid Icarus Uprising to be a Crisis Core Reunion situation, an almost 1:1 remake with all redone assets, recycling from smash ultimate and QoL changes.

It will be a summer 2023 title.

Would you buy it? In my case probably no as I already played the original in 3DS back in 2012.
I wonder how they'd handle the resolution increase, just make every model bigger? Since the game's (mostly) a rail shooter screen space matters a lot, which means making Pit smaller would make the game too easy.

KI: U is a fucking fantastic game and it getting a Switch port that has controls designed for humans would propel it into GOAT territory. That said I'm a little distrustful that Sakurai was teasing a remake in his personal video essay series, it's more likely that he's being cheeky about the rumors. Still believe it's happening personally, but people would analyze Sakurai's breathing patterns if they could (remember Chair Theory?)

The Fiend's Cauldron is one of the best parts of Uprising so I'm glad Sakurai did a video on it. I really like how playing on higher difficulties gives you better weapons so that you can do better in said high difficulties. It almost feels like a simplified Monster Hunter-ish gameplay loop.
TWEWY had a similar risk-reward system where you needed to turn up the difficulty to earn better pins and then lower your maximum HP for a higher drop rate

Sparks of Hope is pretty excellent but there are two problems.

1) the music makes me sickeningly nostalgic for mid to late 90s Rare
2) M+R being the best Mario spin-offs on Switch* makes me sad that series like Mario & Luigi are consigned to the dustbin of history

*Mario Kart is basically a main Mario series along with 2D and 3D.

Against better judgement, I started playing Mass Effect LE even though I have not made all that much progress in TOR so far, because I am an absolute idiot who thinks he can handle playing two massive games at once.

Look at this chump right here, smh.

The place is a few hours away from where I live so I have to plan ahead of time if I wanna go, get his autograph and a photo with him. It’s in July so I have plenty of time to prepare

Finally. A con near me where I can actually meet a Star Wars actor

Holy shit, Billy Dee Williams will be at a convention that will be somewhat near me next year @merp @chocolate_supra @Brofield
Eyy, that's dope! I saw BDW once at FanExpo I think a few months before TLJ had come out, we were told ahead of the Q&A he couldn't answer any questions about the current trilogy at the time, but he was pretty excited to talk with fans (and honestly he genuinely smiled and laughed if he was asked any questions about his stage theatre/film/tv career that wasn't Star Wars related haha)

We REALLY need to make an “ST Dibs List.” Maybe it can go at the bottom of @Red Monster’s ST next month, and we can keep it updated with people who claim the different threads?

As it stands right now I suppose it’s

Dec 2022 - Red Monster
Jan 2023 - Legion of Primes
Feb 2023 - zhou
Yeah, I'll make it official and throw my hat in the ring for doing the March 2023 ST haha. OT18/ST18 leggo

I think my favorite reaction is always people being like "omg why did they feel the need to weigh in". It's like... they probably didn't? They were just asked in an interview?
And the funniest thing is that it's always the mildest takes ever that get completely blown out of proportion. Like Tarantino, of all people, has ample reason to go scorched earth on Disney and it's like... stuff that even people within the MCU have said.

Clearly you do NOT wish for nautical nonsense. smh

With increasing age, you become more and more like Plankton and start to appreaciate F.U.N. more.

I also have 3 kids that were all born during times where Spongebob already existed, so i had a lot of nautical nonsense that would be enough for 3 lifetimes.

...oh fuck that's right I'm one of those people thinking it gets announced in March.

I really should get some coffee in me now while I have the chance 😂
You will be swimming in the FamiCoin though if it does get announced then with the way bellydrum has the new system set up. Imagine the number of replies you will get just from that day?

You will be swimming in the FamiCoin though if it does get announced then with the way bellydrum has the new system set up. Imagine the number of replies you will get just from that day?
Swimming in vast Famicoin fortunes, or wallow in misery and despair come March 31st and also mute the hardware speculation thread to preserve what little sanity I've retained?

...I like my odds, I'm still sticking with it!

Swimming in vast Famicoin fortunes, or wallow in misery and despair come March 31st and also mute the hardware speculation thread to preserve what little sanity I've retained?

...I like my odds, I'm still sticking with it!

Maybe you can hire a user to read posts and threads for you with all that Famirich.

As it wasnt appreciated by everyone, I'll just hide it.

T.(eam) Asano about to not only dominate the RPG scene, but also foosball giant Germany

HrrXyAp.png

Last edited:
I made my morning cup of coffee, and only realized after it finished brewing that I put my mug upside down underneath the Keurig. So my day is already off to a fantastic start 🙃

flying-high.gif

The funny part is that the statement is correct, but the reasoning is iffy. They could have pointed to Nintendo's easily accessible demographics chart to show that the Switch is not "predominantly for families."

And both Sony's and Microsoft's responses are kinda silly like that. It's only a couple steps removed from a playground argument.

I made my morning cup of coffee, and only realized after it finished brewing that I put my mug upside down underneath the Keurig. So my day is already off to a fantastic start 🙃

flying-high.gif
I don’t think that is why they put the little splash catcher in the bottom, but hopefully it worked!

Well this is fascinating to see unfold:

Heavily agreed. I'm trying very hard to boycott that shit.

I’m liking how Microsoft is basically in full “self-own” mode to show how they either have no market share, so aren’t a threat to Sony, or that Nintendo is doing so good that everyone would rather release all their titles on the Switch. The things legal will do to win their argument.

I’m liking how Microsoft is basically in full “self-own” mode to show how they either have no market share, so aren’t a threat to Sony, or that Nintendo is doing so good that everyone would rather release all their titles on the Switch. The things legal will do to win their argument.
TBH it feels like a winning argument. Basically, if the argument against the acquisition is "it would put their competition at a disadvantage" then your defense would need to be "we are currently at a disadvantage and this acquisition would only help us compete".

It puts the onus on the other legal team to show how they aren't advantaged already, which is difficult when the reality generally is Playstation is and has always been far ahead of Xbox globally.

TBH it feels like a winning argument. Basically, if the argument against the acquisition is "it would put their competition at a disadvantage" then your defense would need to be "we are currently at a disadvantage and this acquisition would only help us compete".

It puts the onus on the other legal team to show how they aren't advantaged already, which is difficult when the reality generally is Playstation is and has always been far ahead of Xbox globally.
Oh for sure. This is a good strategy. Just funny to see. We get all sorts of interesting legal arguments from stakeholders at work, and the “We suck so shouldn’t be punished” arguments are pretty common.

I could live without resetera style subposting. I just thought it was fun with T. Asano, but sure, I wont do it again and I get it.

Sorry.
I apologize for subposting, I didn't even actually read the joke because I saw a world cup box score and immediately groaned and scrolled past it. Personally I'm good at just ignoring stuff I don't want to see but I wanted to agree with Bonejack in general that I'd rather not see a bunch of world cup stuff in this thread.

Well this is fascinating to see unfold:

Heavily agreed. I'm trying very hard to boycott that shit.

Ah yes, mature content like * checks notes * Life is Strange.

Yes I know the first game has a mystery serial killer but that's not nearly as dark as half the shit Microsoft puts out.

As it wasnt appreciated by everyone, I'll just hide it.

T.(eam) Asano about to not only dominate the RPG scene, but also foosball giant Germany

HrrXyAp.png
As someone who doesn't care much about the World Cup for obvious reasons, this has been worth it just to see Spanish Twitter flooded with Captain Tsubasa memes. You can't convince me that the Japanese team didn't get ready for the second half by listening to Moete Hero in a loop.

I guess I was stuck in quite mode or something. Anyway I wanted to add to the SpongeBob stuff from earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom